I feel very alone....

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I feel so alone. I feel like no one is with me in doing God's work. Everyone around uses profanity and does not show any sign of virtue. I don't see any future for myself. I would not want to get married and have kids in a world like this. I feel like there is no purpose for my life. Whenever I try to talk to someone about God's commandments, they show me that they are not interested. I feel like there is no purpose for my existance. I have been suffering from many things and I feel like no one cares that I'm suffering. I feel that nobody even cares that I exist. Nobody from the church asks about me or tries to help me. For years, I have been praying that I die. In fact, I feel that almost none of my prayers are answered. And when I read the bible, I don't feel like I'm getting any message. Even my father of confession doesn't really give me any attention. All my confessions last two minutes. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel.....so alone.

Comments

• We are here for you on Tasbeha if you need anything just ask. Try to build  a relationship with your father of confession and your parents.
    God cares about you dont worry He hasnt forgotten you.
    Here are some verses:
    Psalm 42:9-11

9 I will say to God my Rock,
            “Why have You forgotten me?
            Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
    10 As with a breaking of my bones,
            My enemies reproach me,
            While they say to me all day long,
            “Where is your God?”

11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
            And why are you disquieted within me?
            Hope in God;
            For I shall yet praise Him,
            The help of my countenance and my God.

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
    -John 15:18-19

God bless you. I will be sure to pray for you.
  • So... pray and
    Ask God to enlarge your heart
    Ask Him to protect you from the enemies
    Ask Him to reveal to you His purpose in your life
    Ask Him to pour down His Holy Spirit like living water
    Ask Him to grant you knowledge and understanding of His words
    And when you lose all courage...Recognize someone who is greater than you is working everything out and remember that God is just a prayer away

Read the rest of this article:http://www.suscopts.org/resources/literature/565/the-lord-jesus-in-our-hearts/
  • I feel so alone. I feel like no one is with me in doing God's work.

don't worry about others as long as you're doing whats right

Everyone around uses profanity and does not show any sign of virtue.

that's not for you to judge... worry about yourself and only that!

I don't see any future for myself.

make a future then! work hard on having a good future

I would not want to get married and have kids in a world like this.

I hear ya! but what are you gonna do be the light, and teach your children to be the light, and you might make a change in this world

I feel like there is no purpose for my life. Whenever I try to talk to someone about God's commandments, they show me that they are not interested.

then don't... the least working form of preaching now a days, is sermons... preach by actions, its much better, and more profitable for both ends

I feel like there is no purpose for my existance.

ask God to show you your purpose... but for right now, I'm sure your main purpose is to live close to God.

I have been suffering from many things and I feel like no one cares that I'm suffering. I feel that nobody even cares that I exist

I care, that's why I'm responding! you might  not know, but many people care!

Nobody from the church asks about me or tries to help me.

well welcome to my life... so maybe you should try to overcome that weakness in the church, by you starting a reach out program in your church!

For years, I have been praying that I die. In fact, I feel that almost none of my prayers are answered.

umm, if you pray that you die, and its not time for it yet, then your prayer will go unanswered... prayers are answered in the right time, for your best, and for God's plan!

And when I read the bible, I don't feel like I'm getting any message.

keep reading... its homework, sometimes you don't understand everything in your homework, but you gotta do it! and maybe you don't understand, but the devil does... and he will not mess with you as long as you do it!  keep reading and you will get the message... but be organized under the supervision of your father of confession

Even my father of confession doesn't really give me any attention.

why would he?! if you want him, you talk to him... if you don't feel like he's doing his job seek a different one... or you could just talk to him about what bothers you about him! don't worry about his feelings... worry about your salvation!

All my confessions last two minutes.

wow you must be a saint! lol mine go for like two hours... literally! lol... maybe because i sin too much! well what i do in confession is I open up, I tell him EVERYTHING... try that!

Does anyone else feel this way?

I do! but I've learned to overcome it!

