University

edited November 2008 in Personal Issues
Hello.

Comments

• first of all, Univeristy is hard for many people not just you. University students are put under stressfull situations and are expected to pass. It is true that many get kicked out, but i find that the reason they get kicked out is because they choose to party more than study. If that is the case they really shouldnt be in univeristy in the first place.

You said yourself your not sure if you are putting enough effort. I guarentee you if you do put the required effort, and pray daily, there is NO WAY you will not be able to complete university. You have to ask yourself, do you really want this? Engineering is very difficult, and only those who put significant effort are successful in completing their degree. My cousin is a chiropracter now and he told me in university, for some coarses his prof could barely speak english.. So everything he heard in the lecture made no sense at the end of the day. But he got a tutor, and easily completed the coarse. Ofcourse he had to study very hard, but in the end it was definetly worth it. He is very successful now, and is making very good money.

You need to stop thinking negatively. The devils main goal is to bring you down, to put u under so much pressure that you eventually commit suicide. DONT EVER let this happen. You must remember that you are in a spiritual warfare with the satan, and you must fight him with prayer daily. From wut it sounds like, you dont pray that often and if you do, your prayer is more about repetition than meaning. Dont be fooled again, prayer is our strongest weapon against the devil, he knows it, God knows, your the only one who doesnt know it. So i suggest you start really praying, and i guarenteeeeeeeeeeeee you will see a change. I also suggest to speak with your father of confession. God Bless. And dont be afraid of anything. The Lord will never leave your side.
  • first of all, Univeristy is hard for many people not just you. University students are put under stressfull situations and are expected to pass. It is true that many get kicked out, but i find that the reason they get kicked out is because they choose to party more than study. If that is the case they really shouldnt be in univeristy in the first place.

You said yourself your not sure if you are putting enough effort. I guarentee you if you do put the required effort, and pray daily, there is NO WAY you will not be able to complete university. You have to ask yourself, do you really want this? Engineering is very difficult, and only those who put significant effort are successful in completing their degree. My cousin is a chiropracter now and he told me in university, for some coarses his prof could barely speak english.. So everything he heard in the lecture made no sense at the end of the day. But he got a tutor, and easily completed the coarse. Ofcourse he had to study very hard, but in the end it was definetly worth it. He is very successful now, and is making very good money.

You need to stop thinking negatively. The devils main goal is to bring you down, to put u under so much pressure that you eventually commit suicide. DONT EVER let this happen. You must remember that you are in a spiritual warfare with the satan, and you must fight him with prayer daily. From wut it sounds like, you dont pray that often and if you do, your prayer is more about repetition than meaning. Dont be fooled again, prayer is our strongest weapon against the devil, he knows it, God knows, your the only one who doesnt know it. So i suggest you start really praying, and i guarenteeeeeeeeeeeee you will see a change. I also suggest to speak with your father of confession. God Bless. And dont be afraid of anything. The Lord will never leave your side.

i couldnt have worded it better than Meena_Ameen.

God help u mikeforjesus,

Pray for my weakness,
    Coptic Youth
  • Pray... and Ask for the intersecions of your Shafee3, Pope Kyrollos the 6th, St.Mary, and Anba Karas...  it will work wonders with you...
  • I am going to go a little of topic but I think it belongs. What’s wrong with super senior standing, anyway? What I mean is for the majority of females after they obtain the BA or BS they more then likely will never end up using it. Sure they will have the satisfaction of getting it but people seem to make it clear that it want be usable.
    Personally I'm about 9 classes away from a BA but I get the felling that it would be a mistake to complete. At first I was just going to complete it to prove the point "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". I am 23 now luckily, but when I was 18 I had to have some pretty serious brain surgery that would've probably killed me. Before the surgery I was going to school and after the surgery, by the grace of God I still kept going. That is why I chose to keep my super senior standing. :)
  • Yea, MikeforJesus, I agree with Meena_Ameen. That devil is always looking for ways to make our lives miserable.
    Fast and pray. God will show you the way. God has a perfect plan for your life as well. Lot's of times we miss out following our own will instead of Gods.
    I agree with Ibotros also. We will stress ourselves to get BA's or BS's and then the employer will say they need employees with MA or PhD.
    Anyway, just do your best, that's all we can do.

God bless you
  • what brought marrying or monasticism into the subjet? even if you want to be a monk you have to be graduated and qualified..and you sound extremely terrified..i think you need professional help..i mean someone you can trust and who is older than you and understanding so they can help you..calm down because it is not good to freak out like this IT WILL DO YOU NO GOOD. God be with you
  • Hello.Do not be concerned about me.. I am not really suicidal that much.. I exagerrated to make a point which I probably should not have posted.
  • Hello mikeforjesus,

the feeling of not wanting to live anymore or just being tired of it all is a feeling we all can have sometimes, especially for those of us who are attending university.
    You're not at school anymore, you go through a big change and you have to change a lot about your study method and such. My point is it's a difficult time and sometimes it can get too much and you can feel like you don't know wht to do anymore...

I think the best thing to do is to take some time off with yourself and most importantly with God. Read the Bible and you will hear God's voice... Pray and you will feel your loving Father whispering words of comfort in your ear. He loves you so much and sees what your going through, the only thing you have to do is ask for help and He will fulfill His promise and help you. God is very near to you, He knows you and knows what you can handle and He would never let you go through something that you can't handle with His help!
    Believe me, prayer can literally do wonders, you're not talking to just anyone, you're talking to God, the good shephard, the loving and kind father, but also the Lord Almighty, the King of Kings for whom NOTHING is impossible. He will never leave you nor forsake you. That's what He promised because He loves us...

You mentioned you didn't speak to abouna yet, but this might be very helpful, sometimes a priest can point something out for you that you might not have thought of....

May the Lord touch your heart and grant you peace such as only He can give with the prayers of the theotokos St Mary, Pope Kyrillos, Marmina and all the saints...