texting??

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
aghabi everyone

i had a quetion i relli wanted comments, and answers on. 

is it wrng to text guys.? lol i mean i didnt think it was because we have all kinds of friends.  but a person in church once said if u like someone, u shuld avoid texting them.  is that a sin? nd i dont mean texting in a badd way.  u no ur juss chatting,, plzz answer me nicely.  thanksss

+mahraeel+

Comments

• No its not wrong, as long as the conversation is not inappropriate then there should be no problem texting guys or girls or whatever. If you like someone and you are not at an age where you should be thinking about marriage then yes, maybe you should avoid the person all together so feelings don't get stronger if you can't shake the thought on your own while you are around him/her. Other than that, there is no problem texting guys or girls as long as its just friendly chatting.
  • i c lol but wat if ur talking to that person in a friendly chatting way.  nothing bad...wat can go bad wit texts? but is it a sin..??
    plpzz keep commenting
    +mahraeel+
  • If your intentions are good then there is no problem, if your intentions aren't then yes it can become a problem, Sin is anything that seperates you from God in anyway, if texting is a source of seperation from God, where you start thinking about this person more than you do of God or texting pulls you away from God then yes its a sin, other than that no.
  • Also, what if that person sits by you in school and is your partner for projects? Kind of hard to ignore them. What would the youth do at this point? They can't ignore the person neither can they ignore talking to them. Sometimes they need to go to each others houses for projects sometimes! This happened to one of the youth in my church and his emotions just got stronger and stronger.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • texting is the same as talking... so if you think talking to that person is wrong, then don't!

but there is something to think about... many times things are written and because its written without facial expression or vocal expression, can easily be mistaken... once in one of my acting classes, my professor gave us a phrase... and told us to keep repeating it for three to five minutes... a very emotional phrase like "I love you" was changed through emotion from effective words to a phrase that can be said to a friend... just as a daily word!

so the same thing happens in texting, an emotionless phrase can be said, and can be mistaken into something bigger, and the devil knows how to trick you! after all he's been doing it for thousands of years... and the same goes for chatting online...

so is it a sin? no... just do with caution!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • so superbam ur saying that texting ur crush is not a sin as long as its juss friendly chatting ?

and copt andrew, can u explain a little more?  any more comments feel free to post=)

+mahraeel+
  • im sorry i spelt ur name wrong xD

superman(bam) lol sryy bout that

+mahraeel+
  • o>O coptandrew for some reason i ddint see the hole post.  well im guessin ur friend liked this person from before? as i am asking teh question, i  dont think it is in my right poistion to answer lol.  hopefully soemone will be able to identify the true explanation.  but as i can tell it is not their fault.  but there is a difference b.w that person wanting it to stop and not wanting it stop.  it depends on the person. 

nd no jydeacon, it is not bringing me away from God. 

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7157.msg94731#msg94731 date=1222641418]
    so superbam ur saying that texting ur crush is not a sin as long as its juss friendly chatting ?

and copt andrew, can u explain a little more?  any more comments feel free to post=)

+mahraeel+

lol... no i was talking about texting in general!

when somebody tells me they have a crush... I usually advice with... "crush your crush, before your crush crushes you!"  

it is wrong, to text that person, or talk... or do anything that would inflame that crush! except if you're in your... lets say for the sake of argument, in your twenty one or older years! otherwise don't waste your time!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • oh i c so it is a sin.  cuz sometimes we cant help it?

crush your crush, before your crush crushes you!" 

haha thats soo cutee=)

+mahraeel+
  • self control my dear, self control...

self control is not made for monks alone... but for everyone! control your body, your food, your thoughts... and your atmosphere, and God will work the impossible!

nakhod el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • thanks superman!

anyone elsee>>

+mahraeel+
  • From what I can tell, crushes are purely hormonal, they have no logical or spiritual basis so when you talk to you're crush or even when you're around them, you tend not to be yourself. That problem is made worse by texting, because as superman(bam) said, stuff is often misunderstood in a text message.

I wouldn't call it a sin, but I would refer to the principle St. Paul introduced:
    "All things are lawful but not all things are beneficial."

But then again, there was this girl who started texting me non-stop and I found out from other people that she had a crush on me (because Egyptians can't keep secrets). But the thing was, her constant texting wasn't making me like her like I guess she thought it would, it was just showcasing how obsessed she was. "Feeding" a crush makes a person look desperate and very out of control. Crushes aren't healthy, they're damaging both to you and the person. They're called "CRUSHES" for a reason lol. I reckon "crush your crush" is the best piece of advice here!

Anyways thats wat I think. Hope some of that helped :) God bless!!!

Peace

• thanksss any more commmentsss.....?

+mahraeel+
  • fr Abraham from holmdel told us it is wrong because we could get used to it and the devil could get us with  1 pinch he could destroy we have done in our whole life
    i dont text girls and i am proud of it
  • lol yea that makes sense.  see ur used to that.  i just text everyone in general.. iTs no bigee juss lyke i talk online to everyone, i text everyone. theres no differ. b.w boy nd girl to me. they r all friends..=)

+mahraeel+
  • ya but there could be a little thought in your head from the devil that might attack at ny time
    y do it if it could threaten u if it doesnt make a difference
  • [quote author=anbaabraam link=topic=7157.msg94845#msg94845 date=1222813540]
    ya but there could be a little thought in your head from the devil that might attack at ny time
    y do it if it could threaten u if it doesnt make a difference

Everyone can do what they are comfortable with, if for you, not ever talking to girls keeps you from temptation then great, its just not practical since for the rest of your life you will deal with girls and women. Some can talk to everyone and have no problem. Everyone has there own comfort level.
  • that is true we just need to keep God in front us at all times like when we answer them do the sign of the cross and pray  that the devil may not attack
  • Everyone has there own comfort level.

thats completely true

that is true we just need to keep God in front us at all times like when we answer them do the sign of the cross and pray  that the devil may not attack

lol yea as long as nothing is going on b.w the two texters=)
  • ya nd my parents told me that you could hangout with the friends but in a group not by yourself
    if only trexting was to a group like this chat thing
  • lol yea same wit my parents and i def. agree with that=)

+mahraeel+
  • did u answer the bible questions on the youth corner
  • did u answer the bible questions on the youth corner

lol yea

any more comments anybodyy????

+mahraeel+
  • did u guys give up???

+mahraeel+
  • Well let me say this: my father of confession's main way of communication is texting. Texting in and of itself isn't wrong, it depends on what you are saying and who you are talking to.
  • well. what we meant in our church when were discussing this was: texting your crush but not talking about anything out of the ordinary.  like not flirting. thats wat i meant.  ur juss chatting in a friendly way or juss simply asking quest. about school/church etc...

+mahraeel+
  • I think if it comes to a stage where you are flirting with one another, thats when you "Crush your Crush" unless you are at that stage of thinking about Marriage.
    Like the others said, lol i wasnt much help, just reinforcing what the others said.
    Good Luck and God Bless.
    Christopher.
  • okay wat someone asked in church was texting ur  crush.  But ur not flirting.  Get what im sayong? like ur tlking bout church or annoying each other..like tyhat?

+mahraeel+
  • anybody have any ideass? come people this is spiritual guidance please!! lol thankss

+mahraeel+