If I cheated in at least 2 exams...

If I cheated in at least 2 exams in yr 12 and got a good end of yr 12 mark (which is used to decide which  course in university you can do) maybe because of cheating..

in school I wasn't really close to God and cheated maybe in atleast 2 exams... I got 91 as an end of yr mark but maybe without cheating I would of got 89 (God knows)..
If I would of got 89 I think its okay to go into a course that only needs 85 but I don't know what I really would of got..

(also I got someone to help me in atleast 1 assignment)

But I went into a course that needed 91 but I did bad in university (maybe because God did not help me because I cheated to get there.. or maybe not.. maybe God would still help)
and now I want to go into a course that only needs 85

the problem is I don't know what I really would of got if I never cheated and to complicate things I cheated in at least one exam in university (I should have known better).. and a person or people will consider my previous university studies to decide whether to let me do a course I want to do now

Should I not be allowed to do this 85 course because I should have chose it at the beginning (even though I don't know whether I would of got even 85 if I did not cheat.. but it was maybe only 2 exams) and not chose the other course and should I now be punished?

I don't know if I could explain all that to my FOC and I don't know if he would really know the answer..

maybe I don't understand something about God..

Who has a wise heart who can help me?

What if I want to do a course that only needs 80?

Comments

• Do you think I should not get a end of yr 12 mark at all because I did not report my cheating earlier?
    If I did my teacher would maybe give me a zero on an exam..

What does God think?

Did not God let David keep Bathsheba even though he would never have got her at all if he never plotted the killing of her husband Uriah (?) ?

Did not God still bless Jacob even though he got the blessing by listening to his mothers evil advice (?) ?

Did not God let Jacob keep the sheep (?) that he got by wrong means..

But did they not have a price to pay still? were they not punished by God later?

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=10;threadid=4896;start=0#msg66291 date=1169033634]
    Do you think I should not get a end of yr 12 mark at all because I did not report my cheating earlier?
    If I did my teacher would maybe give me a zero on an exam..

What does God think?

Did not God let David keep Bathsheba even though he would never have got her at all if he never plotted the killing of her husband Uriah (?) ?

Did not God still bless Jacob even though he got the blessing by listening to his mothers evil advice (?) ?

Did not God let Jacob keep the sheep (?) that he got by wrong means..

But did they not have a price to pay still? were they not punished by God later?

i think that you should do the course that is 85, because everyone has made past mistakes and this just happens to be some of what you have done.
    i dont think God would punish somebody in their study especially since God wants us all to work, as long as it doesnt take us away from him, so did you study hard to get good in university? remember that God helps those who help themselves. so you cannot solely rely just on God, you have to do things yourself that you need to be done.

and just as you said above, God still granted and gave all his blessings to these people that did wrong in the past, he did not punish their whole life.

you should really listen to what you have already said!

i just wonder why you ask questions when the answer is right infront of you, i mean, you gave yourself everything u needed to know whats right, but i guess looking at other peoples perspective is good aswell :) ;)
  • someone told me about jacob
    and I thought about David

but they were punished later by God maybe..
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=10;threadid=4896;start=0#msg66294 date=1169039239]
    someone told me about jacob
    and I thought about David

but they were punished later by God maybe..

well i am sure you'll suffer once or more so you can always remeber God next time when you think about cheating.
    Also David was punished and acuilty he chose his punishment which show the great mercy of God.

cheating wouldn't be a rare mistake in our life but a major one for everyone in everything. even church matters there would be cheating. cheating also is another indirct way of deceiving others. so that's not saying the truth which was part of the original sin of Adam and Eve.
  • Also If I know others who cheated in university am I meant to report them?
    or is it not my business?
    there might of been another post about this .. if so I want the link

I found a link

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3517

I want to know if I should report what they did.. even if it was 1 or 2 yrs ago? should I possibly ruin their career?

And I want to know if I should go back to my old school and tell them that I cheated on at least one test in yr 12 and if I should go to my university and say I cheated in atleast one test.

