Is this picture of the communion (flesh of Christ)?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues

If so, is it allowed to show it like this? In my church, they hid it and don't show it.  ???

Comments

• This is at the confession (namely, the deacon's part) directly before the distribution of the Holy Mysteries.
  • I've heard once that the pinkish spot in the middle is actually the real flesh (I mean outwardly) I know the bread really changes into the flesh...

has anyone heard the same???
    if not, wht's that pinkish spot in the middle??
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=7246.msg96084#msg96084 date=1224623570]
    I've heard once that the pinkish spot in the middle is actually the real flesh (I mean outwardly) I know the bread really changes into the flesh...

has anyone heard the same???
    if not, wht's that pinkish spot in the middle??

Abouna dips the Deskpotikon (central most part of the sacrifice) in the chalice and then uses it to place some drops of the Precious Blood in the middle and around the rest of the oblation. He then places the Despotikon back into the Chalice and reserves that for his own communion.
  • So the Body of Christ during communion always has this pink spot in the middle?(teh blood?)

+mahraeel+
  • Yes, just most don't notice it because they don't see what abouna is doing during the Liturgy
  • thanks..lol sryy for all my questions but i know what it is but why do we do it..or why does abouna do it rather?

+mahraeel+
  • This is from Anba Mattaeous book on the Spirituality of the Rites of the Liturgy:

"Dipping the Body in the Blood teaches us that this Body is for the Blood and this Blood is for this Body. Likewise, signing the Body with the Spadikon absorbed in the Blood indicates the unity of the Body and the Blood with the Divinity, which has not parted from his humanity even for a single instant or a twinkle of an eye. Dipping the jewel in the Blood then removing it refers to the Baptism of Christ; this baptism also commemorating the Lords death and Resurrection.

After signing the Body with the Spadikon absorbed in Blood, the priest goes around the Body touching all the wounds he made on the Body during the fraction, in what is called "the dying of the wounds" as if he is trying to soothe the wounds of the Lord endured because of our sins. However, the priest and the congregation should realize that nothing dresses the wounds of the Lord and heals them except if we return to him and obeying his commandments. This reminds us of the church's interpretation of the Lords words on the cross, when he said, "I thirst". he did not thirst for water as much as he thirsted for the salvation of our souls and our return to Him."
  • Thank You

+mahraeel+
  • so nobody answered my question.
    Is that the actual communion?  If so , that means they don't hid it when giving it to people.
  • [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=7246.msg96276#msg96276 date=1224955253]
    so nobody answered my question.
    Is that the actual communion?  If so , that means they don't hid it when giving it to people.

I said: "This is at the confession (namely, the deacon's part) directly before the distribution of the Holy Mysteries."

I don't think it can be at both places at the same time?  ;)
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=7246.msg96277#msg96277 date=1224955391]
    [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=7246.msg96276#msg96276 date=1224955253]

I said: "This is at the confession (namely, the deacon's part) directly before the distribution of the Holy Mysteries."

lol sorry but i still don't get it! By Holy mysteries you mean the communion right? So, is that in front of the people or behind the curtain?  If a person could take a picture of it, then it means it is allowed to see it.

hmm
  • [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=7246.msg96279#msg96279 date=1224955911]
    [quote author=Severus link=topic=7246.msg96277#msg96277 date=1224955391]
    [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=7246.msg96276#msg96276 date=1224955253]

lol sorry but i still don't get it! By Holy mysteries you mean the communion right? So, is that in front of the people or behind the curtain?  If a person could take a picture of it, then it means it is allowed to see it.

hmm

Yes.

It is 'behind the curtain', AT THE CONFESSION, before the Holy Body is brought out.
  • Yes, Holy Mysteries means communion, in our church the curtain remains open during the liturgy so anyone can see whats going on, and yes in fact liturgies are recorded and video taped in their entirety these days.

• ok guys watch this video and tell me wat use think of it