What have you done google. I used to love you more than now.

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I used to be able to find exact phrases. Like if I wanted to find the exact words in a site "I love paper"  I would type I love paper in quotes i.e "I love paper" and it would give me sites that have the exact words I love paper in it. Now I can not do this and it would help if I could so I can do research for my assignments.

Comments

• ...um using quotations in Google still works...
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=7062.msg93925#msg93925 date=1219474229]
    ...um using quotations in Google still works...

Agreed.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=7062.msg93927#msg93927 date=1219477379]
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q="using+quotations+in+Google+still+works"&meta=

Didn't find this post in tasbeha.org

Care to give an explanation?

Sure, Google hasn't cached the page yet because it was just created. Try this in a week and let me know the results.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=7062.msg93928#msg93928 date=1219478234]
    [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=7062.msg93927#msg93927 date=1219477379]
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q="using+quotations+in+Google+still+works"&meta=

Didn't find this post in tasbeha.org

Care to give an explanation?

Sure, Google hasn't cached the page yet because it was just created. Try this in a week and let me know the results.

Agreed.
  • lol okay. If I try it and it doesn't work I will get back to you. I tried "how are you" and I got good results so I kinda believe you now.

• I clicked the link about 5 seconds ago and it worked...
  • Agreed    (lol)
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=7062.msg93924#msg93924 date=1219473520]
    I used to be able to find exact phrases. Like if I wanted to find the exact words in a site "I love paper"  I would type I love paper in quotes i.e "I love paper" and it would give me sites that have the exact words I love paper in it. Now I can not do this and it would help if I could so I can do research for my assignments.

Mike, if I had written this topic, Maged the admin would have removed my account and then sent a letter asking or insisting that the CoC excommunicate me.

If there was a prison sentence at his disposal, he'd have sent me to jail had I opened a topic as random as this.

How is it you can do this and get away with it, and yet when I ask a topic, although random, its still relevant to the Christian faith??? ARe u related to Maged?
  • haha be quiet and I might still get away with it.

seriously though I was benefited by this post.
  • Mike, u are related to Maged. U were the one that wanted to know whether it was OK to cross the road without using the zebra crossing. Everyone answered ur questions. Yet when I post something that is biblical in nature, everyone jumps at me.

Well, tough fallafel for me.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7062.msg93967#msg93967 date=1219690017]
    Mike, u are related to Maged. U were the one that wanted to know whether it was OK to cross the road without using the zebra crossing. Everyone answered ur questions. Yet when I post something that is biblical in nature, everyone jumps at me.

Well, tough fallafel for me.

Perhaps you should take a few days off...that can't be very healthy for you.
  • Hi Severus,

Who were u talking to?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7062.msg93969#msg93969 date=1219691735]
    Hi Severus,

Who were u talking to?

You! Don't be so defensive :)
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=7062.msg93970#msg93970 date=1219692355]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7062.msg93969#msg93969 date=1219691735]
    Hi Severus,

Who were u talking to?

You! Don't be so defensive :)

Me!!!!

Don't be so politically correct and decadent.
  • (o.0)º Decadent!? How is he being decadent?

Decadent - a person who has fallen into a decadent state (morally or artistically)
    # marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay; "a decadent life of excessive money and no sense of responsibility"; "a group of effete self-professed intellectuals"
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=7062.msg93973#msg93973 date=1219693274]
    (o.0)º Decadent!? How is he being decadent?

Decadent - a person who has fallen into a decadent state (morally or artistically)
    # marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay; "a decadent life of excessive money and no sense of responsibility"; "a group of effete self-professed intellectuals"

Yes . I know. He wasn't even being politically correct. But I wasn't being defensive either, so I thought I'd just say that as well.

How serious a topic is this for me to be defensive over?? I'm not the owner of this thread?? If I was, I'd be praying that Maged doesn't see it.
  • Why pray Maged doesn't see it? This is the Random Issues forum afterall....
  • The diffrence is some "Random Issues" or posts are answered by users.....and then the "starter of the post", not this post put SOME ONE ELSE, is still very stubborn to just accept the answer of the issue, question....etc, that was just porved by many users!!!!

i guess that might clarify some things. also don't forget, there is always that "Report to moderator" link after every reply that lets the admin to concentrate on that specific reply of a user.
  • lol guys ur funny...

hmm search engines used to be more efficient i agree..i think it is because some commercial websites do things so that whatever you type in, it would still come up on the list..nothing is fair these days. you wanna research for an assignment? well thats annoying when you waste about half an hour just trying to find a website and you havent even started ur assignment yet. good luck!