What are all the RANKS in the Coptic Orthodox Church?

Hi, can someone please list all of the ranks of the COC, I'm really interested in learning what they are. I want all of them, deacons, monks, nuns, everything.... please.. thanks,

God Bless You,

Beckett. ;D

Comments

• 10 views and not one post.... waaaa ???
  • im saying random stuff cause i feel bad

1) decon
    2) monk
    3) Priest
    4) Monk priest
    5) hegomen
    some other wierd ranks go in here duno them ...
    6) meterapolatin
    7) general bishop
    8) arc bishop  = pope

and u also have all the ranks of decons which i don't bother with.. last three are subdecon, decon, arch decon

and there is aganstos, and the other low rank one...

y are u asking.....

• Keep in mind that the Deaconship has its own ranking:
    1. Psaltos (chanter)
    2. Aghanostos (reader)
    3. Subdeacon (only one who can serve inside)
    4. Deacon
    5. Archdeacon (can distribute the blood)

In some churches, any deacon can serve inside but this is only because of not enough resources.
  • Bishops:
        Archbishops (Pope)
        Metrobolitens
        Bishops

Priests:
        Hegumens
        Priests

Deacons:
        Epsoltos
        (Archepsoltos)
        Oghnostos
        Epiziakon
        Eziakon
        Archezikon

Monks

(Nuns)

The rest of the Orthodox people.
  • what about the khori-episkopos ?
    what are his responsibilities and his authorities ?
    can he ordinate priests ?
    what is the difference between khori-episkopos & episkopos  ?
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5259.msg70533#msg70533 date=1178012084]
    what about the khori-episkopos ?

Khori-Episkobos is not really a rank. like i mentioned below, there is only 3 ranks, Bishops, Priest, Deacons.
    Khori-Episkobos is basiclly a sub-bishop. he's a helper of a bishop. he have all the athurities of a bishop but only with the guidence of the bishop he's helping. so yes he can ordain priest, consacrate alters and everything a bishop does but with a premession of the bishop he's helping. now we don't have any now except one in alexanderia (which am sure you know shnoda). there is one there because there must not be a bishop for Alex except the Pope, the Archbishop. since HH is in Cairo the captial of egypt, he have the Khori-Episkobos helping him there. now HH doesn't ordain any more since you can ordain a general bishop instead.
  • also there is ouskof ubrashya

p4m
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5259.msg70538#msg70538 date=1178039094]
    [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5259.msg70533#msg70533 date=1178012084]
    what about the khori-episkopos ?

Khori-Episkobos is not really a rank. like i mentioned below, there is only 3 ranks, Bishops, Priest, Deacons.
    Khori-Episkobos is basiclly a sub-bishop. he's a helper of a bishop. he have all the athurities of a bishop but only with the guidence of the bishop he's helping. so yes he can ordain priest, consacrate alters and everything a bishop does but with a premession of the bishop he's helping. now we don't have any now except one in alexanderia (which am sure you know shnoda). there is one there because there must not be a bishop for Alex except the Pope, the Archbishop. since HH is in Cairo the captial of egypt, he have the Khori-Episkobos helping him there. now HH doesn't ordain any more since you can ordain a general bishop instead.

anba isaak in el sourian monistry.i was lucky once to meet him and spend a wonderful day with him.
    btw he is the FOC of our father

thx
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5259.msg70550#msg70550 date=1178053657]
    anba isaak in el sourian monistry.i was lucky once to meet him and spend a wonderful day with him.
    btw he is the FOC of our father

hmmm, i don't think there is any anbas in the Sorian except HG Bishop Mettaos!!!!

actually i think He's taking care of Alexanderia becuase HH is not there.
  • no mina,father sherobim el bakhomy (hegomen) is the one taking care of alexandria when HH is not there.as for anba isaak,as i heared,he was made a khory episkopos to take care of a city (i don`t remember which one) till HH ordinates a bishop for it.when that happened HH pope shenouda ordered anba isaak to go back to his monistry as his mission was finished.and so anba isaak stays in el sourian monistry and don`t leave it.
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5259.msg70556#msg70556 date=1178056311]
    no mina,father sherobim el bakhomy (hegomen) is the one taking care of alexandria when HH is not there.as for anba isaak,as i heared,he was made a khory episkopos to take care of a city (i don`t remember which one) till HH ordinates a bishop for it.when that happened HH pope shenouda ordered anba isaak to go back to his monistry as his mission was finished.and so anba isaak stays in el sourian monistry and don`t leave it.

well that's weird because for some reason he is still included in the Holy Synod
  • Dear all,
    I think we can also include the "2arabny" "ayyem", (= Oblations preparator) as the lowest rank of the deacons. Correct me if I am wrong.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5259.msg70567#msg70567 date=1178118669]
    Dear all,
    I think we can also include the "2arabny" "ayyem", (= Oblations preparator) as the lowest rank of the deacons. Correct me if I am wrong.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers

arabny is a service not a rank.

an arabny must be of the second rank of deacon to make the orban. An Oghnostos. the first rank (rather the lowest) is the Epsoltos/chanter.