How to make parents make up???

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey you guys,

My parents are kinda of "metkhasmean" my mom started it actualy, but I think my dad is right. and I hate they are not talking to eachother I MEAN LITERALY THEY ARE NOT TALKING TO EACHOTHER, it has been going on for days now....
Baba is tayeb, very kind, and mom is too.....!!
My dad is away right now, in egypt, and they got into an argument over the phone...! I am sure she misses him. and everytime baba asks to talk to moma, she says "NO, I don't want to talk to him" and it hurts his feelings much...!! Eventhough they love eachother!

How can i make them make up and talk to eachother again?
any Ideas?

I would greatly appriciate it!

Pray for me and my family
bentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

There really isn't anything you can do to make your parents make-up.  They are adults and have had arguments in the past and gotten over it.  This certainly won't be an exception.  Just keep talking to them and praying for them.  If you feel that your mom started it, sit her down and talk honestly about how you feel, and your point of view in the matter, and see if she's willing to give you her point of view.  You may be able to act as an intercessor.  However, I wouldn't stress over it too much.  Parents fight.  It's part of any healthy relationship.
  • Part of a healthy relatonship? That's nonsense. Unless it says that in the bible and i'm not aware of it, but i believe it's just an american saying. Couples should never fight. However, there really isn't much you can do. My idea is something most of you won't agree with however it always works. When my parents fight which is almost never, they'll usually after a while like even a few hours, ask me to do something or have a question, and My response is I'll do it after you and mom/dad "make up". It always works, and if you don't like that idea, that's ok/ Not aa lot of people do.
  • sorrie PK but i agree with Koko (surprised?).......there is no such thing as a perfect relationship.......arguments and fights are bound to happen this is inevitable but hopefulli these disputes strengthen the relationship rather than tear.....jus becoz ur parents dont fight b4 you dosent mean they dont.....as sed parents are adults and most often deal with disputes in a orderly fashion.....
    parents are human and are two ppl....they cant be expected to agree on anything, most issues can be discussed and resolved....sum take time and distance may help at times clear ppl's heads.....

God bless n take care
  • Hello ya Bentababayassoa,
    well, I understand exactly how you feel because I had the same situation before.  Parents do fight, but I still think that we have something do with that, not just stand and watch.  Personally when I see my parents fight, i start talking to them and I tell them that fighting will never solve a problem but rather will make it worse because the person when he is angry doesn't make correct decission.  Talk with your parents and tell them that their fight is hurting your feelings and annoying you so much and is not giving you the opportunity to concentrate in your study (Which I'm sure it is causing you not to concentrate in your study). Any words never make any effect on the situation except only the words of the sons and daughters of the parents. I do really believe that you can make a lot, at least do your part and leave the rest to the parents.  One other thing that you can do is suggest a solution for the problem that they are fighting about.  sometimes the fight happen because the parents have a problem and they don't know how to solve it, so that causes them to stress and start fighting, while once a solution appears everything goes back to normal and they make up. If the problem is completely out of your hand and you are stuck and don't know what to do, then I suggest that you don't stress and not to worry, just go to abouna and tell him everything so that he can talk to them and make them up.  Don't worry lol, this happens between my parents all the time, the only difference is that your dad is in egypt and that's why they did not make up as quick.  But enshaalla everything will be back to normal very soon.  :P

Yalla Salam

Baladoos
  • That happened to me but when I confronted on of my parent's, the response was "sometimes adults act childish. It will go away."

You can be assured that it is a momentary, natural phase. If, however, you are still anxious, you can also confront you're parents. Don't demand that they talk to each other- just make it clear that regardless of what has been done, or whose fault it is, frankly it is making you nervous.

Don't keep your emotions inside- you may lapse into depression needlessly (not that there is any time where it is needed!). Do not tell your mother it is her fault or likewise to your father- that will probably just aggravate the situation. Probably just saying, "I am not sure what has happened or why, but I got to tell you mum/dad that since both of you are not speaking to eachother (be impartial! don't say since you don't want to talk to dad/mum etc), I have been getting anxious." Be content with the response- just let each of them know that the inside argument is not just about them- it is affecting the whole family.

I hope that this is appropriate?
  • [quote author=Doubting Thomas link=topic=5570.msg74352#msg74352 date=1184664200]

Don't keep your emotions inside- you may lapse into depression needlessly (not that there is any time where it is needed!).

That is the lesson of the week at tasbeha! LoL ... seriously though, what he said is very important. That happened to me once, because I kept a lot of things inside. Not that my parents fought infront of me or anything. But on everything I kept everything inside and i was kind of depressed for quite some time, where to the level people were getting worried about me.

Anyways, about my parents... my mom usually respects my dad... and so even if they have arguement, they usually forget about it. And remember, kids can be a reason for them to forget their fight or they can be a reason to fight about. Recently, I was a reason for them to fight about. My mom was mad at my dad for what he did to me (don't wanna say it here :)).  I thought I was the reason for that even though I did not do anything wrong. But they seem to go over it right now, or at least infront of me. LOL.

To the person who started this thread, I advise you to talk to them privately one by one and then figure out the problem they are not agreeing with. Then you will know what to do from that point on.
    Hope it helped! :)
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Part of a healthy relatonship? That's nonsense.

You clearly have not been in a relationship at all.  It is not nonsense, it is reality.  You have two people with to different minds and personalities and ways of thinking coming together.  There will inevitably be fights.  You aren't marrying yourself so I fail to see how there can not be disagreements.
  • There is no such a thing as "PERFECT". There is alawys something wrong, If not in your eyes, then in someone else's.

[quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=5570.msg74354#msg74354 date=1184669934]
    To the person who started this thread, I advise you to talk to them privately one by one and then figure out the problem they are not agreeing with. Then you will know what to do from that point on.
    Hope it helped! :)

I know the problem, and it is getting worse everyday.  They never argue, and if they do then they make up right away! I am completly avoiding any conversations with my mom, and when I talk to my dad.... From now on... I will talk to him when I am out of the house.
    My dad told me "don't ever get married, cause you will get headachs from it"

It is bad enough that is gone to cursing, and blame the other for things that didn't happen.
    It is makng me not focusing in school work, and ruining my day!!!!!!
    HELP!!! :S

Please pray for me and my family,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=5570.msg74397#msg74397 date=1184721152]

It is bad enough that is gone to cursing, and blame the other for things that didn't happen.
    It is makng me not focusing in school work, and ruining my day!!!!!!
    HELP!!! :S

Please pray for me and my family,
    bentBABAyasooa`

I really know what you mean by that. I mean I really really know. Even though mine might be a different problem, I understand.  :)   It really sucks and you don't want it ruining your school work. Your parents want you be successfull so don't worry about them. You should go to the library or somewhere quiet where you can concentrate and relax.

The best medicine of all is just pray about it, and leave it all to God.

Let Go and Let God.  ;)
  • im sry to heer about thsi.  did u try tellin abouna about it.  he mite have good ideas.  have ur parents been goin to church.  //????

also juss pray it is the onli answer and medicine as they say. 

may God be w/ u
  • Hey...I don't think you should avoid speaking to your mum. I am not sure what happened but that is hard hitting when you only support one parent. That's my belief.
  • Did u talk to abouna? maybe he could help u. And the main answer won't be asking us. the main answer would be in God's word. Read the bible it will help u and guide u. and have faith in God because if u do God will help u and will spread joy over ur family.
  • Thanks you guys for all of your Prayers,
    Things are much better now!  :-*

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • 8im glad things arer soo much better.  may God be with u all the time bentbabayasoua!!

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