When would be a good age to think about marriage.

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
What is the best age to start thinking about marriage.

Comments

• i would say 25 +
    yet again.. i am 15, so i shouldn't have a say in on this....
  • Where i live, people are limited and i really cannot find anyone in which i would want to marry. I am really worried. Pray for me.
  • Id say 25 as well.. thats when im planning to get married
  • [quote author=Godislove. link=topic=6739.msg90444#msg90444 date=1213245848]
    Where i live, people are limited and i really cannot find anyone in which i would want to marry. I am really worried. Pray for me.

don't worry, God will send the right partner in due time, you might look for years and not find that "one from God" and you might look in 2 days.... it is all GOD and He knows the best for you
  • all you have to do is pray, I was listening to a sermon by father anthony messeh and he said, you must be married to Christ before you are married to another person. Build a strong relationship with the Lord, ask the Lord to become closer to him, and He will find you the perfect spouse.
  • Whenever God sends you the right person..
    i don't think it's something you should try and plan out..
    it happens naturallyy
    but 25 is a good age to get married even if God sent you the right person before that..

cuz by 25...you're hopefully done with your education and well on your way to a career,,adnd ect.
  • The thing that is worrying me the most is that i am a shy person and i don't open up easily with others, especially the opposite gender. This limits me from getting into deeper relationships.
  • God will send the right one....  and try to hang out with some people of the oposite gender, but tak a close freind from your own gender too.... 
  • awhhh, well when it's the right person, and the right time, things ...will work themselves out.(i mean through GOD)...
    Yeah..just try to be more social and put yourself in situations outside your comfort zone (not in a bad way) so you can come out of your shell a little (:
  • For men i would say--25
    For girls i would say 23ish

I'm really not sure as i got soem many yrs to go=)

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • I forgot who said this but the age of marriage should be
    Females:20-25
    Males:25-30
  • This is kinda a foolish question to ask. Instead of saying what age, you should be asking at what point in my life. The answer to that is when you are well into your career (successfull too!) and do not live with your parents but maintain your own house/apartment and you are ready for committment and spending the rest of your life with someone. This is the time to start considering marriage; however, if you are 25 and still do not hold these qualities than you are far away from even thinking about marriage. First thing is first...get a career, do well in it, live on your own (not with parents), then you are ready. The whole point of doing this is so that you can learn how to support yourself because if you cant support yourself, how do you expect to support your wife? or family? The age thing can vary...

God Bless
    Tony
  • The answer is when you are ready emotionally, socially, physically and most important of all spiritually.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=Godislove. link=topic=6739.msg90436#msg90436 date=1213244813]

It does depend on how prepared you are! I mean if i am 25 and still in college and still living with my parents and work in a super market/ a resturant then that is not a good time to get married.
    bas most people finish school around age 22/23 and then they get the job they dreamed of and start thinking about marriage!
    Most females after college get married at an earlier age than males! I guess because their parents want to yetamano on her!
    If you are a male/female done with college, have a good career! living on your own and your income allows you to support another person! then go for it :) bas that person will come to you! they will run into you and then god will let his hand work if it is written for you to get married to that person! :)

[quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6739.msg90508#msg90508 date=1213297615]
    This is kinda a foolish question to ask. Instead of saying what age, you should be asking at what point in my life. The answer to that is when you are well into your career (successfull too!) and do not live with your parents but maintain your own house/apartment and you are ready for committment and spending the rest of your life with someone. This is the time to start considering marriage; however, if you are 25 and still do not hold these qualities than you are far away from even thinking about marriage. First thing is first...get a career, do well in it, live on your own (not with parents), then you are ready. The whole point of doing this is so that you can learn how to support yourself because if you cant support yourself, how do you expect to support your wife? or family? The age thing can vary...

God Bless
    Tony

This is what I am saying, bas in a NICE WAY ! :P hahahahaha

I am going to give you an example!
    there is this girl who was 17 at the time (masreya 100 el 100 tab3an) and her parents wanted to get her attention to this marriage/engagment idea without her knowing! so one day she was supposed to "VISIT AN OLD WOMAN SHE DOESN"T KNOW WITH HER PARENTS" bas it ended up to be the family of the guy her parents wanted her to know.  at first she thought that was crazy she is tooo young for that, she was still in high school, she wanted to finish college first then think about ENGAGMENT not marriage! bas it ended up that person was the best thing that ever happened to her :) she is engaged from him and she has a ring :) and totaly madely in love with him! they have agreed to wait for marriage 'till both of them finish school! and he finished yesterday :) :) and she will be done in 2 yrs :)
    tota tota kkholseat el hatota! :)

