Agios Athanatos Nai-nan Lyrics - Please :(

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello,

Concerning the Bright Saturday lyrics for the Ipsali: "Agios Athanatos Nai nan".

Could someone pass it on to me? Or even , if u have it at home, would u mind just typing/and translating and /transliterating the first 10 verses????

Please?

God bless u

Comments

• Aepchois Tashe eri neman. anshopi en onof emmon. marengos enkarof an. agios athanatos nai nan

Broptos akshopi empenriti. o pimoonogenis ennoti. khen oumet atfonh nem omet atshibti. agios athanatos nai nan

Ge ghar enthok pe isos pekhrestos. epshiri emefnoti pilogos. piaizosen zemiorghos. agios athanatos nai nan

Zespota filanethropon. fok pe piouo nem pi agion. je aki aksoti emmon. agios athanatos nai nan

Eomantihap nahren pilatos. akshanohi piakoritos. ethve efnohem empikosmos. agios athanatos nai nan

Zoeforos enateshtahof. avshe pemkah owoh avkosf. ethve adam ethreftonosf. agios athanatos nai nan

Ippe ghar hiten pekestavros. akerehmot nan enelevtheros. anchi empionkh enalithinos. agios athanatos nai nan

Thesia estoviot esship. enatachini owoh en attholeb. akolf eepshoi opihiib. agios athanatos nai nan

Isos fietonkh piatmou. akkorf emefmo hiten pekmou. akkeppemhe empi ksmo tiro. agios athantos nai nan

Ke akkhomkhem enhansori. empizemon ehfo enkavri. akchshipi emmof khentek metgori. agios athanatos nai nan
  • lol I wasted my time typing it  :P

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6659.msg88999#msg88999 date=1212161109]
    Aepchois Tashe eri neman. anshopi en onof emmon. marengos enkarof an. agios athanatos nai nan

Broptos akshopi empenriti. o pimoonogenis ennoti. khen oumet atfonh nem omet atshibti. agios athanatos nai nan

Ge ghar enthok pe isos pekhrestos. epshiri emefnoti pilogos. piaizosen zemiorghos. agios athanatos nai nan

Zespota filanethropon. fok pe piouo nem pi agion. je aki aksoti emmon. agios athanatos nai nan

Eomantihap nahren pilatos. akshanohi piakoritos. ethve efnohem empikosmos. agios athanatos nai nan

Zoeforos enateshtahof. avshe pemkah owoh avkosf. ethve adam ethreftonosf. agios athanatos nai nan

Ippe ghar hiten pekestavros. akerehmot nan enelevtheros. anchi empionkh enalithinos. agios athanatos nai nan

Thesia estoviot esship. enatachini owoh en attholeb. akolf eepshoi opihiib. agios athanatos nai nan

Isos fietonkh piatmou. akkorf emefmo hiten pekmou. akkeppemhe empi ksmo tiro. agios athantos nai nan

Ke akkhomkhem enhansori. empizemon ehfo enkavri. akchshipi emmof khentek metgori. agios athanatos nai nan

THANKS A MILLION YA SHOBRAWEE!!!

You're the best.My wife & I were singing that all day in the car. I got the lyrics (thanks 2 u) on my phone.. we were singing it all day.

THen I heard this voice in my head that said to me :"that's fine.. sing away, but don't snap your fingers".
    ANyway, I was tapping on the steering wheel, and snapping my fingers, and then my wife :"No.. u shouldnt do that".

Joe..sing Zespota verse. Its sooooo catchy!! Just say it the same tune as Anba Youannis.
    Its soo addictive.
  • AM STILL WAITING FOR THE RECORDING.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6659.msg89025#msg89025 date=1212201439]
    AM STILL WAITING FOR THE RECORDING.

Mina,
    I thought joe was going to record onto MP3 from the CTV recording of Bright Saturday? Im stuck in Paris, I dont have any resources here.

Basically, u need to forget the Afti-Emeponoff tune.. Its nothing like it.
  • Yeah will at some point guys, sorry I have loads of exams from monday onwards... so please pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg89031#msg89031 date=1212217957]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6659.msg89025#msg89025 date=1212201439]
    AM STILL WAITING FOR THE RECORDING.

Mina,
    I thought joe was going to record onto MP3 from the CTV recording of Bright Saturday? Im stuck in Paris, I dont have any resources here.

Basically, u need to forget the Afti-Emeponoff tune.. Its nothing like it.

let's not start this again......
  • I just wanted to remind everyone that you all have a few weeks left to learn Agios Athanatos Nainan.

Please use the Anba Youannis style. Its more funky than the mo3alim ibrahim's.

Thanks
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg100723#msg100723 date=1236182799]
    I just wanted to remind everyone that you all have a few weeks left to learn Agios Athanatos Nainan.

Please use the Anba Youannis style. Its more funky than the mo3alim ibrahim's.

Thanks

FIRST, stop saying it's "IBRAHIM AYAD'S WAY". he didn't make it up, he's simply following what it says in the book. and UNTIL now, we haven't heard that "Anba Yoannes way. So posted, or don't brag about it.
  • Mina habibi,

Nice to hear from you. I see you havent changed a bit.

Always eager to share and develop a conversation.

I hope u can participate in Agios Athanatos Nainan this year,and enjoy it. Its a beautiful hymn. Do it whichever way u like, mo3alim ibrahim's way, or our way...

I never used to say it KHALISS the way he says it anyway... he really doesnt do justice to that hymn.

