Bright saturday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
who knows the hymn where it goes like this evlogeete pantata.

Comments

• Hi,

Its sung before Aripsalin. Its the 3rd Hoss. Its called "'Ekesmaraout Epchois Efnouti" - "Blessed are You O Lord, the God of Our Fathers, and Exceedingly blessed, and exceedingly praised, forever" -

( i just translated that from the top of my head, so expect Mina and Ophadece to jump in and correct that any time).

• Spot on Vas, it is the 3rd Hoos, with the added evlogite lyrics are here:http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/284 and here is the HICS recording:http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Bright_Saturday/Higher_Institute_of_Studies/01.Praises.html

pray for me

joe
  • That's my favorite bright saturday hymn. Too bad I have to wait a whole year to hear it again at church.
  • Cool, yeah its good, but im more sorry about anok pe pi kojee.... now that on my top 20 hymns of all time list.  ;)
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6586.msg87512#msg87512 date=1210692536]
    That's my favorite bright saturday hymn. Too bad I have to wait a whole year to hear it again at church.

lol, i think its the reason why many people come to Bright Saturday. I just used to come for that hymn and then leave to go to sleep when I was a kid growing up in Church.

No.. but that's the thing -you don't have to wait.. u can sing this at home.. (yeah, or in the shower).
    Its a beautiful verse.
  • copt4eva,
    Do you want the lyrics or the cantor that chants this that is recorded?
  • [coptic]Eulogite pantata erga@ Kuri`e ton Kurion `umnite@ ke `uperu'ote auton@ ic touc `e`wnac.
    [/coptic] those are the lyrics
  • I believe it is "Evlogite panData erGHAT.." this is how you would pronounce it....you just forgot the "T" for erghat

GB
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6586.msg87584#msg87584 date=1210745937]
    I believe it is "Evlogite panData erGHAT.." this is how you would pronounce it....you just forgot the "T" for erghat

GB
    Tony

Are u saying that just to tease me, or are u serious.
    You cannot believe the PAIN i'm going through JUST for one letter (Pi), and i cannot believe i'll do this again for the letter "T".

Let's focus on theosis and get that sorted out before we open another huge issue like this... i

Thanks Amoussa (I'm not angry or anything (!!) - im just really tired of reading more problems).
  • No im not teasing you. There was always a "T" there...jydeacon just forgot to put it. Also, its prounouced panData because it is a greek word so it should follow greek rules....("nt" is pronounced "nd").

GB
    Tony
  • I agree with the PanDADA bit, but jy was only writing in coptic letters.... and the T on the end of ergha is not present in the hymns library here, and neither is it in Albair's book

pray for me

joe
  • Guys,

I'm finding myself already more and more ignorant in things that I thought I knew about the Church concerning doctrine.

I was hoping to at least feel that I knew something about Coptic.

Even the GOOD Lord doesnt reveal to us our mistakes and faults all at the same time. Does He? He shows us a bit, and then a bit.

This is a very confusing period for me right now.

Do not talk about ANY more letters, for the love of God, please.. ana ta3abt.
  • i understand he wrote it in coptic....im not saying he wrote it wrong...he just forgot the "T" in erghat. I am pretty sure its a typo...

GB
    Tony
  • There is no T in erghat, you can check on the lyric library, or in Albair's book

pray for me

joe
  • Amoussa01 i think is right, in my DSB it says [coptic]ergata[/coptic] not just [coptic]erga[/coptic], i've only heard it sung as ergha so thats why i put it up. Sorry for any confusion it caused. My apologies guys.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • lol sorry Amoussa, my fault for my ignorance please forgive me

pray for me

joe
  • The Text, again is:
    [coptic]Eulogite pantata erga@ Kurie ton kurion@ `umnite ke `uperu'ote@ auton ic touc `e`wnac. [/coptic]
    Bless the Lord all you works of the Lord, praise Him and exalt Him above all forever.

The are two diffrent versions in  most of the books: [coptic]erga[/coptic] and [coptic]ergata[/coptic].
    According to pg 340, 12th edition "Deacons' Service Book" of 'The Committee of the Revival Churches' (Gam-'eiet Nahdet Al-Kana-es) it is [coptic]erga[/coptic]. since so, it is the most trusted source over muallem Farag Book, and Albairs. So that is the one mostly used by cantors as you'd hear the recordings of most of them.
  • Thanks for the clarification mina

pray for me

joe
  • what's weird is that muallem Farag says it, [coptic]erga[/coptic], even thoo in his book it says [coptic]ergata[/coptic]. as well as muallem Gad.
  • Perhaps its a fuzzy recording - or maybe erghata is supposed to be pronounced ergha?
  • In all the recordings i've heard its always been Ergha, is it possible that its spelled Erghata and the T is silent?
  • Precisely what I mean JY - is it due to the proper greek pronunciation?

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6586.msg87624#msg87624 date=1210788242]
    Precisely what I mean JY - is it due to the proper greek pronunciation?

nooo....there is no "silent" letters in coptic. i dono about greek but if there is, it would be written in the coptic text.
  • Anyone know the anwer then (lol a mystery)
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6586.msg87630#msg87630 date=1210788804]
    Anyone know the anwer then (lol a mystery)

dude.....it's not a mystery. it's not the first time that we see this.
  • lol I was kidding  ;)