Pray for Saddam Hussein's Salvation..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is there hope for him?

Comments

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=0#msg65458 date=1167225223]
    Is there hope for him?

may be, the impossbile is possible in God's eyes. but i think you'll panifit more if you do pray for him. so y'll get credit of praying for an evil person like him.
  • true, sorry for asking but what is happening with him.

yes i will Pray fro him ;) good idea..ur sneaky getten alota point p there..lol
  • I think he is going to be hanged or something..
  • so you fell sorry for him because he is going to be hanged? I heard that he is on the news yesterday. I don't understand why you feel soorry for him. Actually i don't even know wut his crime is, i think it has to do with him killing shiites. Wut is bugging me is why is bush fighting the war in Iraq, the # of dead American soldiers passed the # of dead in 9/11
  • [quote author=lsalsa link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=0#msg65484 date=1167246741]
    so you fell sorry for him because he is going to be hanged? I heard that he is on the news yesterday. I don't understand why you feel soorry for him. Actually i don't even know wut his crime is, i think it has to do with him killing shiites. Wut is bugging me is why is bush fighting the war in Iraq, the # of dead American soldiers p***ed the # of dead in 9/11

well what can u do, he's the "President"
  • he was a bad president and i am sure he did something that he deserves to die for. I am not sure if we really should pray for his salvation. Maybe now the U.S will control the country and a new gov't will be established. It will maybe be based on democracy instead of dictatorship as it was during Sadam's time.
  • st paul persecuted christians.. God desires the salvation of all.. but God knows whether he will be saved if he was given longer life right?
  • We should pray for everybody's salvation that's what GOD has taught us. "pray for your enemies, and forgive those who persecute you" sorry I don't know the exact verse but I hope you know what I mean. Eventhough i don't feel sorry for this particular person, we should pray for his sins to be forgiven first, he might not be saves because not all humans understand the mercies of GOD but GOD's mercy might save him when he arrives up there. May GOD forgive his sins and hopefully save him and moreover make him a better person if he had a longer life to live.
    I think him being hanged is a final decision but GOD can do anything He sees right.
    Just Pray.
  • Today is December 29. 2006, at 7:19 PST, and Sadam is now dead. He died just 5 minutes ago. As for his sentence, he was found guilty for the murder of 140 shi'ites. He was also responsible for many other killings in over 40 villages, as well as invading a sovereign country and many many other instances of torturing and brutally killing POWs and dissidents. As far as his salvation, it is impossible. the verse that was quoted, "all things are possible unto god," was misquoted. it refers to believers. thus. all things are possible for those who love the lord, a requirement which Sadam did not meet.
  • He died that's right. But who told you that he didn't repent before he dies? we weren't with him we don't know what was going on in his mind? the thief that was crucified with our Lord Jesus Christ repented in the last few minutes before he dies.
    Praying for his salvation doesn't help anymore but praying for GOD to have mercy on him would help.
    May GOD have mercy on all of us.
  • "..killing POWs and dissidents"

whats a POW? and whats dissidents?

the story is somewhat sad..

how will praying for him help anymore if he did not repent?
  • mikeforjesus,

POW means Prisoner of War.

Dissidents are those who opposed him and his rule (simply speaking).
  • I think Sadam's story is really sad. i feel sorry for the people that think that they can do what they want without anyone questioning them. He thouht thay he was strong but he forgote that no one is strong without God.
    I know we should pray for or enemies but he wasn't our enemy. Anyway we should pray for all the poeple our enemies and even the people that we don't know.
  • thanks Hailemikael
  • God is the God of gods... he takes care of all... his judgement is greater than any judge... lets pray for the salvation of everyone! but first lets beg for ours!
  • [quote author=Eriny link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=0#msg65602 date=1167449617]
    He died that's right. But who told you that he didn't repent before he dies? we weren't with him we don't know what was going on in his mind? the thief that was crucified with our Lord Jesus Christ repented in the last few minutes before he dies.
    Praying for his salvation doesn't help anymore but praying for GOD to have mercy on him would help.
    May GOD have mercy on all of us.

