Regarding deaconship

We all know where to find the hymns... but is there a guide on what to do when in the altar itself? i.e. time for shoria.. 3 candels.. etc etc ??

Comments

• i think it says it in the kholagy, only the arabic one which has 'khedmat el shamas' on it that is the service of the deacon

it has in arabic 'some' details and maybe they have made new english liturgy books with all the details in, i saw the liturgy book for children with pictures in it and describe nearly most of the traditions.
  • Hey Child of Christ,

I am not sure where you live or which church you goto, but I have found from experience, that the best place to find such a detailed mass book (kholagy) is in the monestry. I have once seen a kolagy that details every action/saying said by the deacons during the mass. Coptic education books are the best for that. Kepp asking around, especially the deacons at your local Church.

God Bless,

His son
  • i have the book khedmet shamas in arabic but the problem is i cant read arabic (i use it for coptic) I am lucky it has an english table of contents.
    Does anyone know if there is an english version
  • I hope this book could help you a bit.

The Divine Liturgy of St. Basil - (Step by Step explanations) by Fr. Abraam Sleman
    http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/liturgy/liturgy_of_st_basil.pdf

May God bless you.