Better Technology, Lazier World??

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Have you ever thought to yourself, what isn't new? Really, the truth is what isn't new? I want one person to find a true answer, based off of facts and statistics.  I find it physically impossible, and hard to believe that the world isn't lazy with this much technology filling it has.  I want each and everyone of you to please answer, but before you do so take a look at this website for the best inventions of the year for Time magazing http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1677329_1677971_1677986,00.html
click on previous or next to view other inventions, such as invention of the year: the iPhone! Just wanted to thank those of you who have taken the liberty of your spare time to post or to reply!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• CopticChica21, you have come up with a really good answer, i agree with some things you said, but their is a limit where i disagree, it can be applied both to the spiritual and the material world, but there are some ways that people take the advantage that is given and procrastinate on it, like you mentioned that if you get an mp3 player that you still have to do the work to actually add music, videos, and learn things that you haven't learned before..but from that i can say that just taking the time and effort to learn how to work and play the mp3 player will lead to procrastination, and sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, yes it's great to have these advancements, but in general aren't we being lazy by actually focusing on the technology around us, that are supposed to be used for better things than naughty music videos and inappropriate websites???

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I guess this is kind of off topic, but here it goes. I have always contemplated in my mind, "what if something happened and all of the technology in the world was destroyed?" Could we remember how things were created from scratch again? Like are we at the point where we are so technologically advanced to the point where we can not remember how this technology was created?

I guess this kinda goes with being lazy, like we simplify our lives to the point where we cant do things ourselves, like live off the land and raise up farms and stuff?

Just something I contemplate on from time to time
    GB
  • oh i never thought of that, thats a good point, and its not off the topic. When u put it that way, it makes sense.
  • I don't think that would happen because there are still people that are creating them as we speak, its not like they make them once and then stop, so if everything broke the people who created them would still have the knowledge to build them again, it would just take an extremely long time to re-establish everything
  • I guess what I was saying was, can people now adays adapt and live if the technology was limited to what we had in the 1600's or would alot of people fail to survive because we are used to our ways of having machinary give us our food?

I think personally we have gotten to the point where if we had to live the way our ancestors lived because of some catastrophic disaster wiping the technology away, I think that some people would just have a hard enough time getting their Ipod music taken away, much less the trouble of finding your own food and shelter to live from.

sorry for hijacking the thread
    GB 
  • markos123, don't ever say sorry for taken over any of my threads that is, we are all equal, you made an EXCELLENT POINT, ya most people would say, "I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY CELL PHONE", when it's taken away as a consequence they find the true meaning that they actually can live without it, I'm a sophomore in high school, and I still haven't gotten a cell phone yet, most people are shocked when I told them that, but it's the truth, so they are like, i can not live without mine, i was like it's useless and it's just an addiction, but I wouldn't say that the iPOD wouldn't be compared to food or shelter, even though some people think that they just have to have the best new thing!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i think instead of people get lazy while they r using technologoly, they actually get lazy and tired of Using it. a cell phone could help you out in all things, even church if u think about it. but i dont rele think new tech. gets u lazy
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5957.msg79850#msg79850 date=1196452592]
    i think instead of people get lazy while they r using technologoly, they actually get lazy and tired of Using it. a cell phone could help you out in all things, even church if u think about it. but i dont rele think new tech. gets u lazy

could you elaborate on that?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well, for cellphones, it can be used for causes like planning dayys ( good or bad ) depends on how you use it. so i dont think Lazy goes in with cellphones..

By technology do you mean any specific?? iPhone? Ipod? All?
  • well, some teenagers get them as for like leisure time/pleasure...others get them because they just want to show off, and they use it so much, that they forget about other things...such as homework, studying, GOD...most importantly

no actually when i was referring to technology, i meant in general, like phones..not as specific, if you were referring to when i mentioned the iPhone as the best invention of the year, that's a different thing, but i meant like phones, computers, iPods, music--resources..including iPods, MP3 players, etc etc..

Forever,
    Coptic Servent