True, i did not see him at his time of execution, and i do not know what he was thinking, but what is the more radical claim, that he repented or that he did not? Obviously, one who has led such a life, would most likely not repent, given his past, his beliefs, and the constraints of his culture. Therefore, logically, the burden of proof lies with you. While i do not discredit the usefulness of praying for him, i simply intend to point out that although our God is merciful, he is also just. He is also a righteous god. He is still and always the "holy one of Israel," and the God of David who smites the wicked and lays to wasted the plots of vain men. He is ever the God of truth, who exposes the vainglory of cowards who dare to think themselves mighty and lords over men, who have the audacity to disregard the existence of the almighty and to spit in the face of his chosen ones. Our God is Life, and light, and light does not abide with darkness, rather it banishes it.
  • Haram alakom ya ness. there is hardly anything in difference of him and bush, Bush is resposible for alot of wars too. I am not saying saddam was good but still...
    as for him repenting, the reporters said he was praying some sort of their prayers(muslim prayers)
    also it is cruel of people to hang him on a holiday
  • [quote author=Abba Mina link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=15#msg65849 date=1168050618]
    Haram alakom ya ness. there is hardly anything in difference of him and bush, Bush is resposible for alot of wars too. I am not saying saddam was good but still...
    as for him repenting, the reporters said he was praying some sort of their prayers(muslim prayers)
    also it is cruel of people to hang him on a holiday

Abba Mina is right. There is hardly a difference between Bush and Saddam. Indeed, Al Jazeera just reported that since the invasion a million Iraqis have died. Secondly, the manner in which they executed Saddam was appalling. They were telling him to go to hell, and were shouting out the name of Muqtada al Sadr. Saddam, meanwhile, was far more dignified. Also, they hung him in the middle of him saying la allah illah wa mohammed el rasoul allah. The whole trial was a joke, and his execution can hardly be called "fair". I have the video of the taunting to Saddam and his actual hanging that im happy to upload if anyone wants. Its not the nicest thing to see, but it is proof to everyone that he went to the grave conducting himself in a dignified manner. As far as im concerned allah yer7amo ya saddam.

Matt
  • Just a thing about praying for the dead... I don't believe that us praying for a dead person can really change God's judgement towards that person...once you die, you are only left with God's justice...as much as He is a God of mercy, He is a God of justice!

Think of the 10 virgin and their lamps, those who were ready went in with the bridegroom, but those who were not were forbidden from entering. Although they went to those who "sell" oil. once you pass away only your deeds can really justify your going into heaven!

Many priests actually say that praying for those who have passed away is really only the benefit of those who are still in the flesh, in both ways. If your praying for the soul of a righteous person, he/she will intercede for you in heaven, if not a righteous person, then you are comforted by the prayer...

my 2 cents
  • Thier is a huge difference between Sadam and Bush. At lest Bush is in war but sadam killed his own people. Sadam enjoyed to see blood and to kill people. I am not saying that Bush is an angle, but i am saying that it was better for the Iraqis to be free with Bush than living in fear every day. Sadam was a nightmare to all the Iraqis but Bush will leave soon.
  • Im not saying Saddam was good, or didnt deserve a trial etc. But the trial he recieved was a joke, the invasion was based on a lie, and his treatment was not according to due process. But in relation to Bush and Saddam, there is no doubt that far more Iraqis have died since the 2003 invasion then the whole time that Saddam reigned. Secondly, in my opinion, it is worse to kill the population of another country than it is to kill people from your own country as a war leads to regional and global instability. Also, if Saddam can be tried for war crimes the leaders (Bush, Blair, Howard etc) who initated the war should also be subject to facing the law. Again, im not defending what Saddam did, but America's policy of "it doesnt matter if you're a bastard as long as you're our bastard" just doesnt stick with me. If Saddam was taken out so should all other political leaders who have carried out heinous crimes. It should not just be the case of the victor carrying out punishment onto the vanquished.

