Favourite Bible Verse PERTAINING to Holy Week

edited April 2006 in Youth Corner
Hey Everyone, I hope we have all enjoyed as well as thanked God;

[center]"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16.[/center]

I just wanted you to take a few minutes to tell me your name and favourite Holy Week Bible Verse.

Since I am the one starting this I might as well tell you mine.

My name is Peter Morcos, and my favourite Holy Week Bible Verse is as follows:

[center]"But he was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed." - Isaiha 53:5.[/center]

From a personal view point, this is a very deep and touching verse. I strongly believe that the basis of Holy Week is BASED on this Verse.

P.S. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Have a Happy EASTER

[coptic]<rictoc Anecty
Aly;oc Anecty[/coptic]

Comments

• I was glad with those who said to me to go to the House of the Lord is my favorite. But I love all the psalms of the Pascha, and It really touches u deep inside when you read or hear 1 in coptic in the tune. ;) :D
  • fav verses from the book of james..ma fav book in the bible..

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been proven, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him

James 2:26 for as the body without the works is dead, so faith without the works is dead also.

James 4:7 therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you

James 5:15 is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.

James 4:13-14 come now, you who say, ‘today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, make a profit’; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? is it even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away

i chose these ones casue they all have really good meaning to them!!

• Thank You guys for such wonderful verses.

As Josephgabriel said,

It really touches u deep inside when you read or hear a psalm in coptic the tune.

Yes you don't know how true that is.

Remembering the 12th hour of Good Friday, the Psalm of [coptic]Peke;ronoc `nte `Vnou] sa `eneh [/coptic]

• I really don't have a favorite verse, all the verses are touching and deep, and Holy Week is my all-time favorite week of the entire year, Holy Week is 24-7 365 days a year for me...but what I love alot is 12th Hour of Good Friday: Lamentations in the tune...it's so deep and touching
  • oops sorry ignore the verse before...i didnt read the PERTAINING to the holy week bit... :-[

im embarrased...lol
  • coming back to my earlier point, there is an undescribable feeling, whenever I say any Pascha Psalm in the beautiful tune. Its hard to put it but Ill try... its like you feel so deep in your heart and soul that you are prasing the great Lord who sacrificed himself on the cross. normally becasue of my weakness I feel that it happened long ago, and his sufferings werent that bad. but when i read one of the psalm, i feel like crying for my soul and i am deeply touched.... :'(

[coptic]pekethronos[/coptic] is a beautiful psalm, on 12th hour of Friday, and i also love [coptic]nagagi[/coptic] on the 6th hour of Wednesday.
  • hi joseph my brother!
  • All the Gospels on Good Friday, especially the Sixth hour ofcourse and the Ninth hour. Like in the Sixth hour when The Gospels say that our Lord Jesus Christ was spat on and stuff it just makes you wonder how God himself sent His Son for us to be treated like that and the best part that gets to me is that He just takes it and doesn't say a word unlike us if someone does something to us we flip out.
  • Wow! that is very true, come to think of it, yes Jesus has taken a lot of shame for our sake and we can't even take in a simple insult that means nothing. people did so many bad things to Him and He, instead of screaming at them He screamed to God and said "FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO".