I've been wondering ....

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've been wondering for a long time: How do you contemplate on the Holy Communion? From the moment you walk in church, until you walk out of church.

I want to hear how you guys do it. What goes through your mind?
not only the communion but for the readings , the sermon that will be given on that day for example
so like to hear from you guys

Comments

• well usually i feal the power of the Holy Communion that whilst i am taking it, i contemplate in a way that i state to myself- i have just received the BOD and Blood of MY Christ, the oe who came on earth to save me. My redeemer and my GOD, the one i have loved all my life and have worshiped.

Also the Prayer before and after communion is a good preperation for the Communion.

that is my insight on this subject
    hope i helped
  • any other reply
    I want to hear how you guys do it. What goes through your mind?
  • well yostina, try reading book about how to benefit from liturgy.
    http://www.coptichymns.org/index.php?module=pagesetter&tid=1&pubcnt=100

i read the book by H.G. Bishop Mettaous ( the first one) ,it is really good and helped me alot in concentrating during the prayers and to understand many things that happen during liturgy.the more you understand what is going on and why ,the more you focus and benefit from liturgy.
  • is it this book more for the deacon and the priests
    what about us the ladies who can't enter the hakel or pray frond of the hakel
  • you don`t have to be a deacon to try understanding each and every prayer during the liturgy.all the prayers are for everyone so i think everyone should understand what is going even during secret prayers ( ex. when Fr. ask forgiveness for everyone ,although it is secret prayer but it is important for everyone to know when it is prayed )
  • girls should still go to church even though they are not allowed in the alter.they should go to church do the agypeya prayers and attend the liturgy and particapte in there church.so what if girls are not deacons?we are all brothers and sisters of christ and we are all one.

pray for me,
    mary
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=1;threadid=4037;start=0#msg56566 date=1150805776]
    you don`t have to be a deacon to try understanding each and every prayer during the liturgy.all the prayers are for everyone so i think everyone should understand what is going even during secret prayers ( ex. when Fr. ask forgiveness for everyone ,although it is secret prayer but it is important for everyone to know when it is prayed )

That is very correct shnoda, I agree, you don't have to be a deacon to understand what is going on, you know there are books, for liturgy's, and we have this book, that has red print, and it tells you what is going on in the alter, or what Abouna is reading, you know maybe girls can't be deacons, but we could know more about the alter or what is going on than the other deacons, and I believe that, that is true! Ok, back to the topic, I feel goosebumps sometimes, and shivers, because I'm a sinner, and I'm not holy enough to take it, but it is a blessing!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • true but..u guyz said girls are not allowed to go in the alter at all..how come we still go in at comiuniun time? isnt that wrong tho? i've always wanted to ask that question but i just didn't get a chance to!

GBU
    sandra
  • actually only abouna and the deacons are allowed in the alter no one else. when he is giving communion at our church we only have 1 alter so the other two sides of it people can come in to take the communion but nobody is allowed in the actual alter unless you are abouna or a deacon.

God Bless and Pray for me
  • Quote by jydeacon
    "actually only abouna and the deacons are allowed in the alter no one else."

Not necessarily because I know in my church that there is a men's side and a ladies side and whenever you go in, you must take your shoes off. You would not have to take off your shoes if the ground is not holy.
  • yes that is true but the actual alter where the Body and Blood is all the time during the Liturgy is what i am talking about i think it is called the mezbah or something like that. i could be mistaken though any body feel free to correct me.
  • I think you are right that it is called Mesbah, and you are right that nobody that is not a deacon (singer, reader, subdeacon, deacon, archdeacon) are not allowed TO TOUCH THE FLOOR OF THE ALTAR! Any layman may be carried to Abouna on the altar or may wait in the men or women's side of the altar.