Let's just say... what if...

Let's just say... what if... Adam & Eve didn't disobey God and eat from the tree of knowledge.

Where would we all be right now ? What kind of life would we have had - or at least, THEY have had, had they been obedient?

Here are the points I'd like to know:

* If they wouldn't have died, and their bodies not been corrupted, it means they'd have lived until eternity. It means they'd have been in eternal youth - all their lives? Wouldn't it?
* If they would have been eternal in their youth, what would be the effect of them having kids? At what age would the kids stop growing?

How would it work? I mean, we eat, and we grow older. Would this be different in anyway had Adam & Eve not fallen from grace??

It would also mean that the population would be humungous by now , as no one would have died since the time of their birth.

OK. Here's another question:

Let's say adam & eve didn't eat from the tree, but their great great grandchildren did. What would have happened?
What would have happened to Adam & Eve? Would they have been thrown out of the Paradise? Or just their grandchildren??

Thanks

Comments

• I solute you for your questions... very interesting i might say!

to answer your questions a person would have had to be there!
    and lives forever, so that you'd be able to meet him/her!

so to know these answers find that kind of person with at least these characteristics... and when they give you the answer make sure you tell us... because i would really like to know!

but until then worry about your salvation, and what would make you reach that person!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=7078.msg94023#msg94023 date=1219962509]
    I solute you for your questions... very interesting i might say!

to answer your questions a person would have had to be there!
    and lives forever, so that you'd be able to meet him/her!

so to know these answers find that kind of person with at least these characteristics... and when they give you the answer make sure you tell us... because i would really like to know!

but until then worry about your salvation, and what would make you reach that person!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor allah!

lol....great answer!!!!
  • OK. What about the last part of my question:

What if Adam & Eve didn't sin, but their kids did. What would have happened to Adam & Eve?

I guess their kids would have started to feel embarassed that their parents were walking around the house naked, totally oblivious to the culture their kids were part of - no doubt?

• let's just say that...if you asked abouna this question he would tell you that ..God would have had a plan and and wold have delt accordingly.

I asked abouna a lot of 'what if' questions concerning adam and eve when i was like....8 and that was the answer to every single one :]
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=7078.msg94065#msg94065 date=1220234167]
    let's just say that...if you asked abouna this question he would tell you that ..God would have had a plan and and wold have delt accordingly.

I asked abouna a lot of 'what if' questions concerning adam and eve when i was like....8 and that was the answer to every single one :]

Is there any point in asking on tasbeha.org if people tell me :"Go and ask abouna"? What do you think? And if I ask a question, most people tell me "Be concerned with your own salvation" - do you think that this type of response answer my question, or help me in any way??

Like I said, the admins should bring a priest on this website.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7078.msg94072#msg94072 date=1220251706]
    [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=7078.msg94065#msg94065 date=1220234167]
    let's just say that...if you asked abouna this question he would tell you that ..God would have had a plan and and wold have delt accordingly.

Is there any point in asking on tasbeha.org if people tell me :"Go and ask abouna"? What do you think? And if I ask a question, most people tell me "Be concerned with your own salvation" - do you think that this type of response answer my question, or help me in any way??

well since your getting "Be concerned with your own salvation" then that means ppl don't think the question is rit for a public forum where it's best for you to ask privatlly someone. just for ur own sake. and i think it's clear since not much ppl replyed to this post.

Even if so. don't expect a priest to answer every single post you'd post. one mejor reason is because you'd keep arguing with him and then he'll start leaving the post....as many ppl here started doing in odd post titles.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=7078.msg94074#msg94074 date=1220276335]
    well since your getting "Be concerned with your own salvation" then that means ppl don't think the question is rit for a public forum where it's best for you to ask privatlly someone. just for ur own sake. and i think it's clear since not much ppl replyed to this post.

Oh!? Well tell me , why is my question not right for a public forum? What is so wrong about it?

I had the impression most people didn't reply because they didn't know the answer to the question, which is OK. Because I'd not have asked if I knew the answer myself..

Even if so. don't expect a priest to answer every single post you'd post. one mejor reason is because you'd keep arguing with him and then he'll start leaving the post....as many ppl here started doing in odd post titles.

Mina, I think the fact that you've just thrown this post into a dispute shows that you make it into an argument.

Mina, you've done nothing but attack me on here for no reason.

If there was anything in this thread that was incorrect, or out of order to be posted in a public forum, I may have felt - from the embarassement, that you had a point, but I see nothing wrong with my question.