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6739.msg90537#msg90537 date=1213303341]

Hahahahah!!! I haven't heard that phrase in years!!! To7fa ya bentbabayasooua`  :D

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6739.msg90542#msg90542 date=1213303784]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6739.msg90537#msg90537 date=1213303341]

Hahahahah!!! I haven't heard that phrase in years!!! To7fa ya bentbabayasooua`  :D

pray for me

joe

now who is bullying who now ha?!!!! :P hahahaha
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6739.msg90542#msg90542 date=1213303784]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6739.msg90537#msg90537 date=1213303341]

pray for me

joe

WOW... you never heard it before??  how many years did you live in England??
  • I have heard the phrase before, just not in ages

pray for me

joe
  • acutally i don't really think its an age like if i had to say an age i would say 24/25 but its more are u ready to support a family and have kids and be able to support ur wife and kids

Pray 4 me (alot)
    Copticdeacon
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6739.msg90537#msg90537 date=1213303341]
    [quote author=Godislove. link=topic=6739.msg90436#msg90436 date=1213244813]

It does depend on how prepared you are! I mean if i am 25 and still in college and still living with my parents and work in a super market/ a resturant then that is not a good time to get married.
    bas most people finish school around age 22/23 and then they get the job they dreamed of and start thinking about marriage!
    Most females after college get married at an earlier age than males! I guess because their parents want to yetamano on her!
    If you are a male/female done with college, have a good career! living on your own and your income allows you to support another person! then go for it :) bas that person will come to you! they will run into you and then god will let his hand work if it is written for you to get married to that person! :)

[quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6739.msg90508#msg90508 date=1213297615]
    This is kinda a foolish question to ask. Instead of saying what age, you should be asking at what point in my life. The answer to that is when you are well into your career (successfull too!) and do not live with your parents but maintain your own house/apartment and you are ready for committment and spending the rest of your life with someone. This is the time to start considering marriage; however, if you are 25 and still do not hold these qualities than you are far away from even thinking about marriage. First thing is first...get a career, do well in it, live on your own (not with parents), then you are ready. The whole point of doing this is so that you can learn how to support yourself because if you cant support yourself, how do you expect to support your wife? or family? The age thing can vary...

God Bless
    Tony

This is what I am saying, bas in a NICE WAY ! :P hahahahaha

I am going to give you an example!
    there is this girl who was 17 at the time (masreya 100 el 100 tab3an) and her parents wanted to get her attention to this marriage/engagment idea without her knowing! so one day she was supposed to "VISIT AN OLD WOMAN SHE DOESN"T KNOW WITH HER PARENTS" bas it ended up to be the family of the guy her parents wanted her to know.  at first she thought that was crazy she is tooo young for that, she was still in high school, she wanted to finish college first then think about ENGAGMENT not marriage! bas it ended up that person was the best thing that ever happened to her :) she is engaged from him and she has a ring :) and totaly madely in love with him! they have agreed to wait for marriage 'till both of them finish school! and he finished yesterday :) :) and she will be done in 2 yrs :)

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`

loool i like el 7adoota...

worrying about that the right person is no where to be found is normal because thats what happens with most girls who want a decent/loving/lasting marriage...and thats what they all say in their wedding speech (i have found the person ive been dreaming of..i thought it was impossible..blah blah)

to be honest i think it is strange that the normal thing we are supposed to do is sit and wait for the person..although what alternative do we have? ofcourse your personality can help you if your are confident and outspoken..
    i mean..dont put yourself under pressure..take it easy but believe in yourself..you can be what you want to be and you are god's child! how good is that? there is nothing in you that you should be ashamed of..
    a lot of girls who are shy feel uncomfortable with the way they look and this greatly affects their confidence (might apply to males also but i am not sure) although it shouldnt because the inner beauty is FAR MORE IMPORTANT and who you are inside is what makes you you..the person who deserves to be with you is the one who appreciates who you are inside and respects your principles and beliefs.

also you say the people around you are 'limited'..we see this with our eyes but you never know what god can see for you..you might end up with the strangest happily ever after... :) bless you..good luck.
  • [quote author=Godislove. link=topic=6739.msg90436#msg90436 date=1213244813]

I honestly think that if God has showed you that your path is for marriage, then I would recommend marriage as you are able to support a family, and provided that you have found the right person. That's really important. A lot of people, at a young age, are anxious to meet their soul mates, but its not always evident. Having said that, by marrying young, there's the benefit of being able to adapt to each other's characters easily than say if you married when you are older, and set in your ways.