Help :(

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Guys,
I have a problem where i am not studying cuz i have 2 jobs and i am a full time student that is almost there! and my GPA is droping.
what can i do?
I have 2 jobs (1 full time job from 2-6 mon-friday, and one all day weekends, friday ngts and tuesday all day).  basically all of my time is gone to work :( and i am doing this to help my parents with the bills etc....
what can i do? is there another better option for this? :( i don't want to get bad grades i need to get alteast a B! my highest test grade soo far is a 77 and the lowest is a 40 :(
What can  i do?

pray for me,
bentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• Well, this is not an easy issue, but you will have to prioritize what you need to do, if its work to help your parents or if its school. You could possibly become a part time student to help your parents out, if not you will have to quit one job to focus on school better, doesn't seem like there is a way around it. Just Pray, and may our Lord guide you in this issue
  • You could consider dropping one of your jobs, but that may not be convenient to you.....like jydeacon pointed out, prayer is your best option and priority - it is the bond that we have with our Saviour. Pray for God's will be done, and ask your spiritual teacher, your FOC. Hope I helped, and pray for me

joe
  • ugh ..that iss a tough situation..im prolly gonna be there in a few years too :/

anywayss....is it possible at all that you look around and maybee find a job that pays a little higher so you can work one job? or maybe you can pull out a student loan and not work...and when you're done with college you can just pay it off? hmm..what else..i know this isnt the best but try to cut down on any unnecessary purchases/money-spending andd the little time you  DO have to study just concentrate 100212% !
    :/ eh. idk.

just pray lots...because really if it's God's will that you do well on your exams and he sees you're trying...it will happpen. it's happened to me before .
  • If i have free time, trust me copticcross i will not waste it in shopping! and i don't even shop anymore! I got plenty of clothes and shoes that i don't even know were to put 'em! :S

any-who
    one job is a child care job and the other is a server job! i would like to drop a job bas i don't know how to tell my parents that!

My dad doesn't work, bas my mom has 2 jobs bardo one all day and the other all ngt! bas she doesn't go to school :( and she doesn't study for anything

guys i have never got 50, 40 on a test before :( not even in elementary school :'(

• Well how long do you have in college?
    If its a year or less, perhaps its easiest to drop one job for the time being.. and pick it back up when you've finished. If you want a good job that pays off all your hard work after college.. than you'lll have to make a sacrifice now. Tell your parents what going on, and that your not coping. I'm sure they'll understand.!

rabena ma3aky.
  • pray pray pray. and remember to remember me in your prayers

joe
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6471.msg85403#msg85403 date=1207752307]
    Guys,
    I have a problem where i am not studying cuz i have 2 jobs and i am a full time student that is almost there! and my GPA is droping.
    what can i do?
    I have 2 jobs (1 full time job from 2-6 mon-friday, and one all day weekends, friday ngts and tuesday all day).  basically all of my time is gone to work :( and i am doing this to help my parents with the bills etc....
    what can i do? is there another better option for this? :( i don't want to get bad grades i need to get alteast a B! my highest test grade soo far is a 77 and the lowest is a 40 :(
    What can  i do?

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`

The problem is that your job (2 to 6) is in the best time of the day for studying!!

Look, what kind of job do u do?? is it admin ? clerical work??

If so, I could have the answer for you!

When you study, use a casette recorder to record your notes.

Then, when at work, or going to work, play it back on your MP3 player!

As for the weekends, I don't think that's wise to work those days as its the BEST time to study. Also, you need a break, you'll have a breakdown, and this will not be good, you will not become effective ONE BIT!!! There's positive stress that pushes us to work and achieve our goals, and then there's negative stress that can cause us to become less efficient. Its very easy to move from one type of stress to the other if you are not wise in balancing or prioritising your activities.

In order to prioritise your daily activities, this really takes a lot of practice itself. You don't need agenda's, Pocket PC's, nor the latest gadgets, but you need to have an organised personality. That takes some time to develop. So, I'm not sure where u are with respect to this quality?? How organised are you??

from 2pm to 6pm is right in the middle of the BEST time to learn. Its in the early afternoon and your mind will be fresh to absorb and learn. In the evening, after a long day, your mind will not be at its best to assimilate new information.

• Just one sec here.
    I just read the entire thread. I see clearly now your situation.

