"God, God, Where art thou?"

2»

Comments

• I dont know how to explain what I mean... but for almost two years... Ive been going up and down... so now I just give up... Im not gonna try anymore... if God wants me, he'll respond...
  • He does want you...but you are free to choose if you want Him or not..He doesn't pressure you to come to Him
  • I promise. I promise He will show you.

dont you think He would've shown by now?
  • How do you want Him to "show"?
  • Therefore, everything is in DUE TIME.. maybe He wanted you to go through this to become stronger when you find your answer

do you really think I'm Getting strong? c'mon out of all people!
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=30#msg50813 date=1143137931]
    dont you think He would've shown by now?

Socoolbishoy read this story:

The rain was falling and the water level was rising. As the water level rose higher and higher, forcing the man onto the roof of his house, along came a rowboat with an offer to take him to safer ground. "No, thanks." the man replied. "The Lord will provide."

As the water got higher, alone came someone in a motorboat with another offer to take the man to safer ground. "No thanks, the Lord will supply."

Standing on the very top of his chimney with a helicopter hovering overhead offering to take him to safer ground, he yelled out, "Thanks, but no thanks. The Lord will provide." The rapidly rising water finally swept the man off the top of his house, taking him downstream toward destruction.

While being swept alone in the rapids, he cried out, "Lord, why didn't you help me? You know I was trusting in You." He heard a voice say, "I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat, and a helicopter. What more did you want me to do?"

Socoolbishoy wake up! Our Lord is trying to send you a message. God is speaking through all the people on this site who are trying to help you. God has shown himself already and has talked to you personally. Do not ignore these signals. God loves you and he wants you to love him back. Remember, God would not let us all speak to you if He didn't love you.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • That's a really nice story "Godhelpme3691"! thx for sharing it!

God gave us freewill because He trusts us as His children to make the right decision. Say you were giving a lesson in Sunday school, and the kids knew you were teaching. Would you rather have someone forced to your class or have freewill to attend the class because they love you teaching. There's a difference! God doesn't want to force us to love Him. Although it would feel easier if it were like that, but God wants to feel the love from His own children because it’s the meaning that counts in the end.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=30#msg50808 date=1143137085]
    if God wants me, he'll respond...

11And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him. 12And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Jesus that many times.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

If you don't beleive in God, then what do you beleive? Explain where does the world, the miracles and the hope of the saints come from. How did those who wrote the bible were able to write all these things with the little knowledge they had? And were the saints waisting all their time and effort for no reason? no, they had hope. You can find a lot of verses about hope.

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

• [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=30#msg50818 date=1143138786]

Therefore, everything is in DUE TIME.. maybe He wanted you to go through this to become stronger when you find your answer

do you really think I'm Getting strong? c'mon out of all people!

I will tell you a little story... might not be of much significance but I'll give it a shot...

There was once this girl whom had felt the whole world had forsaken her. She felt alone, so alone as to no one cared whether she lived or died, was well or not. She fell into a deep depression, sometimes crying just to empty the sorrow out of her heart. Her ache was beyond that imaginable. She felt as if she was in the end of a bottomless pit, that no one could ever help her. And then, in the last hour, God shined into her life. She was so filled with his love that she felt as if God was the one and only desire in her life. She was so full of love for him... I can't even begin to describe...

AND YES, THIS IS A TRUE STORY... I PERSONALLY KNOW THIS GIRL MYSELF...

And you may ask, why did God wait until the last hour to help her? Because in that way she was made as strong as possible. So be patient. Look for God. Know and believe in your heart that he is there, and you will feel completely different.
  • Aghaby everyone.

What i'd think?

The Lord says: "Bisho, Bisho were are you?"

I see the Lord everyday though He is Spirit. Yet He revealed Himself to me, a mortal, because He is Love. He has offered His Son for me. And what have I done for Him?!

As His adopted son I want, need and expect a lot of Him. I also keep on telling Him show Yourself to me. He says: haven't you seen Me yet? Haven't you many times felt Me too? I am everywhere! Or do you try me? My son, humble yourself and you'll naturally see me. Think! Are the gifts of the Holy Spirit the same for everybody?

Men teach you: seeing is believing, I tell you many of my blessed children believe without even daring ask to see me. To some, I show wonders for the Glory of My Name. My son, can you bear to see me and remain humble! You want to see me again: can you then fast 40 days in true purity and heartly prayers like the Saints of the Winning Church who constantly witness My children deeds?

I have indeed revealed Myself to you my child. I have seen you and you have seen Me! Every human looks at Me but not all can see Me. I even spoke to you and you spoke to Me!

You want to see Me again: walk-by doing good to the miserable. That will burn your heart with My Love, and I will abide in you. You should help My Church for every tree that does not bear fruit will be cut down!

One day you may remember that, and say: I helped You Lord, I gave you food and clothes though I was at times in need. I gave you shelter under my roof. I cleaned your wounds. Then I will let you come to Me My child because you have done My Will, and sit by My Side, at My Right in peace and welcome into My Kingdom! I am proud of you and I know your tribulations and your efforts for Me. I know your true devotion, your faith and your love.

This thread is your thread socoolbishoy I know but I post some thoughts. I won't rely on my own thoughts if you wouldn't rely on your own!

Socoolbishoy, I pray and hope God removes lots of "flies" from around you. I wish you don't let bias distort your faith: shield yourself in prayers. Who doesn't sin daily? Surely every body repent and pray.

some "pictures" here too (not icons):
    http://thebiblerevival.com/clipart.htm
    (Collection #25 +)
    http://karenswhimsy.com/bible-clipart.htm

These remind us of Him so we can see Him when He visits us
    He also visits and honors us in many different ways.. and in Person

off topic, may I (after reading your signature):
    Orthodox Christianity without science is not blind.
    God created Einstein brain that allowed his discoveries.