What about people who I remember cheated in school should I now try to report them?

This is a difficult matter..

• no i dont think that you should report what they did, mainly because it is not your business, like what u said.
    and also they chose to cheat, not you, it is up to them to report it, but i am pretty sure they wont, especially if it was something that happened 1 or 2 years ago hehehe. no offense but you really shouldnt be thinking about another persons sins, you should only be thinking about yourself.

by the way, i really think that you should accept the course that is 85, because it can possibly ruin your whole career or even life, and it is also something out of your control aswell.

just take the advantages God gave to you, remember everything is God's will.
  • are you sure God gave them to me?

I accepted the 80 course offer (not sure why it is okay to do it but someone who's opinion I respect said to do it - I may have accepted it before the person said to do it but now I might do it because the person said to do it...)

I wonder if I can accept the 85 course offer..

if I never cheated maybe I would not make 85 but is that good enough reason to reject it?

It doesn't seem God is making it clear to me that I am not to do it therefore I might do it.. I have to make a decision

I think the punishment the law or university or school or whatever (example for cheating) is not always the same God would make if He was judge in the earth..

I know He said to obey authorities

For example the law would say its okay to watch R rated movies if you are over 18 and it might say in some countries now or in the past cut off someones hand for stealing..

So it might not be wise for me to reveal this cheating now to the school I u'se to go to or somewhere else

But I am to accept what discipline the LORD needs to give me for cheating.. maybe He has already disciplined me since I did so bad in the other course I went into or maybe not or maybe I need more discipline

Not sure I am right about everything
  • i think abouna is good for ur situation more than we are.. ur asking things, then gettn gaswers, then reasking.. go talk to a bouna.. u will be satisfied, enshllah
  • you cheated! khalas its done... you mourned and repented... khallas the spiritual part is done... now do good in school... study harder... till you just cant see from reading... and move your fingers writing and flipping the pages... habibi I guarantee you happiness I promise you’ll do good!
  • your situation is a little tough, but you make it harder than it really is.
    yes you cheated and that was wrong, but i think now you realized that it wasn't right and of course now you know your not going to do it again.
    look, get into the 85 course, do the best you can do now. as for God...He needs to be the greatest part in your life
    but i do want you to put one thing in your mind. you talked about David and Jacob, yes you are right about their situation, but i don't want you or anyone to think to yourselves, well even though i did something wrong, God will and/or should let me have what i recieved even though i got it by wrong means. next time do things the right way.

God knows we make mistakes, that's why He is so merciful.
  • god us merciful, and if you confessed then you are forgiven

god bless

pray for me in my studies
  • I plan on staying in this 80 course

"but i don't want you or anyone to think to yourselves, well even though i did something wrong, God will and/or should let me have what i recieved even though i got it by wrong means"

I think you might of thought we were done :(
    but I have a question

am I not being told that God will let me have what I received even though i got it by wrong means? am I not being told that God will let me do the 85 course?

• Mike,

God's will is not discerned through internet discussion forums. You want to do the right thing, but you consistently refuse to take the right advice. You need to speak with your FOC or another clergyman or spiritual adviser. They are God's means of revealing His will--do you want to know God's will or not? You can't bring every minor life uncertainty to the forum and expect to get all the right answers. Again, you need to speak with your FOC or another clergyman or spiritual adviser. How would you feel if you ended up taking a lower grade course when it could have been perfectly fine and moral for you to take a higher course? You're going to rest a life-changing decision on a forum discussion and your own personal and irrational emotional sensitivities?

You cannot trust your own conscience because it is clear to me that you seem to be plagued by very extreme emotional tendencies--remorse, fear, despair etc. that distort a clear and accurate understanding of things. Go see your FOC or another clergyman, I cannot stress how important this is. You will NOT find God's will any other way; you're wasting your time otherwise.
  • if u repented then forget about it, just dont cheat again, also dont cheat in college becasue thatwould get u in a lot of trouble

hope i helped, pray for me

EgY