Given you must work to help your family - and that's very noble by the way (!!) , may I suggest the following bentabam?

Why not work 9 to 5, and take evening classes?
    If you get a 9 to 5 job, you can save the weekends for studying!

I did a poetry class when I was younger in the evening. It was great. The class started around 7pm and finished 9:30 pm /10pm.

Although I believe its noble to work, i also believe that everyone should have the chance to be educated. Are there no bursaries or scholarships in the USA? I know in Europe, the governments here literally give students money just to study. (And not just some money, but living expenses paid for, tuition paid for, food paid for... I even know one guy that bought a car with his grant money). He was indian actually, and the car was more important than his degree.  It enabled him to provide accommodation for his entire family from India. It was a Datsun Sunny (Nissan).
    You'd be amazed at how many people you could fit in a small car like that.

Anyway, they all lived in the car for 5 years.

Yes, they did smell very bad, but after 5 years they upgraded the car to a Honda Civic.

Think about it, but I really suggest you pray and ask God for the BEST solution for your situation.

Have you ever considered playing the lottery also?
  • QT_PA_2T
    I even know one guy that bought a car with his grant money). He was indian actually, and the car was more important than his degree.

Indians can save! I have no clue how they manage it. I know an Indian who is full time professor.He says, he only spends $47 for the whole month and that in the US .I thought I was not hearing properly.He grabs his 10 kilo Basmati rice, his curry and other spices, he goes to big retailers for his chicken, vegies etc ( he does not eat meat due to his religion) and he wires the rest of his salary to India,where he has accumulated wealth in real estate and other stuff.Thus, when he calculates the amount in Rupee ( indian currency) his life style did not change ever since he came from India.

Have you ever considered playing the lottery also?

I thought ,playing the lottery and expecting to win money that you never worlked for was a Sin?
    Isn/t that the reason why donations earned from wins is less acceptable in our churches?
  • Is playing the lottery a sin?

But it was the only option that came to my mind.
  • Yes, I have also heard that playing the lottery is a sin, and thus, the church would not accept any donations from this money. Again, only what I heard and know.
  • You've heard correct Ti Agia Malatini - although the decision for accepting donations from the lottery is up to individual churches and their councils (they usually reject it though).
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6471.msg85575#msg85575 date=1207927443]
    You've heard correct Ti Agia Malatini - although the decision for accepting donations from the lottery is up to individual churches and their councils (they usually reject it though).

OK, so I guess bentababayasoo3a knows that if she wins she cannot donate the money to the Church.

Nevermind... I'm sure she'll find a way to get over that....

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6471.msg85576#msg85576 date=1207928029]
    [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6471.msg85575#msg85575 date=1207927443]
    You've heard correct Ti Agia Malatini - although the decision for accepting donations from the lottery is up to individual churches and their councils (they usually reject it though).

OK, so I guess bentababayasoo3a knows that if she wins she cannot donate the money to the Church.

Nevermind... I'm sure she'll find a way to get over that....

hahahaha vas! :p
    I missed you!
  • why would it be wrong. i mean if someone's gonan win the lottery anyways might as well be some one from the church./
  • Coptic Cross,

I think, the reason that gambling ( and lottery could fall win that catagory,but depends on who defines its terminlogy) is not approved of the Lord could be read  in these following verses:

Genesis 3:17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
          “ Cursed is the ground for your sake;
          In toil you shall eat of it
          All the days of your life.

18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
          And you shall eat the herb of the field.

19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
          Till you return to the ground,

For out of it you were taken;

PSALM 22:18 " They divide My garments among them,
            And for My clothing they cast lots".

and the scriptures of Psalm 22 were fulfilled when the Roman soldiers cast lots
    for Jesus' robe while he was crucified.

And in Gen 28,Jacob promises: "'From now on I will tithe; I will give the tenth of all that I possess"

Rememeber, wealth that is created through gambling has no blessings and could be a recipe for disastor, as the love of money is the source of all evils.
  • [quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=6471.msg85601#msg85601 date=1207967561]
    Coptic Cross,

I think, the reason that gambling ( and lottery could fall win that catagory,but depends on who defines its terminlogy) is not approved of the Lord could be read  in these following verses:

Genesis 3:17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
          “ Cursed is the ground for your sake;
          In toil you shall eat of it
          All the days of your life.