Mina, if i bother you, why don't you go and pick on someone else, and leave me in peace to ask my questions?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7078.msg94072#msg94072 date=1220251706]
    [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=7078.msg94065#msg94065 date=1220234167]

actually, yes i do think that should help you a lot.  I told you exactly what abouna would have told you...i didn't tell you to ask...i told you what he answered me when i asked...

and why are you SOOO concerned witth this that youcan't accept that God would have had a plan for that situation?

what's done is done....so it's not even THAT big of a deal (no, im not saying our history is not important) but what your asking is a WHAT-IF question on something that ALREADY happened.
  • Hi QT_PA_2T

This is a great question, one thats always fascinated me! But like many other similar questions, its one that we simply cannot know for sure. Ultimately because its not for us to know. But we can speculate...

I think you are being too un-imaginitive in your approach to this issue...

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7078.msg94020#msg94020 date=1219949733]
    It would also mean that the population would be humungous by now , as no one would have died since the time of their birth.

See I am one of those people (and I know people hate it when people bring this up) who is not 100% sure about a PHYSICAL Tree of Knowledge and Good & Evil and a PHYSICAL Garden of Eden. Questions like this one make that a very problematic scenario. It seems to me that the story is more of a parable, a very very simple version of the series of events that led to man's downfall. Whether it is meant to be taken literally or as a metaphor to help us understand the basics of what happened I do not even pretend to have the faintest idea. Moses may have recorded it as a physical story, perhaps because that was the only way he could understand what God was trying to tell him.

In the end, the main things we are supposed to understand from it are:

• [li]The human race was created in perfection, but also naivety; without knowledge of what is good and what is evil.[/li]
      [li]Man fell from this glorified state by becoming exposed to this knowledge.[/li]
      [li]Satan had a large part in mans downfall.[/li]
      [li]As a result, we were cursed to inhabit this corrupt Earth, full of pain and suffering.[/li]
    That opens up a whole lot other questions, like If God knew we were going to fall why create us? Why did he leave us open to the Enemy's deception?

But the question you are asking is, what if we didn't fall? Well its so intersting because it looks to me like the situation in Eden was not building up to anything, i.e. we would have stayed in Eden for eternity. But now that we have fallen, Jesus Christ's death has opened up a door into Heaven itself! So what I'm trying to say is, perhaps the fall of man was...worth it. We now face the risk of hell and must stave off depravity everyday, but our ultimate destination is infinitely more desirable.

This really is a very interesting topic!

Anywways that's my opinion! :) God bless all!

Pray for me!

• Hi,

I don't personally believe the Garden of Eden was a parable. If that was a parable, then what else in the Bible is also a parable? Maybe Abraham didn't exist? Maybe the red sea splitting was just a parable??

I believe these things happened. The only thing I think is the time it took for the creation may be not 7 days in our Julien Calander, but 7 days in God's calendar. If you see what I mean?

But here's how I see it, after much time in reflection about this issue:

If Adam & Eve's kid's ate from the tree of knowledge, and NOT adam & eve themselves, then their kids would have perished. That entire lineage would have perished. That's it. They'd have died.

WHat I cannot understand is this: what is so bad about knowledge, and that by eating from its fruit leads to death!?? I mean, its only a tree for crying out loud!!
  • the knowledge is to know evil. And you know it by disobeying God and eating the tree.
  • While eating from the tree is to know evil it is also to know good. The main attribute of the tree is not to teach people either good or evil, but to to give them a sense of which is which.

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7078.msg94116#msg94116 date=1220427708]
    WHat I cannot understand is this: what is so bad about knowledge, and that by eating from its fruit leads to death!?? I mean, its only a tree for crying out loud!!

The thing is, if you know what is good and what is evil, you can willingly commit evil. If you do not know what sin is, how can you sin? You might do something wrong but only in ignorance. Ultimately, the eating of the fruit of the tree signified a loss of innocence which is what made it so bad. The ability to commit evil in full knowledge that it was wrong.

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7078.msg94116#msg94116 date=1220427708]
    I don't personally believe the Garden of Eden was a parable. If that was a parable, then what else in the Bible is also a parable? Maybe Abraham didn't exist? Maybe the red sea splitting was just a parable??

Parable is a bad choice of words, I don't mean parable as in Jesus' type of parable. What I mean to say is, the series of events described in Genesis may not have denoted physical events, at least not physical in the way that we know it. I mean think about it, the eating of the apple was a spiritual crime, it cursed the entire race the way physically eating an apple could never do. The story is a one of spiritual happenings. So does it not make sense to think that Adam and Eve's existence in Paradise was not strictly physical, but spiritual to large degree also? We can all agree some massive changes occurred when Adam and Eve ate of the Tree, so the kind of existence they had before that is pretty much a mystery to us. Perhaps something that our limited  minds just can't grasp. That's all I mean.

Of course in the end its important to remember that this is stuff we can never know and never need to know. It doesn't affect the nature of our faith in the slightest.

God bless all and pray for me! :)