I feel.....so alone.

still?!
  • Wow. I have felt the EXACT way. But I have been supported over the years by others. I felt noone cared for me (just one feeling you had.. infact I have had all your feelings) before I believed that Jesus cared for me.

Jesus said if they did not receive my words neither will they receive yours. So that might be the case with you. You could choose to go my way and avoid service completely (I have my own reasons.. its not that the people won't receive me.. it was before.. now I think they will.. just I am still afraid and will have nothing to say) but that will be destructive to you. Jeremiah the prophet felt the same way as you and moses too. But the bible says let not many become teachers, for they will receive a greater judgment. But if you always have your eye on God and study His word and follow the spirit of the desert fathers you don't have to be among those who are judged. Those who teach and do not look at the plank in their own eye might be one reason they are judged.

But to everything there is a season. A time to talk and a time to be silent. I am saying this because I agree with SuperMAN. Because preaching by our actions might be whats needed.

Jesus came to give you life and life abundantly. And He came to give you living water and the gift of the Holy Spirit which you have from the holy myron. He is always there to comfort you as you pray to Him and even wherever you go He will guide you if you seek Him. He said "Do not be afraid" , "In the world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer I have overcome the world" and He said "I will never leave you or forsake you"

We are meant to live as strangers and pilgrims on this earth. Knowing that this is not our home. Because this world is based on lust, and the pride of life. And jesus said "Blessed are those who thirst after righteousness" heaven is a place where righteousness is and joy is perfected. But as someone said you are to be the light of the world. And you should fellowship with others who also have the same interests as you.

Job in the book of Job prayed for his death also. But this was not right. I have done it many times too and God is grieved by this.

I care very much that you exist. And others better also lest they have to give account. But sometimes we just do not know how to show we love someone and time is too short to prove it seems sometimes and people trying to solve their own problems. I am saying this because I am afraid that could be the case with me. For I will have to give account for not caring for others and speaking with my mouth and confident of my virtue without proving by action.

Hebrews 11:13 (New King James Version)
    The Heavenly Hope
    13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them,[a] embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb. 11:13&version=50

Sorry if I didn't help

• [quote author=dumdumy link=topic=6958.msg93083#msg93083 date=1216427410]
    I feel so alone. I feel like no one is with me in doing God's work. Everyone around uses profanity and does not show any sign of virtue. I don't see any future for myself. I would not want to get married and have kids in a world like this. I feel like there is no purpose for my life. Whenever I try to talk to someone about God's commandments, they show me that they are not interested. I feel like there is no purpose for my existance. I have been suffering from many things and I feel like no one cares that I'm suffering. I feel that nobody even cares that I exist. Nobody from the church asks about me or tries to help me. For years, I have been praying that I die. In fact, I feel that almost none of my prayers are answered. And when I read the bible, I don't feel like I'm getting any message. Even my father of confession doesn't really give me any attention. All my confessions last two minutes. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel.....so alone.

Do u have a Christian community that u are part of? Fellowship is so important if u strive to lead a Christian life.
  • I know we hear this a lot, which is maybe why this has lost its effect, but there's one thing you need to realize very well and then all troubles will fade away: GOD LOVES YOU !!!

You're his son/daughter whom He created, He knows you inside out, He knows the amount of hairs on your head, He cares for you, your name is written in his palm, He doesn't forget or neglect you, He loves you so much that He didn't mind humbling Himself and coming down on earth to live a simple life, while He was king of kings. He didn't mind being tortured, spat on, hit, disrespected, and crucified, He didn't mind, because He was doing it for you, His beloved daughter...

You're definitely not alone in feeling alone, because I think many of us do...
    But the key is to always focus on God, when Peter was focusing on Jesus, he was walking on water, even with the waves of the world around him, but once he lost focus, he started to drown. Trust that when you're holding God's hands, nothing can touch you.

You just focus on God, and He will provide your every need, let Him take the wheel in your life, put your heart in His hand, and He will guide you to the best life you can have...

