Not so new

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I don't know if this is just my church, but I feel that not only is at school, but I noticed that it began to occur at church too, I'm talking about cliques!  It's a major issue at my church, from my opinion anyway, the rich are with the rich, the people that are in poverty are with the people that are in poverty, and the only reason that the high class would talk to people that they think were inferior to them would be if they needed anything and sometimes other way around, most likely anyway.  It really bothers me, does anybody know what I'm dealing with, like similarity?? or if anybody has any advice, I surely would appreciate it!!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• Sometimes "rich" people are with "rich" people, because they tend to be similar in other things too. The best thing to do, I guess, is reach out to all. That said, I left Church as soon as the Absolution was said today.

Be part of the solution and pray for your Church.
  • I know how u feel but i don't have it in church. well at least i don't notice it if there is. so ya sometimes people don't hang with people that are different than them because they don't want to feel different. if they stay with people who have the same things as them they won't feel different do u get wut i mean?? I hope u do!!!
  • at my church, its more based around the music and types of clothes.
    rocker, gansgter, you name it.
    and people who are different get ... whats the word... not ostracized, but pointed out.

in the end, who cares what people say you know?
    God knows our hearts, he know us, and WE know us.

cliques are useless.
    and in time people will grow up and grow out of them.
  • That is a big problem. The separation of people into these cliques are based on the most worldly of things. we are all one church, and if these things are what divide us, than that is an issue. idk, that's what i think. I would like to here what you all think.

GB

• [quote author=markos123 link=topic=6138.msg82207#msg82207 date=1203117575]
    The separation of people into these cliques are based on the most worldly of things. we are all one church, and if these things are what divide us, than that is an issue. idk, that's what i think.

I agree to a cerain extent. I think that yes its a problem how people divide themselves based on such worldly things but at then end, this won't matter to us because we will all turn into dust. So what we can do is: reach out to all; to everyone and anyone, the new faces (new comers) and those who have always been there. Set an example for everyone because actions speak louder then words.
    hope this helps
    GOD BLESS