when we make the sign of the cross

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
what happens when i do it i feel this peace in my heart. what happens is there a blessing or anything anybody with info please please please fill me in thank you god bless all of you

Comments

• bigee i think it is your feeling so you should ask inside yourself about it. of course when we pray, when we make sign of the cross there is peace, hope and love of God given to us. thats what i think.
  • The devil runs from the sign of the cross. Evil flees, peace stay's.
  • you know i was giving a lesson the other day about prayer... so I approached it as a phone call... so somebody asked me whats God's phone number... and through the holy spirit... my answer was, " God's phone number is (in the name of the father) the son - the holy spirit one God... and "amen" is the "talk" button!

so you were in a relationship, as you mentioned in some posts... how did you feel when you were on the phone with that girl?! you felt calm... you felt love and etc... and that's from a human... so Imagine if you can call God Himself... not just a fellow human... but the Almighty God!!!

so when you do the sign of the cross, you're on the line with God... no evil can hurt you, and you'll feel the ultimate love... the ultimate comfort! as if you are in the presence of God Himself!
  • I always like to think of the sign of the cross as a source of power - the cross our Lord used to trample death. As everyone else has said the devil can't stand the cross, he flees from it! A word of advice I got from a bishop once was whenever things start overwhelming you, hold onto a cross or sign the cross - because the cross is what gives us authority over Satan and all temptation.

I've always assumed this is why Abouna crosses himself and the congregation when he prays the Prayer of Thanksgiving ("take them away from us, and from Your people...") - can anyone confirm or refute this?

And superMAN, I really like that analogy of the phonecall :P