18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
          And you shall eat the herb of the field.

19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
          Till you return to the ground,

For out of it you were taken;

PSALM 22:18 " They divide My garments among them,
             And for My clothing they cast lots".

and the scriptures of Psalm 22 were fulfilled when the Roman soldiers cast lots
    for Jesus' robe while he was crucified.

And in Gen 28,Jacob promises: "'From now on I will tithe; I will give the tenth of all that I possess"

Rememeber, wealth that is created through gambling has no blessings and could be a recipe for disastor, as the love of money is the source of all evils.

Are you saying that Bentbabayassoo3a has to work 3 jobs because of the sin that Adam and Eve made??

I think their sin put us all in a fine mess, and we all should work, but this poor girl has to have 3 jobs AND study, so I think for someone her age, she is carrying a lot on her shoulders.

Do you have any ideas for her situation?? I get the impression from your post that the only solution for her is to repent her sins.

Even if she repented her sins, she still has to work my friend. She's back at square one.

Bentababayasso3a: I suggest you seriously take time to answer the following questions:

a) What career would you like to be in? If there's a special field you want to work in, that requires a diploma or certification or a degree of some sort, then it would mean that you need to continue your studies.
    b) If the need to have 3 jobs at a time is important, and you STILL need to do well in your studies, then you need to work smarter and study smarter. Use the techniques I told you.

* Try to get around 8 hours sleep per day, but then try also to start the day early. Let's say u have work around 2pm until 5 pm.
    If you slept at 10 pm, and you woke up at 6 AM, that gives you enough time to study for that day. WHen you study, get a cassette recorder and record your notes on it (with your voice). ANd then, whenever you are on the train to work, or at work, or leaving work, or whenever, listen to the cassette.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6471.msg85933#msg85933 date=1208341547]
    Bentababayasso3a: I suggest you seriously take time to answer the following questions:

Ok! :)

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6471.msg85933#msg85933 date=1208341547]

a) What career would you like to be in? If there's a special field you want to work in, that requires a diploma or certification or a degree of some sort, then it would mean that you need to continue your studies.

Pre_Med, YES there is a special field i want to work in, and yes it requires a degree!
    I am trying to continue my studies and if everything went smooth as they should I will get my degree in spring '10

b) If the need to have 3 jobs at a time is important, and you STILL need to do well in your studies, then you need to work smarter and study smarter. Use the techniques I told you.

I can't go to night school! I have been thinking about quitting a job bas this term is almost over in a couple of weeks, so i am going to take some days off to study for my exams and with god's will he will help me and hold my hand.

I am not working 2 jobs because I love money, the money I make I don't keep! because i give it to my parents eventhought it is not alot but i still give it to them to help them out with house mortage, bills, insurance and my school tution.

Pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • Im sure that the Lord Christ will look at your love for ur family, and will reward you a lot. That is a su followed the commandment of honouring your parents. God knows ur circumstances and will definetly help you. God Be with you
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6471.msg85933#msg85933 date=1208341547]

Are you saying that Bentbabayassoo3a has to work 3 jobs because of the sin that Adam and Eve made??

What the hell are you talking about? Where on earth did I suggest that "Bentbabayassoo3a has to work 3 jobs because of the sin that Adam and Eve made"? The only reason  I brought the  Biblical sanction against /lottery gambling  was because you confessed ignorance that the act of gambling was a sin. Pls go back and read what you wrote,before you draw your own conclusions.

Do you have any ideas for her situation??

The question implies,that you do exactly know the seriousness of her sitution.But I hardly think so. Encouraging someone as hard working as Bentababayasso3a to consider prospering by gambling and then fantacising does not constitute deep understanding of the issue.The idea is dumb, pure and simple. You tend to dismiss or ignore the fact that winning the lottery is nothing but a stroke of luck, the odds of striking it rich are the same as those of being hit by lightning. If it was a piece of cake,the life of many people would be different.

Moreover, I and most of the 345+ people who read her post have not given her any advise,  because we precisely know and understand the magnitude of her problems.I for one do not have the magic formula that lifts the burdens off her shoulders. I am also not prepared to give her my half-baked ideas that could create more adverse effects on her situations. Strangely, you seem to have assumed the role of an adviser, but you have not made a single dent in resolving her problems, ever since she asked for help. Her problems are still there galring at us. I believe the only people who could effect changes are those who are very close to her,  who know the facts on the ground, and who do not just deliver words,- for words are not substitute,- but also offer an alternative approach  aimed at alleviating the hardships being experienced by her, at least to a tolerable extent.

