Blessed are those

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Could someone please show me where I can download the following hymn in the weekday tone:

"Blessed are those who have mercy
Who give to the poor and fast and pray.
The Holy Spirit will fill their hearts.
The Son will show them mercy on Judgment Day"

Both the English and the Coptic would be good

Thanks

Comments

• its all the same weekdays and Sundays same tone
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=topic=5086.msg68405#msg68405 date=1173548952]
    Could someone please show me where I can download the following hymn in the weekday tone:

"Blessed are those who have mercy
    Who give to the poor and fast and pray.
    The Holy Spirit will fill their hearts.
    The Son will show them mercy on Judgment Day"

Both the English and the Coptic would be good

there is no coptic for this. this is just a femous part of the melodies in lent.
  • a question :

can we say this part in weekdays in their known tune or we should say it only on satur- and sundays ?
    or we can say it during weekdays but with the tune of weekdays ?

thx
  • We have a book for the hymns of Nineveh and the Great lent, English, Coptic & Arabic in the website of the church, it contains these hymns
    Here it is the link

http://www.stmaryottawa.org/Hymns_Nineveh_Lent.pdf

Pray for me
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5086.msg68427#msg68427 date=1173647872]
    a question :

can we say this part in weekdays in their known tune or we should say it only on satur- and sundays ?
    or we can say it during weekdays but with the tune of weekdays ?

there is one set tune for this. the tiune of je-efismaro-ot. and that is for all of lent not only weekends. psalm 150 is diffent for weekdays and -days, but not the madaieh.
    here you can find the madaieh with a some little modifications.

there is one for every week and may be 2 for anytime of lent.

Fasts/The Great Lent/Communion Melodies
  • Acutally this song is not said during the weekdays. There should be hymns appropriate to the tune, and example would be like pimiromi
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5086.msg68525#msg68525 date=1173848736]
    Acutally this song is not said during the weekdays. There should be hymns appropriate to the tune, and example would be like pimiromi

Pi-mairomi is a communion hymn. the other listed in the link above is communion melodies which can be said any time and it have one set tune that goes with je-efis maroot. you say je efismaroot in the same tune across lent.
  • So does anyone know where I can download this song?
  • Never mind, I found it.
  • Dear all,
    I don't actually agree that you can say this madeeha (tooba lelrohama) on weekdays, but it is just because of poor knowledge of those who sing the hymns, not knowing how to sing Bimairomi that they resort to singing madayeh instead when the Body and Blood distribution takes a long time. I don't think we are supposed to sing Arabic madayeh at all anytime of the year, unless you don't find any Coptic hymns to fill up the time (which can't happen I think, given the many doxologies for each ceremonial), and then may resort to those madayeh. By the way, how can you say "madeeha" in English?
    God bless you all and pray for me
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5086.msg69441#msg69441 date=1176062366]
    Dear all,
    I don't actually agree that you can say this madeeha (tooba lelrohama) on weekdays, but it is just because of poor knowledge of those who sing the hymns, not knowing how to sing Bimairomi that they resort to singing madayeh instead when the Body and Blood distribution takes a long time. I don't think we are supposed to sing Arabic madayeh at all anytime of the year, unless you don't find any Coptic hymns to fill up the time (which can't happen I think, given the many doxologies for each ceremonial), and then may resort to those madayeh. By the way, how can you say "madeeha" in English?
    God bless you all and pray for me

well you have to consider ther people who don't know coptic. so you'd be happy when u say part of pi-mairomi, and they'll be happy when they say part of a madeha they understand.

the way in english is the same as the arabic.
  • Dear minagir,
    I meant the word "madeeha" in English, not the tune. The translation of the word and that is all
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5086.msg69446#msg69446 date=1176066379]
    Dear minagir,
    I meant the word "madeeha" in English, not the tune. The translation of the word and that is all

lol, ok. the word we use to replace it in english is melody.
    to translated liturlly, it's Eulogy.
    to me i like to just say madeha because it's coming of the word "madh" or "madeh" which means to glorify.
  • Dear minagir,
    Thank you very much for the translation. I think I was looking for the word "melody" rather than the literal translation.
    God bless you and pray for me
  • Hey sorry I am late but I found the hymn by accident but only in english:
    http://www.copticheritage.org/PagEd+index-page_id-847.phtml

Pray for my weakness.