So even if the people around you aren't what you would want, don't worry about that, but rejoice in your relationship with God, He always gives and loves with abundance, God by Himself is more than enough for anyone...
    But don't look at life with dark glasses, many people care for you, they might not know how to show it, I know I'm guilty of that... But I hope this post shows you I care for you..

God Bless
    Please pray for me

• Thanks guys, I do feel  better after reading this knowing that there are other people suffering and that there are people who think that my suffering does not go unnoticed by God. I found all of your advice very touching except SuperMAN's and QT_PA_2T. I found there advice to be quite patronizing and quite ignorant of what I wrote. Please keep me in your prayers and matanias.
  • http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/ja/ja_11.htm

Let not many become teachers. I don't want to have led you astray. Still it might be for you but it is a dangerous matter..so you have to find out.

You are never alone, God never forsakes his children. If even your own father of confession ignores you, the King of Kings still wont ignore you. He listens to your every word and your every cry, He knows how many tears youve ever cried, and knows the number of hairs on your head, and has never once left your side even for a second. If people hate you, be happy, because they hated Him first.

"i dont see any future for myself". Remember that Jesus alone is our goal and pleasure.

"I would not want to get married and have kids in a world like this." Unless they see this world, they wont get a chance to see God in all his glory, and believe me, suffering on earth is definetly worth it if the result is to live with God in heaven.

"I feel like there is no purpose for my existance." God has a purpose for you, pray and ask him to reveal it to you. But pray patiently, dont try to rush God, he knows when the time is right, not you. Trust in God, and he will work wonders.

"I feel that almost none of my prayers are answered." God hears all prayers and has an answer for all of them, just because the answer is not what you wanted does not mean he hasnt answered them. God has 3 answers for prayers, #1 Yes #2 No #3 Wait. In many cases the answer is #3, and thats because he has something special in store for you.

God Bless you, keep praying because hes always listening.
  • dumdumy,
    you weren't at all helped by Superman's post? I found his post quite caring, helpful, and inspiring...

Maybe you should reread it?

Anyways, I just read a beautiful passage from the Bible earlier today, which is quite comforting..

Isaiah 41:9-10
    9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
          And called from its farthest regions,
          And said to you,

‘ You are My servant,
          I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
          10 Fear not, for I am with you;
          Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
          I will strengthen you,
          Yes, I will help you,
          I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

and

Isaiah 43:1-5
    But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob,
          And He who formed you, O Israel:

“ Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
          I have called you by your name;
          You are Mine.
          2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
          And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
          When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
          Nor shall the flame scorch you.
          3 For I am the LORD your God,
          The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
          I gave Egypt for your ransom,
          Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
          4 Since you were precious in My sight,
          You have been honored,
          And I have loved you;
          Therefore I will give men for you,
          And people for your life.
          5 Fear not, for I am with you;
          I will bring your descendants from the east,
          And gather you from the west;

and finally
    Isaiah 44:21-22
    21 “ Remember these, O Jacob,
          And Israel, for you are My servant;
          I have formed you, you are My servant;
          O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me!
          22 I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions,
          And like a cloud, your sins.
          Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”

I feel so alone. I feel like no one is with me in doing God's work. Everyone around uses profanity and does not show any sign of virtue.

I can so sympathise with that bro! Some of my friends love to swear every second word and are too immature or insecure to see what's wrong with that. But they're not bad people, I think they're just trying to fit in, the wrong way. I'm dying for the day when they realise that they're sucking up to the wrong people. But until then, I focus my relationship with them around the stuff that's good about them, and one day, it'll get through to them.

It's obvious that regardless of whatever some of the other posts made you feel like, everyone who has posted so far(including me) cares about you. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of people at your church do too ;). Especially your confession father, you should open up to him and tell him how you're feeling; you wouldn't regret it. You probably get the feeling that he doesn't care because he doesn't know that anythings wrong.

In the end, all Christians have to stick together, so just remember as long as you are a Christian, you are part of a fellowship.

God Bless!

• Read 1 corinthians 12

You are not alone!