They say, there is a wisdom in being quiet if one does not know better and I do fully agree with this notion.

• Hi Hezekiel,

I never said that you actually said that she has to work 3 jobs.. it just was the impression i got. I asked if you were implying that?

I gave her the following advice:

a) On time management, and
    b) Studying techniques (use cassette recordings and play them at work or on her way to work (if she can))

These are constructive ideas. Most students have part time jobs. I think she's going through a lot, but using her time wisely, it could help her.

I don't think she should put her hopes on winning the lottery, but then I said that to just to cheer her up.

Did it cheer her up? I don't know. But had I not known Bentababayasoo3a personally, I'd not have joked with her about it.

Bentababayasoo3a...

I gave you advice on the basis that you had chosen to study and do 3 jobs at a time. Whatever you decide, its up to you. But its clear that from her post, she needs to know how to get through this situation. I'm not influencing you in any way. But i will help you where I can. You asked for help for your situation, and if you have no other alternative in your life but to work and study at the same time, then the advice I've given you may help you.

The 1st day of biochemistry, our professor started the class by teaching us memory techniques. He said that "the quantity of information is so huge to learn and that whatever you read, you may forget it. So, I'm going to teach u how to never forget something."

Then he spent the entire 8 hours of the day teaching us how to memorise. We didnt buy any books on this, we didnt buy any other material, as he just taught us this himself. What he taught us, helped us from that day forward.

ENORMOUSLY, not only through my school period, but also through my university period and work.

Such techniques mean one thing: you never have to worry about remembering stuff for an exam. The only problem, as I've said before, is that you need to invest some time in memorising the information.

I think these techniques were so effective that we ended up studying less for exams - there was no need to memorise anything, so we just partied. This is the wrong attitude. All these techniques enable u to do is to recall what you've read.  But if you haven't read - there's nothing to recall. Basically, such techniques are good in the following situations:

a) You can literally go into an exam half-asleep & tired and recall everything that you've read on a subjet.
    b) You never have to worry about re-reading a subject. Once its memorised, you will save an enormous amount of time later on for the exams.

However, what u must know is:

U can only recall what you've actually memorised. So, it still requires time.

Now, I can tell you what he taught us, but I'm 100% sure that these methods are common and will be found in any bookstore.

If you have prayed and asked God for guidance and found that your only option in life is to work and study at the same time, then you need all the ressources around u for help. You don't need someone telling u about the sins of Adam and Eve. (with all due respect)

I really can't stand that actually. I hate it when someone is hungry and starving and someone comes up to them and says "Ohh.. yes, I understand that u must be hungry.. u are hungry because u have not eaten... I cannot judge u, but God bless u".

(WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!) - whatever decision you take in your life, does this type of comment help u?

She said clearly that she has to work 3 jobs and she's given the time frames she has to help work around it to see if its feasible. That's what she's given us. She's already said that she CANNOT give up her jobs (!!), and her plans are to go into Med school. I'm telling her that she needs to study smarter.

I wish someone gave me the idea about the cassette recorder when I was her age!! If i had done that, I'd have used the early hours in the morning whist sitting on the train going to school to actually advance in my studies.

Also, bentababayasoo3a... listen to this carefully. I'm VERY serious:

If you record your study notes and make them amusing- you WILL NEVER FORGET THEM. If you hear your notes with your own voice, and u add some humour in them - you will never forget what you've just listened to. The mind recalls voice and emotions better than just abstract information. Trust me. But as I said you really have to manage your time. These techniques, what i've given u as advice will help you leverage your time.

I've given you a breakdown of what I think u should do based on your schedule:

You need 8 hours of sleep. This is ESSENTIAL. otherwise you could have a breakdown.
    Given that your work is at the best time of the day for studying, I suggested that you wake up early (and sleep early) to make use of the early hours of the day.

Bentababayaso3a:

I have one small question for u:  If u work between 2 and 5 pm each day, what time do u attend school lectures??
  • [quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=6471.msg86069#msg86069 date=1208568177]

What the hell are you talking about? Where on earth did I suggest that "Bentbabayassoo3a has to work 3 jobs because of the sin that Adam and Eve made"? The only reason  I brought the  Biblical sanction against /lottery gambling  was because you confessed ignorance that the act of gambling was a sin. Pls go back and read what you wrote,before you draw your own conclusions.