If you can, try and get another recorded version of it, and I'm sure you'll see the difference.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg101203#msg101203 date=1237846390]
    If you can, try and get another recorded version of it, and I'm sure you'll see the difference.

i never heard "another valid" way of the psali....and am not gonna try. because WE KNOW what is the right way. if you do, share it, in an ACTUAL LINK.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6659.msg101206#msg101206 date=1237849485]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg101203#msg101203 date=1237846390]

i never heard "another valid" way of the psali....and am not gonna try. because WE KNOW what is the right way. if you do, share it, in an ACTUAL LINK.

OK.

The problem is how u do Afti Emeponoff:

Here's the difference:

Afti Emeponoff enanepseechi Enjeh Epermev Emepkran Ethouab.

Pachois Isos Pekhristos Pasoteer en Aghathos. (Mo3alim Ibrahim sings this part low.. I mea, the entire verse is goes downhill, whereas Agios athanatos nainan goes up.)

Its not exactly the same tune as The saturday Psali Mina.

But, the tune doesnt matter.. just prepare yourself for it cos last year, the priest in our church just skipped it.
  • Oh. I don't worry about that. We would never skip anything on that night. Especially that psali.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6659.msg101230#msg101230 date=1237898027]
    Oh. I don't worry about that. We would never skip anything on that night. Especially that psali.

Do you do it in Coptic and then in Arabic?

Do you sing it EXACTLY the same way as Afti-Emeponoff??

OK, just out of curiosity, do you generally play the cymbals when doing the Saturday Epsali? Because, with Mo3alim Ibrahim's way, the cymbals don't work.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg101231#msg101231 date=1237900391]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6659.msg101230#msg101230 date=1237898027]
    Oh. I don't worry about that. We would never skip anything on that night. Especially that psali.

Do you do it in Coptic and then in Arabic?

EVERYONE i spoke to about this makes this mistake. there is 2 things that are said. the PSALI itself, and a MADEHA after it. they are 2 differnt things not the same. we always say the psali itself coptic and then the madeha after in arabic and english.

Do you sing it EXACTLY the same way as Afti-Emeponoff??

ya habibi you are supposed to say it that way. you are supposed to rakeb-ha on that. as i see it, Ibrahim Ayad tarkeeb is really good...that's why we say it mostly according to him with me some other jumps. the tune is the TUNE. it's the common watos psali tune. the tarkeep might differ.

OK, just out of curiosity, do you generally play the cymbals when doing the Saturday Epsali? Because, with Mo3alim Ibrahim's way, the cymbals don't work.

well i sometimes likes to to play the deff during afti-emip-onof. it gives it a live feel keda because of the refrain. but here, i think it might sound odd. because the refrain is short.......also there are many jumpy words in the psali and the madeeha. and also we say it a little fast because if you say it sloooooow, it becomes very boring.
  • Yes,
    its the mediha! The madiha is great!! I knew it wasnt the translation of the Coptic.. its obvious. The arabic version (mediha) is just mind-blowing; and the Coptic Epsali is just remarkable.

How on earth can u play the daff on mo3alim ibo's version of Afty Emeponoff?? He destroys it.

• [coptic]Kiw]pato] pamenrit>
    `csan]totf `ntaouwnh ebol `nouen,ai @ piy,oc `nte (Agioc a;anatoc nai nan) nem (af] `m`pounof) pe `nouwt> alla pifwrj pe qen (Agioc a;anotoc nai nan) piwp `ncaji `noi an pe kata qen (af] `m`pounof)> e;be vai `fouwnh ebol `nhouo `n,wlem nem `noukouji `nrasi[/coptic]
    If it will help I will clarify something: the tune of "[coptic]Agioc a;anatoc nai nan[/coptic]" and "[coptic]af] `m`pounof[/coptic]" is the same, but the difference is in "[coptic]Agioc a;anatoc nai nan[/coptic]" the number of words is not as in "[coptic]af] `m`pounof[/coptic]", that is why it appears faster and a little bit joyful
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6659.msg101233#msg101233 date=1237914228]
    Yes,
    its the mediha! The madiha is great!! I knew it wasnt the translation of the Coptic.. its obvious. The arabic version (mediha) is just mind-blowing; and the Coptic Epsali is just remarkable.

How on earth can u play the daff on mo3alim ibo's version of Afty Emeponoff?? He destroys it.
    Dude. You need go stop with this. Have some respect!!!!
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6659.msg101234#msg101234 date=1237914826]
    [coptic]Kiw]pato] pamenrit>
    `csan]totf `ntaouwnh ebol `nouen,ai @ piy,oc `nte (Agioc a;anatoc nai nan) nem (af] `m`pounof) pe `nouwt> alla pifwrj pe qen (Agioc a;anotoc nai nan) piwp `ncaji `noi an pe kata qen (af] `m`pounof)> e;be vai `fouwnh ebol `nhouo `n,wlem nem `noukouji `nrasi[/coptic]
    If it will help I will clarify something: the tune of "[coptic]Agioc a;anatoc nai nan[/coptic]" and "[coptic]af] `m`pounof[/coptic]" is the same, but the difference is in "[coptic]Agioc a;anatoc nai nan[/coptic]" the number of words is not as in "[coptic]af] `m`pounof[/coptic]", that is why it appears faster and a little bit joyful
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]

I thought EXACTLY the same thing. And that's very true, but Mo3alim Ibrahim's way really goes slow at the end.. and he starts it slow.. but A'Epshoice Tasherie neman starts faster, and is more upbeat. It sounds totally different.