Second Article of the Egyptian Constitution

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Does any one know why the Pope asked the church to keep out from the discussion pertainig the second artical of the Egyptiam constitution?

Comments

• Hi. Im sorry can you please explain what the second article of the egyptian constitution is
  • ok for me personaly i havent heard of the article you are referring to so i goggled it because it seemed like an interesting topic and indeed i wasnt disappointed
    BUT now see im confused????

the constituation is a document which outlines the governments roles and this regard its discussing the egyptian laws.........

it has been opposed by some as its seen to unconstitutional and is against all International Human charters of rights and treaties that Egypt signed and believe in fact they believe it must be eradicated and it must be eradicate NOW.

while others belive that if this article was removed that the Orthodox Church may find itself in front of a new threat in personal issue laws especially the Divorce , in the Orthodox Church there is no divorce with reasonable exceptions

final point is that the continuing talk about that article can create a distrust relation between the Muslims and Christians in Egypt

now above is from sites ive explored BUT if the pope has stated that we should refrain from discusiing this topic then we should abide by his terms