If it is legal to download music in your country..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is it okay also in the sight of God?

How do people pick which music they want to buy if they can not download it first, hear it and see if they like it?

unless you go to a shop and ask them to play a song for you.. but a shop might not have all the music.. or are there shops that has nearly all music?

Comments

• if its legal in your country to have an abortion...

I think that answers the question, stealing is stealing
  • I think that it might still be considered as theft (infront of God) if u just download music for free even if u are listening to it so that u can buy it.
    Just as duck said if the country makes laws it doesn't mean that they are right infront of god.
  • I dont get it so downloading music is wrong im in the US
  • I don't think it's wrong, unless it's copyrighted right??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • If its legal in the country doesn't it mean the authors of the music are at peace.. they let the government make it legal? therefore they are okay we download their music for free?

how else will you pick good songs?

don't believe everything I say

• Just an update on music download, limewire is shutting down pretty soon, just a nit of notification!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Just because its ok in the country you live in or because its ok in this world, it still doesn't make it right. Always ask yourself What Would Jesus Do? and do as he would do... Also, try to keep in mind that this world is not our where we belong so we should not follow anything that's viewed as "ok" but rather do as God wants us to do.
    Hope this helps :)

But I also have a question regarding this; why is it then available online for people to download? For example, saint movies, hymns...etc
  • what all the people said is true. if download music for free or just to listen to it it is stealing. just like what duck said.
  • so all the music on tasbeha is illegal to download

• That's exactly what was asking above... like, i know its wrong and just because it might be legal in where one might live, it still doesnt mean that its ok.
    But does that mean all those hymns and stuff that we download from the coptic websites is a sin?
  • [quote author=BabaKyrillosVI link=topic=6262.msg82980#msg82980 date=1204075027]

That's exactly what was asking above... like, i know its wrong and just because it might be legal in where one might live, it still doesnt mean that its ok.
    But does that mean all those hymns and stuff that we download from the coptic websites is a sin?

+ No. These artists that made the hymns made them for the churche's use. This site for example doesn't just go and steal tracks from someone. If you were a cantor then you will be willing to put your teaching hymns where every one will access them and learn them. That's church stuff plus hymns are for every person. People need to learn hymns. That is what cantors want. We need to consider that the people who are recording these hymns don't own the hymns. Someone less than 2000 years ago sat down and established these hymn for every-body to share in. Hymns are needed to praise god. If people recorde hymns they are doing this to encourage people to praise God and approach him. This is a ministry of it's own.
    + If on the other hand you get a famous star singer then they will not be willing to have it published every where for free because it's their song. The church hymns are for everyone but songs belong to the singer person. Songs are not neccessery but hymns are. If we didn't learn hymns then our generation will be poor at hymns and we will lose our heritage. This isn't the case for songs. Songs are released then soon forgotten.
    Pray for me