Dinosaurs

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
When did dinosaurs live? God created the Earth then Adam and Eve and they got children and so on. They couldn't have lived during human time. Or did they live in one place and other people in another place. Thanks for ur help Im really curious

Comments

• Well in the Holy Bible it states that God Created the Earthand all taht is in it in 6 days, those days as we know cant be taken as literally 6 days but as an amount of time unknown to man.

It was also said that Animals were created before mankind was, so in other words dinasours could have been created before man and died before man or could have co-inhabited with man.
  • Oh thanks I didn't know animals were created before humans. That makes more sense :)
  • so in other words dinasours could have been created before man and died before man or could have co-inhabited with man.

uhmm...are you sure that's possible?
    i mean.... Adam did name every animal...right?
    why would he name a big dead thing?
  • the names for dinosaurs were given to them after they were discovered and their bones recovered. there is no proof that adam lived with them. he named all the animals he saw. if he didn't see the dinorsaurs then he couldn't name them
  • uhhhh..
    how would you know this?

is it really possible for dinosaurs to be alive one "day" and dead the next.
    I mean they did live with  and  tigers and beasrs..why not dinos?
  • You can't take the days where God created everything in literal 24 hour days. A day to the Lord can be millions of years, we are still in fact the Seventh day.
  • Who says we are on the seventh day? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I was told that is just one interpretation, and it it is not an authoritative one at that.
  • I don't have a direct source but that is what i've been taught please someone correct me if i'm wrong
  • We are still in the seventh day because Genesis doesn't mention that the seventh day ever ended. It says of the other days that they came to an end.
    Notice that God rested on that seventh day when he became incarnate in the fullness of time and rested on the cross after giving salvation to the whole world, and even untill we are all saved on this very seventh day and will enter with Him in His kingdom. Then we will all enjoy the 8th day with Christ :)
  • [quote author=mannan link=topic=6076.msg80909#msg80909 date=1199847197]
    Oh thanks I didn't know animals were created before humans. That makes more sense :)

please read the bible or listen to bible audio
    it is genesis 1 for god sake

[quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6076.msg80972#msg80972 date=1200205094]
    the names for dinosaurs were given to them after they were discovered and their bones recovered. there is no proof that adam lived with them. he named all the animals he saw. if he didn't see the dinorsaurs then he couldn't name them

u 2 should read the bible carefully
    gen2:19 god brought 2 adam all the animal, well he didnt forget the dinos ;D
    may i ask if you believe in evolution theory?if yes, refer 2 the 2 threads in Coptic Orthodox Church about evolution
    :D
  • no i don't believe in the evolution theory but that doesn't mean that the dinosaurs didn't die off before adam and eve were created, again you can't take the days literally as 24 hours, they can be millions of years and as Hos erof and i said before we are still in the Seventh day. how God created the animals we don't know, all we know is that he created them, and in the process who's to say that he decided that the dinosaurs were not fit to live with humans, and i know Genesis very well, God sent him all LIVING creatures to name, nobody said that dinosaurs were alive then.
  • [quote author=taymourlang link=topic=6076.msg81021#msg81021 date=1200442502]
    [quote author=mannan link=topic=6076.msg80909#msg80909 date=1199847197]
    Oh thanks I didn't know animals were created before humans. That makes more sense :)

please read the bible or listen to bible audio
    it is genesis 1 for god sake

[quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6076.msg80972#msg80972 date=1200205094]
    the names for dinosaurs were given to them after they were discovered and their bones recovered. there is no proof that adam lived with them. he named all the animals he saw. if he didn't see the dinorsaurs then he couldn't name them

u 2 should read the bible carefully
    gen2:19 god brought 2 adam all the animal, well he didnt forget the dinos ;D
    may i ask if you believe in evolution theory?if yes, refer 2 the 2 threads in Coptic Orthodox Church about evolution
    :D

Well Thank you Taymourlang and Im much younger than you so don't be acting like all this is common sense . I dont mean it in a bad way but thats the truth
  • why did the dinos [+other extinct animals] die?
    all the other animals are still aliveee soo reallyy...
    i don't understand why God would decide to randomly create this creature..
    just so he could kill it off the next "day" [whether or not it's 24 hours isn't my problem it's stil;l a "day" ...so i'll call it a day].

so yeahh..
    i honestly believe adam and eve lived with the dinosaurs and thrived in peace with all the animals.
  • ok the image of a dinasour that we get is usually of the huge T-rex
    and who knows mabye Adam and Eves offspring lived with them, maybe they died before Adam and Eve were ever created
    we wouldnt know, but what we know is that we today live with many direct descendants of dinasours:
    i.e. Sharks have been around since then, and they havnet changed muched since
    Komodo Dragons are another example

lets not also forget that even if dinasours were alive after Adam and Eve's time, most of htem were probably killed by Noahs Flood.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=6076.msg81171#msg81171 date=1200772908]
    ok the image of a dinasour that we get is usually of the huge T-rex
    and who knows mabye Adam and Eves offspring lived with them, maybe they died before Adam and Eve were ever created
    we wouldnt know, but what we know is that we today live with many direct descendants of dinasours:
    i.e. Sharks have been around since then, and they havnet changed muched since
    Komodo Dragons are another example

lets not also forget that even if dinasours were alive after Adam and Eve's time, most of htem were probably killed by Noahs Flood.

You have a point
  • lets not also forget that even if dinasours were alive after Adam and Eve's time, most of htem were probably killed by Noahs Flood.

^^ how come? :/
  • Noah only took two of each animal, so think about it:
    "imagine millions of dinos roaming the land, and then God strikes with the flood drowing all but two of each"
    I mean its pretty safe to say that if htey survived after Adam and Eve most were probably killed durng hte flood.
  • But then the other two would have been alive and they were male and female so they could make more dinosaurs
  • well ya but who knows how many offspring they had or who knows how different the climate was for them? maybe it didnt suit them then etc...
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I greatly doubt that dinosaurs and man co-existed on earth.  I don't see why they would, nor do I see any problem with the notion that they lived before man by millions of years, died out, and mammals slowly arose to dominate.