sex with a condom

2»

Comments

• Condoms and contraception, I believe, has much in every way to be responsible for the decline of chastity in the West. When the Church of England gathered together to see if they should reverse the policy of "no contraceptives in marriage", a bishop prophesied that it will isolate the purpose of procreation from the eros love, and hence sexual intercourse will become solely pleasure seeking. Indeed prophetic.
  • The thing is : not all people share our beliefs...

If condoms weren't easily available, that wouldn't result in less people having premarital sex, it would simply result in more unwanted pregnancies and thus abortions and more STD's.

For people who believe premarital sex is wrong, the presence of condoms won't (at least if they truly believe and have strong will) be a motivation for them to sin.

I think it's very important that contracetpives and condoms are available, because we can't stop people from commiting the sin, but we can limit the terrible consequences...

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6537.msg92580#msg92580 date=1215780607]
    Condoms and contraception, I believe, has much in every way to be responsible for the decline of chastity in the West. When the Church of England gathered together to see if they should reverse the policy of "no contraceptives in marriage", a bishop prophesied that it will isolate the purpose of procreation from the eros love, and hence sexual intercourse will become solely pleasure seeking. Indeed prophetic.

Abortions in the US and UK are on the rise. France hits around 250,000 abortions a year (continuous).

We are truly in moral decline. I think God will judge us on how silent we were when we see things like this happening, and we keep silent.
  • Well, we can't force people to believe what we believe in, we can only try to be good ambassadors to Christ by our deeds and words (if possible). And most importantly we can pray, so how can you say: keep silent (are prayers worth nothing???).

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6537.msg92583#msg92583 date=1215781127]
    Well, we can't force people to believe what we believe in, we can only try to be good ambassadors to Christ by our deeds and words (if possible). And most importantly we can pray, so how can you say: keep silent (are prayers worth nothing???).

God Bless
    Please pray for me

No I believe that God requires action. Read James 2. or 3? Faith with acts are dead.
    We should be evangelising the importance of chastity to our younger generations whether at Church, school, or in the community. Somehow!

I mean, praying for them good. Don't get me wrong... but, talking to them is better.

U cannot believe how much people are lost. And in that state, they suffer. I mean, I'm not interested in searching for lost sheep because they are lost, but because in that state, they are suffering. All they have is the bombardment of western non Christian ideology giving them a false sense of freedom.  We need to be voice of reason, and an alternative they hear before making decisions on chastity, abortion, and sex in general.

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6537.msg92584#msg92584 date=1215782147]
    [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6537.msg92583#msg92583 date=1215781127]
    Well, we can't force people to believe what we believe in, we can only try to be good ambassadors to Christ by our deeds and words (if possible). And most importantly we can pray, so how can you say: keep silent (are prayers worth nothing???).

God Bless
    Please pray for me

No I believe that God requires action. Read James 2. or 3? Faith with acts are dead.
    We should be evangelising the importance of chastity to our younger generations whether at Church, school, or in the community. Somehow!

I mean, praying for them good. Don't get me wrong... but, talking to them is better.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you in two things:

Prayer IS action
    Talking to them ISN'T better than prayers,

as I said in my post we should try to be ambassadors to Christ (by evangelizing) through deeds (let them see your good deeds and praise your father who is in heaven) and by words (if possible), but us talking can only do so much...it's not better than prayers, rather it should always be accompanied by prayers

I mean if you go to a western person who doesn't believe in God and thinks the church is an antisemitic, corrupt, moneymaking institution (understandibly considering some periods of the past of the catholic church..) then I doubt you will have any effect on them if you go and tell them : Your fornications is a big sin, you shouldn't do it..

Look at St. Augustine (one of my favourite saints). His mother spent years BEING A GOOD AMBASSADOR TO CHRIST IN WORD AND DEED, but most importantly SHE PRAYED with tears, which is why he is sometimes called son of tears... And eventually God touched his heart and this 'pagan' became a great saint... it wasn't because of what his mother said or did but because of her prayers...