Do you have any ideas for her situation??

The question implies,that you do exactly know the seriousness of her sitution.But I hardly think so. Encouraging someone as hard working as Bentababayasso3a to consider prospering by gambling and then fantacising does not constitute deep understanding of the issue.The idea is dumb, pure and simple. You tend to dismiss or ignore the fact that winning the lottery is nothing but a stroke of luck, the odds of striking it rich are the same as those of being hit by lightning. If it was a piece of cake,the life of many people would be different.

Moreover, I and most of the 345+ people who read her post have not given her any advise,  because we precisely know and understand the magnitude of her problems.I for one do not have the magic formula that lifts the burdens off her shoulders. I am also not prepared to give her my half-baked ideas that could create more adverse effects on her situations. Strangely, you seem to have assumed the role of an adviser, but you have not made a single dent in resolving her problems, ever since she asked for help. Her problems are still there galring at us. I believe the only people who could effect changes are those who are very close to her,  who know the facts on the ground, and who do not just deliver words,- for words are not substitute,- but also offer an alternative approach  aimed at alleviating the hardships being experienced by her, at least to a tolerable extent.

They say, there is a wisdom in being quiet if one does not know better and I do fully agree with this notion.

I agree too. There is wisdom.

But if someone asks me the time, or asks me for information, then I'll give it to them.

There's also another saying:

"Instead of cursing at the darkness , light a candle"

I tried to light a candle.

Are my ideas half baked?? I gave her the advice that was given to me:
    * sleep 8 hours a day
    * If u can't study in the early afternoon, wake up early and study..
    * use a cassette recorder to record your notes and listen to them at work or on the train.

THese are half-baked?? I admit, and for the benefit of bentababayasoo3a, its definately in her hands to decide on what she must do and what she can and cannot do with her time.

Is memorising your study notes half-baked??

If she decides on continuing on this road of studying and working (like a lot of students), then this advice is not half-baked. If she decides to study full time, then how is this advice half-baked??? I never gave her ideas on how to work in her job. I gave her ideas on how to study smarter. On how to make use of EVERY minute of the day - even whilst at work, for the benefit of her studies.

How are these half-baked?? I'd like to know?
  • As for the gambling question, i agree with Hezekiel, and I add this: every time you win money gambling you take it from someone else also.
  • As for the gambling question, i agree with Hezekiel, and I add this: every time you win money gambling you take it from someone else also.

i'm pretty sure taht when you get your paycheck you're "taking"it some one too...?
    i mean yeah you "earned" it but its still coming from some one else, if that's wha tyoure getting at.

and if you win it gambing...im pretty sure the "source"you got it from knew they were putting there money in risk...it's not like you stole it.
  • Dear copticcross,

The paycheck scenario is distinctly different from gambling. as you put it yourself, you earned it, and so you are not stealing or unfairly taking someone else's money without labour.

As for your idea that they knew they were putting their money at risk, that doesnt make it any better - if you steal a car which someone left in a rough neighbourhood, its still a crime.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6471.msg86321#msg86321 date=1209437312]

As for the gambling question, i agree with Hezekiel, and I add this: every time you win money gambling you take it from someone else also.

i'm pretty sure taht when you get your paycheck you're "taking"it some one too...?
    i mean yeah you "earned" it but its still coming from some one else, if that's wha tyoure getting at.

and if you win it gambing...im pretty sure the "source"you got it from knew they were putting there money in risk...it's not like you stole it.

I agree with josephgabriel, there is a distinct difference between earning the money you make and taking it, the person who employs you, is giving you the money with consent because you have done something for him in return in which you will deserve the money you recieve. Gambling or playing the lottery is different, you are basically wasting your money and not working for what you make on the winnings you recieve. the people that gamble(in general) are looking to make a quick money without doing they're part to work for it which is wrong.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6471.msg86298#msg86298 date=1209386869]
    As for the gambling question, i agree with Hezekiel, and I add this: every time you win money gambling you take it from someone else also.

I agree with it also. This is NOT a solution. Bentababayasoo3a is no potato. She knows that I was kidding about that.

