How will we be judged?

edited December 2010 in Faith Issues

Comments

• Well I'm pretty sure that no one has not judged someone else, so I think we're all guilty of that, so we are all obviously going to be judged.

Also, I think what you posted up from Matthew 7:1-2 is the key verse here. "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."
    So, I guess God will judge us based on how we judge others and treat others.

Also, this is what we say during the Lord's Prayer, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." So, I guess He will judge us and forgive us based on how we treat other people. So if we LOVE one another, He will LOVE us. I guess that's why people say Love is the greatest virtue.

As for the guilt thing, I think that when we repent, God just forgives our sins, but does not remove that guilty feeling we have for commiting that sin. I think it's that feeling of guilt that is inside us that keeps us from doing that sin again after we repent, so maybe God wants us to keep that feeling of guilt inside us.

Of course I have no idea how God will judge us because my mind is so limited, but these are just my thoughts.

God bless.
  • habibti, this question cannot be answered... and if a person comes up and answeres it... they are placing themselves in the place of God...

"God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work"

God is a just judge... thats all you need to know... "That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge."
  • wow, schoolbishoy, your reply made me feel guilty for giving an answer to that question, because your right.
  • the verses don’t contradict each other... you just need to search what the fathers said about it... but don’t ask how you will be judged because you'll be judged according to your doings and God's love...there is no right way or wrong way... as God said in revelation

the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books

God is a God of love… if God was not merciful then all of us would go to hell… because the wager of sin is death. I am sure there is no one of us without a sin… just keep in your mind that God is a fair and just God... yet He is full of Love and compassion!
  • Now God is full of love and compassion and mercy and forgiveness; HOWEVER, He wont be like this comes judgment day.

He is going to be fair, the wages of sin= death (hell), therefore we will be held accountable for every sin we committed and have not repented for. So we shouldnt get used to this merciful God, cuz if we do then comes judgment day he will frankly say " Go away from me, I know you not! "

He who denies me before man, I will deny before my Father in heaven.....

:( scarrry..cuz we deny him every time we sin.
  • I believe there is a misconception of the text here. There are two instances of judgment addressed by Nene; judgments by the standards of God and judgments by the standards of man. However, to conjoin the two judgments as being identical can be a detrimental mistake. The word judgment is used differently in each scenario on the basis of context. Here, the context is faceted around the person performing the act of judgment.
    As Christ speaks of the judgment to come at the last Day, He uses an elucidatory means of explanation on behalf of His listeners, so that they may ascertain the truth. Accordingly, the term judgment is used, metaphorically, for our benefit. When the Scriptures explicate Christ's coming to judge the world in righteousness it is not at all the same type of judgment that we have commonly associated "judgment" as being. Our imaginations may present before us a setting in which a great Man, clothed in long robes or a garment of majesty and enthroned with an extravagant crown on His head, will come down to judge each man's deeds in a consecutive fashion--to which we will be asked to promptly reply with whatever excuse we may construe at the moment. While the reader may reply that such an image is grossly misrepresentative of their envisioned imagination of that last judgment....I would simply reply, "that is precisely the point I am making". Our imaginations deceive us into believing that God’s judgment is pictured as judgment we would ensue were we in the position of God.

Thus, in concurrence with partially of what socoolbishoy had propounded, it would be an erroneous assumption to depict the judgment God places on man by any human laden logic. The biblical scriptures make it definitively clear that God's ways are far from the ways of man. The judgment of God is an incomprehensible moment of timeless rapture in which God will judge every man's deeds with divine precision, even if all simultaneously. His judgments would not be placed in a ephemeral setting where time elapses--as we anxiously await to hear the next wrong thing we did or did not do.
    Furthermore, it is not a judgment on the basis of whether we have followed the application of a moral law, as man's judgments are unconscientiously fashioned upon. For the very consummate and Being from Whom that moral law flows will be present before us to judge on His own authority. To put in another sense, one might say that the very Moral Law itself will judge us on the basis of Itself--that Christ will judge us on the basis of our relationship to Him and the moral law that intrinsically flows from His personhood.
    [glow=yellow,2,300]Esakla23 is correct in her analysis. There is no actual contradiction on the matter of judgment. For, we will be infallibly judged by whether or not we have applied our self-referentially errant judgment upon others.[/glow] Ultimatley, one must grant that the judgment God uses is completely distinct form the judgment we use. God would judge on the basis of Himself and the Father Who lives in Him....we would judge on the basis of Christ, if we were to choose to make any judgment at all. We will be judged based upon whether we have judged in and through Christ's name or whether we have judged through our own admonition. If we have forgiven others and applied Christ's mercy to their actions rather then our own admonition, our Lord's judgment upon us becomes an ineffable grace. Although it is still a judgment; it is a judgment of absolute mercy, so not a judgment in the sense that we know.

“Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
    your justice like the great deep.”

God Bless.