God Bless
    Please pray for me

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6537.msg92530#msg92530 date=1215702552]

The only thing they seem to be worried about is - if u praise God and u don't sing or pray in silly languages such as "shalallalalala" - then u are not saved.

WHy do u think I am Coptic Orthodox? Despite the Coptic language problems, despite people swearing at me during tasbeha, despite the insults I get from tasbeha.org people... despite all of these things.. I am happy to be Coptic.

somebody is a bit angry
  • If I was starving and poor, and homeless in the street, and you asked me "what's wrong?"... and I told u: "Oh! I need something to eat , otherwise I'll die". If you said "OK. I'll pray for you" - do u think this will do me any good?

Is prayer action?

Praying is talking to God. I believe prayer is powerful because u invite God into the problem. So, how it should work is this: Before we give (or do any charitable act), we should pray - so that whatever we give or do, God blesses it.

So, the TWO are important. If I give without praying, or do anything without praying, it may result in more problems than it does solve problems. But, if i do nothing BUT pray and give nothing to someone who asks me, then I'm not obeying Christ's commandments who said :"Give to those that ask u".

Christ asked us to preach His death and resurrection. So, testifying or evangelising this to others is an act. Its clear.
    We have a duty to preach His Death.

Those are my thoughts.. perhaps others would like to comment. But, i think we need to pray before we act. But, the idea is to act.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6537.msg92587#msg92587 date=1215783863]
    If I was starving and poor, and homeless in the street, and you asked me "what's wrong?"... and I told u: "Oh! I need something to eat , otherwise I'll die". If you said "OK. I'll pray for you" - do u think this will do me any good?

Is prayer action?

Praying is talking to God. I believe prayer is powerful because u invite God into the problem. So, how it should work is this: Before we give (or do any charitable act), we should pray - so that whatever we give or do, God blesses it.

So, the TWO are important. If I give without praying, or do anything without praying, it may result in more problems than it does solve problems. But, if i do nothing BUT pray and give nothing to someone who asks me, then I'm not obeying Christ's commandments who said :"Give to those that ask u".

Christ asked us to preach His death and resurrection. So, testifying or evangelising this to others is an act. Its clear.
    We have a duty to preach His Death.

Those are my thoughts.. perhaps others would like to comment. But, i think we need to pray before we act. But, the idea is to act.

I never said prayer on itself is always sufficient, but it's the most important thing, during Holy Lent, it is said by fasting and PRAYER you can do.... so many things !!

But if someone were to ask me for food, and I didn't have any food to give them, then prayer would be enough yes.

If I see a person living in sin, someone who doesn't know God, and they won't listen to me evangilizing then I would continue praying for that person, and yes prayer IS action...
    and through it mountains have been moved, people have been turned from evil to good and so much more... It's not just a thing you do on the side to involve God... it's the main thing, for we can't do anything without God...

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6537.msg92588#msg92588 date=1215784220]

If I see a person living in sin, someone who doesn't know God, and they won't listen to me evangilizing then I would continue praying for that person, and yes prayer IS action...

Yes, that's a good point. But I believe the action would be your action by not living in sin. This is a greater act than praying, and through your actions, they will see that they have been hurting themselves through sin.

OK.. u know what?We both agree that prayer is important.
    Do u also agree that prayer with acts is just as important?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6537.msg92589#msg92589 date=1215784649]
    [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6537.msg92588#msg92588 date=1215784220]

Yes, that's a good point. But I believe the action would be your action by not living in sin. This is a greater act than praying, and through your actions, they will see that they have been hurting themselves through sin.

OK.. u know what?We both agree that prayer is important.
    Do u also agree that prayer with acts is just as important?

Yes of course. (when we can act, then we should definitly do so... accompanied by prayer)

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • i know that in egypt married couple, after the women born already 'enough' children, can use condom or pills. and of course it is not even comparable that to make an abortion, i think.