Ma salaama,

Matt
  • Politically speaking I think it was unjustifiable to kill Saddam, since he received punishment under American law. However, I do think he deserved it - i know, we're not in the position to judge- but he killed thousands of people and no justice was served there. He ruined the lives of the Iraqis when he was in power; he was completely ruthless and cold-hearted. The things he did were completely inhumane...burying people alive, going into weddings and taking the bride for himself if he liked her, feeding people's bodies to dogs, ma-ss murders with poisonous gases..

and so what if it was his religious holiday...he does all that and now all of a sudden religion means something to him..?
  • my brother says

"i think you guys forgot about all the thousands that he killed...it's a good sentiment that we pray for anyone's salvation...but think about why this forum actually started...no one got to see any videos of the people that he killed, the true reason for our sympathies is because we saw him getting killed and forgot about those that he murdered"
  • I think it's beautiful you guys are talking about praying for Saddam. We should also think about praying for the people who bother us in daily life in small ways...
  • I just want to say a small thing and I don't want you guys to get mad at me. It is not about praying for Saddam himself, let me clarify this, he is a bad guy, we all know that, and may be he repented, somebody said that a person like that won't repent, basically u r not GOD u can't judge him, u don't know what happened. The idea of execution itself is wrong, yes maybe we felt sorry for him because we had to see him get hanged, but think about it; you are killing somebody, who made you GOD? the next question to me will be "yeah and who made Saddam GOD?" my answer is no one made him God but does that mean because he killed people we should kill him. GOD is just, we all agreed on that before, so just leave it for GOD. Maybe he needed more time to repent, we just didn't give him that time, and that's what we do with every bad person (we think they are bad) when we hang them. HUMANS ARE HANGING HUMANS, THE IDEA ITSELF IS COMPLETELY WRONG.
  • [quote author=Maryann07 link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=15#msg65870 date=1168107128]
    Politically speaking I think it was unjustifiable to kill Saddam, since he received punishment under American law. However, I do think he deserved it - i know, we're not in the position to judge- but he killed thousands of people and no justice was served there. He ruined the lives of the Iraqis when he was in power; he was completely ruthless and cold-hearted. The things he did were completely inhumane...burying people alive, going into weddings and taking the bride for himself if he liked her, feeding people's bodies to dogs, ma-ss murders with poisonous gases..

and so what if it was his religious holiday...he does all that and now all of a sudden religion means something to him..?

That's actually not true. He was judge under the iraqi officials and was hanged under their decision, he wanted to have a firing squad but the iraq officials declined that.
  • oh i guess i was misinformed on that...thanks for clarification; but it still doesnt change my opinion. I agree with copticchica in that - although we shouldnt play God...some sort of justice must be served. Whether thats torture, imprisonment, death, etc.

Hmm..in light of this topic, it makes me think...Christ's blood was shed for us out of mercy, not justice. The just thing to do was throw us all in hell since the wages of sin is death afterall...
  • [quote author=EpNomos EnTaio link=board=1;threadid=4809;start=0#msg65601 date=1167448907]
    . As far as his salvation, it is impossible. the verse that was quoted, "all things are possible unto god," was misquoted. it refers to believers. thus. all things are possible for those who love the lord, a requirement which Sadam did not meet.

You are not a God to judge him or say whether or not his salvation is gone...The first man to enter the kingdom of heaven was a thief and unto the last min he was still a theif hangin on the closs but he repented and God remebered him ...Do not judge anyone's salvation...
    Let me ask you something? do we enter the kingdom of heaven with our hearts or bodies? no one knows sadam's heart expect for the Lord all mighty and no one knows if he even blieved in Christ in his last secs

Becarful of what you say about others and there salvation because it might influence the youth
  • I agree with you that salvation is in the heart, but i think what is in the heart show in the face. I mean that at the last sec. of his hanging he didn't show any repentence act. He didn't cry and he didn't ask for forgivness infront of anyone. His only request was to be killed with a gun. I am with that we need to pray for any sinner but him rebenting is a guess but him NOT rebenting is a stronger guess ( almost true) and i have another question, If Sadam rebented so may-be hitlar did too?
  • I dont think Saddam repented...come on, his last words were "ya ilahy il allah Mohammad rasool Allah"