creation?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
aghabi everyone,

okay well i noe that if someone gets plastic surgery it is a sin rite? nd don wry im not thinkin bout that or anything but mi mom said its destroying Gods creation froevver.  were if u put on makeup or like wear contacts it is not a sin becuz its not destroying gods creation forever. if u noe wat i meen.  i personally wear contacts nd ubouna said it wasnt bad.  but arent they all equal.  becuz most of the time ppl hoo put on makeup use it becuz it makes them look better rite?
nd i would never wanna do plastic surgery.  so dont get the rong idea.. its juss rong. 

there was alos another q on my mind.  u noe hos sometimes u admire a person and u act like them.  like i guess an example in america would be a good celebrity on like a childrens show.  its not mi point but u see were im goin?  is that a sin.  and is that changing wat God gave u ?  i have thought of these q for a long time nd i hope that u guys answere me with all ur perspectives. thank u

/
mahraeel
plzzz p4m sister in Christ

Comments

• plastic surgery is not a sin... and make up is not a sin... these are opinionated subjects... btw we are not the religion of haram and halal!

there is nothing wrong with with looking up to a character on a show, as long as its a good behavior, but we all fall guilty for idolizing somebody just for the sake of them being famous, try not to do that often, but if you do, just take the positive traits instead of the bad!

i know everyone will jump down my throat and tell me we must idolize Jesus and only Jesus... lol so don't, the statement i said, was after idolizing Jesus of course!
  • lol
    wait so ur tellin me that plastic surgery is nott a sin?
    ppl pleeze post ur comments thxx any words of wisdom are accepted

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • As Superman said,
    Plastic Surgery is a very debateable subject.
    It isn't wrong per say, because sometimes it's needed for burn victims, people who have scars, etc.

But those who decide to undergo it to enhance their features, or change their perfectly normal looks because they are unsatisfied with themeselves, they might be considered sinning then (i am not judging, im just giving my understandning of the situation)

such situations are clearly stimulated by vanity, unacceptance to God's creation, and unsatisfication.  As Christians we usually dont want to be have these charachterestics. 
  • yea thxx that makes it more clear thxx lol

/
    mahraeel

• Hope this helps  : 

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful;all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify"
    (1 Corinthians 10:23)

I think plastic surgury is bad... everything is done for a reason from God, what ever He has done to us, we have to accept it and live with it. Plz Correct me if I am Wrong

God Bless

Coptic Pharaoh
  • I think that plastic surgery is fine IF you were in a fire or accident. I know somebody who needed half her face to be operated on because she was in a horrible accident. That gave her hope that she might be able to move on after the accident. Feel free to disagree, but i think in a circumstance like that, its fine. HOWEVER I don't agree with say, a nose job, or something just to make us look "better".

We were created in God's image, God planned us and our lives out (assuming we follow his plan) to work out all together. It's just my oppinion, but I think plastic surgery is basically telling God, "I hate what you gave me, the doctors, and technology this world has to offer can do much better."

Feel free to disagree.

God Bless +
  • About your second question,

We are not born with personalities.. If you see a trait in a person that you like, eg., their kindness, and you try behave like they do - it's perfectly normal and totally acceptable. It's how our personalities form.. we observe those around us and rule out what we dont accept, hence only taking away positive traits... God gave us this free will to choose who we are, therefore we are using what God gave us, not changing it.

God Bless
  • yes i agree bout the surgery. that it is rong for pretty but not if ur face is like demented i guess lol

nd um we are created equally.  but we each r different in personality ways. thxx for clarifying on that hizz_child

/
    mahraeel
    pllzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • I think it is the fault of the media, which portrays plastic surgery as some luxury service for people that think they are not as "beautiful" as they want to be.  But in actuality Plastic surgery is a very serious surgery for recovery whether after an accident or things of that nature.
  • [quote author=Zakhary link=topic=6389.msg84464#msg84464 date=1206407983]
    I think it is the fault of the media, which portrays plastic surgery as some luxury service for people that think they are not as "beautiful" as they want to be.  But in actuality Plastic surgery is a very serious surgery for recovery whether after an accident or things of that nature.

Media plays a part in it and i'm sure plastic surgery started off as a serious surgery, but NOW... more often than not, we hear about people "fixing their faces".
  • Media plays a part in it and i'm sure plastic surgery started off as a serious surgery, but NOW... more often than not, we hear about people "fixing their faces".

lol i agree

/
    mahraeel
  • You have to distinguish:  plastic surgery from cosmetic surgery.  They are not necessarily equivalent terms.

Plastic surgery is inclusive of "cosmetic effect" for the repair of disease or trauma (e.g., trauma, burn victims, repair of birth defects, etc.)  Whereas, cosmetic surgery is plastic surgery for the sake of vanity and cosmetic improvement (e.g., liposuction, augmentation, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, etc).

There are no guarantees with any surgery, and they should be entered with thoughtfulness.  I believe the issue of a "sin" factor falls into place is that when seeking out a vanity fulfillment you are playing with a gift that God has given you (health and body).  It is in essence gambling.  Not to mention that one can die from these surgeries, both literally and figuratively.  Sometimes, these vanity fulfillments can lead one to enter into wrong situations or evil life styles as a result of this sense.

I do not know if there is an official statement or doctrine, but the issue is extrapolated from the features of the norm of Christian behavior and conduct.
  • i get it much better now? but wat happens if like somebody get plastic surgery because of like an accident nd it doesnt go as plaanneed? well thats destroying your face? therefore would God be mad? but wouldnt he know if it were to come out this way nd wouldnt he prevent it from happening according to his will

/
    mahraeel
  • I don't think looking up to someone is wrong at all. Through out the Bible, it tells us to be examples, for others to look onto us. And i am positive there is a verse written by St. Paul which mentions something about follow exactly in my foot steps. I tried to find it, although i couldn't this one is pretty close:

Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
    Philippians 3:17