2Peter 2:5-9 tells of Gods deliverance of the righteous from wicked lands, peoples:

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filty conversation
                      of the wicked.
                      (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing
                      and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to
                      day with their unlawful deeds;)

HH Pope Shenouda III has online books that are full of good teachings and comfort. The one entitled 'Diabolical Wars' might help u in this struggle.

God bless u
  • Actually when I moved into a new church I felt the same way. Even when the pope came no one bothered to leave me an e-mail! But I found this one guy who was popular, charming, and very well liked; yet devoted his every time to me and I could definitely see Christ in him. He could hang out with anyone he desired, yet always chose the ones that needed him the most.

Anything you do, you do for God. When you see something is wrong or help someone out, you do that act of kindness because you love God. Eventually others will see your works and pick up on your good habits. Remember when Jesus stood alone on the cross, he did that out of love for us. Carry your cross and always remember everything you do does not go unnoticed by God. Do it for him.

God Bless
  • I totally understand what you are going through... you can count on it that I will pray for you. Concerning your problem about your father of confesion not paying attention to you... I am with you there. That is why I am thinking of changing my father of confession.

The first time I changed my father of confession was because I asked him if I can say something during Easter and he refused and gave it to his son instead. The second time I changed my FOC was because he passed away and I felt that he was the only one who understood me... my confessions would last for God know how long... and I would feel that I really got my sins forgiven and really obtained some valuable advise. Now that he is gone, I sure miss him, his advice, and the way he would listen to me during confessions like I was the only one in his world. Now, my FOC just sits there and doesn't offer any advise and always says the same three things (fast, pray, and read the bible); I am not saying this is not bad advise but I feel that it is advise that he tells anyone who confesses to him. I know you're thinking that I am the type of person who flakes out whenever I face problems but I would like to know how I would go about changing my FOC? Do I tell my current FOC that I would like to change him (it would hurt his feelings), or do I just stop confessing to him and confess to another FOC; what do I say if he asks me how long I have confessed?
  • Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
    Deuteronomy 31:5-7

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.
    Joshua 1:4-6

I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
    John 14:17-19

Isaiah 49:14-16 (New King James Version) God Will Remember Zion

14 But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me,
          And my Lord has forgotten me.”
          15 “ Can a woman forget her nursing child,
          And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
          Surely they may forget,
          Yet I will not forget you.

16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
          Your walls are continually before Me.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=6958.msg93309#msg93309 date=1217220666]
    I totally understand what you are going through... you can count on it that I will pray for you. Concerning your problem about your father of confesion not paying attention to you... I am with you there. That is why I am thinking of changing my father of confession.

The first time I changed my father of confession was because I asked him if I can say something during Easter and he refused and gave it to his son instead. The second time I changed my FOC was because he passed away and I felt that he was the only one who understood me... my confessions would last for God know how long... and I would feel that I really got my sins forgiven and really obtained some valuable advise. Now that he is gone, I sure miss him, his advice, and the way he would listen to me during confessions like I was the only one in his world. Now, my FOC just sits there and doesn't offer any advise and always says the same three things (fast, pray, and read the bible); I am not saying this is not bad advise but I feel that it is advise that he tells anyone who confesses to him. I know you're thinking that I am the type of person who flakes out whenever I face problems but I would like to know how I would go about changing my FOC? Do I tell my current FOC that I would like to change him (it would hurt his feelings), or do I just stop confessing to him and confess to another FOC; what do I say if he asks me how long I have confessed?

go to another Abouna, and ask Him what you should do....../  and did you actually try PRAYING FASTINg AND READING THE BIBLE.... cause if you take this advice seriously, you might actually get rid of you problems...
  • Perhaps I will not say as much as they did, but i have a word to say :

you are just looking at the people side that you can't find anyone beside you .. but don't feel or think like this ... be back to your God and you will not feel alone anymore ...

Just don't forget that God himself was alone when He accepts the cross .. but when you will accept your cross you will not be alone .. because he will be with you ...

God bless you man

Thanks ...

Shady