My advice was NOT for her to play the lottery, it was for her to know how to use her time better in order to cope with the stress that having a job and being a student can cause. If you wish to change this into a topic about gambling - open a new topic.

Now, Given that she's given us her timetable , and the hours she can spend studying etc, I really do believe that its feasible (with God's blessings) for her to achieve her goals.

By making sure that she has developed good memory techniques, with good time-management principles, she's 80% there. Now, all she needs is to invest some time.

As Our Lord blessed the 5 loaves and 2 fish, I pray that He blesses her time also, and makes EVERY minute profitable for her.

Also, the fact that she spends LESS time on tasbeha.org perhaps is a sign that she has dedicated every spare minute she has to her studies (which is very wise!) - in my opinion at least.

The comment about recording her notes on voice, and adding humour to it - IS ABSOLUTELY vital to not only help in memorising her notes, but using her time from going to work/coming to work and perhaps during work, to listen to her course notes.

I would even suggest that she records her class notes. There are these recorders now that are the size of a nanopod and can record 3 hours.

By making sure that she sleeps 8 hours a day, and using the early hours of the morning to study is vital. It will mean that there are sacrifices to be made. I doubt VERY much that she will be able to do any other activity other than attend the Holy Mass and Sunday School.

God bless
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6471.msg86077#msg86077 date=1208582642]
    Hi Hezekiel,
    I don't think she should put her hopes on winning the lottery, but then I said that to just to cheer her up.
    Did it cheer her up? I don't know. But had I not known Bentababayasoo3a personally, I'd not have joked with her about it.

Hi QT,

Sorry for this belated reply. I did not know that you were joking with the lottery thing.Never forget to "lol" or put the :) when you are joking. I frankly did not read it that way,because I thought her topic was serious and did not provide an opportunity to poke fun at:-) At any rate,  those of us who do not know your ways of putting smile at people's face may err big time.

Are my ideas half baked?? I gave her the advice that was given to me:
    * sleep 8 hours a day
    * If u can't study in the early afternoon, wake up early and study..
    * use a cassette recorder to record your notes and listen to them at work or on the train.

THese are half-baked??

No, they are not. I have not said, your ideas were half-baked. All I said was "I am also not prepared to give her my half-baked ideas that could create more adverse effects on her situations". I was talking about my own lack of tangible ideas and weaknesses. However, I did say, that words would not make her situation any better. I believe, she has already explored all available ideas and means ,including the ones you suggested ,but ended up in a deadlock.That may be one of the reasons why she felt compelled to share the difficulties in her current life.

On such situations, I tend not to give advise that does not really offer an alternative. If I do and something goes wrong, then I must be hold accountable for what I advised. For that reason, I argued, the only people who could make a concrete  difference are those who are very close to her, who are prepared to take responsibilities for any eventualities. 

This is not to say, that we at Tsabeha can not do anything. Yes, we can ( not Obama's:-). I prefer doing rather than philosophising.

Here is what I would like to suggest. Benty intends to go to Med school. That is a grand plan that should be encouarged by any means. It also means, that she needs to graduate with high grades. From my own experience, I am aware how tough it is to secure a place for Med, regardless of one's academic credentials.She did not tell how far she is with her Pre-med degree. If she is in her last year, then she would need to study very hard.We at Tasbeha could organize a fund raising drive that may cover her expenses during this time. There are some 30,000+ members here.Wherevere there is a will,there is always a way and with God's help,the sky is the limit. Benty could reject this idea,but that is beside the point. I am mentioning this to let you know, that this forum should not be about spritual discussions only,but also about realising those fruitful discussions into deeds.

While I am at it, we could , for example, collect money throughout the year and send it to the poor during the big Holidays like Easter and Christmas. There are people, and you surely know that, who do fast throughout the Great Lent but can not afford to provide a decent meal to celebrate the ressurection of our Lord . If the Muslims (eventhough they are selective) could do it, why not us (for all)??  I urge those of you who are at Tasbeha longer to take such noble proposal into account. After all, that is the foundation of our precious faith, since the apostles.
  • Hezekiel,

Your idea seems like a more sensible and surer way. Go for it, and we'll support u!

and to make sure that we do get the funds, I'll play the lottery (LOL). (??)

seriously speaking, it sounds good. Let us know how we can help.