Do you get it?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
"A young man often justifies himself when he falls in love with a certain young woman and has a romantic relationship with her by saying that he has no evil intentions or any lustful thoughts, and that he lives with his love and thoughts in a holy temple. I say to this young man: “Beware of the wiles of Satan, for he is crafty and his victims are strong" . You are overconfident. Your enemy, the devil, is fighting you, but this time with trickery and deception.

Lust has found a resting place in you, and you have given in to it. He does not need to arouse it in you, for it already possesses you and has enslaved you. The strange thing is that while you are under its sway, the devil fools you into thinking that you are leading a pure life. That is why I want to warn you about this deception."

From
Toward a Sound View of Emotion
by
Archdeacon Ramsis Naguib

http://www.abusefein.org.au/resources/articlesindex.html
http://www.youthbishopric.com/library/ArticlesLibrary/English/37.htm

There might be copyright..

I DON'T THINK I GET IT..
the youth has lust in his heart but he doesn't know it?

Comments

• The reason why the youth does not know that he has lust in his heart is because he is too overconfident in his ability to resist temptation. He is blatantly saying that the devil has no power over me. In the second paragraph you quoted, he goes on to mention that the devil has already infiltrated his heart and fooling him in believing that he is leading a pure life.
  • just to elaborate more on that..

Satan has fooled him into believing he is not in danger of sin because he is in a pure relationship, while in reality satan is planting in him seeds of lust and desire which will almost deffenetly lead to greater sin unless he decides to get him self out of this vulnerable state by getting away from the temptation [the relationship]..

• But he would know if he had evil thoughts or not would he not?

why would it be dangerous to be a friend with a girl who he has no evil thoughts with?

• It's not talking about friendship it's talking about romantic relationships.
  • Isnt romance related to having an attachment to someone?.. is not that part of friendship then?

as long as the person is not having lustful thoughts even though he likes to talk to a beautiful woman.. where is the sin?

• Well anyone who decided to continue in a romantic relationship sort of thing should ask himself first: How old am I? if I'm under age then there is absolutely no point in continuing in a relationship that will have no end, how do you know that your feelings are not gonna change after a bit of time, how can you say that you are strong against temptation? btw I'm not talking about friendship, coz friendship is a great thing and there is absolutely nothing wrong with boys having good friendship with girls, but what i mean is having a romantic relationship at a young age (especially teenage age), guys take your time and enjoy your life and let everything come in the correct time, don't rush, finish off your studies and then think about romantic relationships so that you can be stable and on the same time your feelings will be stable and won't change towards the person that you would stay with the rest of your life.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4551;start=0#msg62525 date=1162200590]
    Isnt romance related to having an attachment to someone?.. is not that part of friendship then?

as long as the person is not having lustful thoughts even though he likes to talk to a beautiful woman.. where is the sin?

theres the sin right there.. thinking she's a beautiful woman. how can you be sure that thoughts like that will not turn into lustful thoughts ?? & that those lustful thoughts will then turn into intentions.. and then those intentions might lead to actions. saying 'i'm in control' and 'i'm strong enough to resist' are the thoughts of a fool. if you are thinking like this then you need to have a bit of quiet time to cotemplate on whats going on... [iim not aiming that at you mikeforjesus, but anyone reading this post.]

feel free to ask me to explain further if needed.
  • No need for this comment
  • Sorry, i wrote that completely wrong. what i meant to say was that thinking in that way [& only thatway] about a girl LEADS to sin...
  • in what way? that she is beautiful?
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4551;start=0#msg62654 date=1162463431]
    in what way? that she is beautiful?

no no.. ive completely messed up lol. you can think someone is beautiful but that shouldnt be all you think of her.. a 'beautiful girl' . does that make more sence ?