Salam wa Ne3ma.
    (Forgive me and pray for me. Didn't have intentions to post in this blessed forum before some time because I need to clean my head and my conscience of many odd things.)
  • just try this,

every night, ask the lord this:

"My Lord, i want you, i need you, i seek you, but i cannot seem to find you. Open my heart that i may see your sweet love"

say this every night. Say it with enthusiasm and dont be like thomas, who needs to see to believe, but blessed are the faithuful!!!!

thats all i have to say
    i'll pray for you cus i know how it feels, i was in a similar situation 2 yrs ago...its a tough trial, but you will win!! ;)
  • Socool,

When U get into a situation in life when u are wanting /needing Christ He is there. Think of the people in the world that are not at liberty to express their religous views ( Which I know first hand)
    God Bless U

GER
  • Hasn't God shown Himself anyway? Isn't the Word of God, the Holy Bible, His words? Isn't the Body that we partake of in the holy Eucharist His body? Isn't that His blood? Hasn't he shown us His body and blood and spoken to us through the Bible? So when we gather on Sunday morning and partake of His holy and blessed mysteries are we not seeing God and hearing His word? Don't we have the Holy Spirit in us at all times? Isn't God the Father everywhere and always watching over us? So in all these things assuredly i say to you, He has shown himself unto us.
  • Nicely said Andrew Saad ! ;)
  • I dont know how to explain what I mean... but for almost two years... Ive been going up and down... so now I just give up... Im not gonna try anymore... if God wants me, he'll respond...

Of course God wants you socoolbishoy but you cannot think to force God to do anything because that pleases you, otherwise we will have a situation where from now on, any person would rather notify the Lord "I will not have real faith unless I see You right now".

Maybe the Lord would have let you seen Him earlier if you opened your heart more and let Him in... but now it may be more of a remote possibility? You shouldn't stick to your idea of seeing Him because He decides by His Wisdom how and when He lets you see Him for your own sake.

Let me tell you something socoolbishoy: I have been under stress most years of my life, have much sinned, lost all my money, almost lost my family, have had most of my life fights with my own mother who even extended fights to jobs I lost, I used to blame many FOCs I knew too. I was so very angry with God and blamed Him much and had deadly doubts for long... but all this was serious loss because I suddenly discovered He intervenes with a lot of Love and Care, and had to admit I was that blinded so deeply.

Our Lord wants to save everybody, including those who hurt us bad or exploit us, because His Love is true and just. He forgives us although we must accept blame and the consequences of our sinful acts (but He can turn them into goodness).

I know that: doubts are due to sustained stress and this is always invested by the devil. In fact, the devil is trying hard to freeze your heart and your brain. Will you let him win your whole life? this round? or just humbly return and repent to the Lord?

I strongly suggest you continue praying even short prayers (force yourself) especially mornings and before sleep. Read some or all these books, they give insights on life and some of the devil schemes against us.

http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Pope Shenouda/Spiritual Means.pdf

http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Fr. Tadros Malaty/Divine Justice.pdf
    http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Fr. Tadros Malaty/Short Stories.pdf
    http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Fr. Tadros Malaty/LET ME GROW!.pdf
    http://www.copticnet.com/Articles/English Articles/ORTHODOXY AND PRACTICAL LIFE.pdf

http://www.copticnet.com/Audio/Sermons/Fr. Tadrous Malaty Sermons/English Sermons/POWER OF PRAYER.mp3
    http://www.copticnet.com/Audio/Sermons/Fr. Tadrous Malaty Sermons/English Sermons/THE PARALYTIC MAN.mp3

May God relieve your problem soon. Remember: there is no sin that God will not forgive.

• [center]"every time I come to you oh Lord... Your words shew me away"[/center]

Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The LORD has not appeared to you.’”
    So the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?”
    He said, “A rod.”
    And He said, “Cast it on the ground.” So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail” (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), “that they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”
    Furthermore the LORD said to him, “Now put your hand in your bosom.” And he put his hand in his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous, like snow. And He said, “Put your hand in your bosom again.” So he put his hand in his bosom again, and drew it out of his bosom, and behold, it was restored like his other flesh. “Then it will be, if they do not believe you, nor heed the message of the first sign, that they may believe the message of the latter sign. And it shall be, if they do not believe even these two signs, or listen to your voice, that you shall take water from the river and pour it on the dry land. The water which you take from the river will become blood on the dry land.”
    Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”
    So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”
    But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.”
    So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Lemvite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do. So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God. And you shall take this rod in your hand, with which you shall do the signs.”
    Moses Goes to Egypt

So Moses went and returned to Jethro his father-in-law, and said to him, “Please let me go and return to my brethren who are in Egypt, and see whether they are still alive.”
    And Jethro said to Moses, “Go in peace.”
    Now the LORD said to Moses in Midian, “Go, return to Egypt; for all the men who sought your life are dead.” Then Moses took his wife and his sons and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt. And Moses took the rod of God in his hand.
    And the LORD said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go. Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.”’”
    And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the LORD met him and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision.
    And the LORD said to Aaron, “Go into the wilderness to meet Moses.” So he went and met him on the mountain of God, and kissed him. So Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which He had commanded him. Then Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel. And Aaron spoke all the words which the LORD had spoken to Moses. Then he did the signs in the sight of the people. So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.
    (Exodus 4)

why doesnt God show signs... BUT NEVER TO ME!
  • Socoolbishoy, your comment reminds me of that: Our Lord Jesus Christ made miracles all day and yet people came to ask Him for a sign. So he told them that the only sign they'll be given is the sign of Jonas, He meant His Resurrection the third day.

After His Resurrection, He walked and sat with two of His Disciples and they didn't recognize him. He helped them by the sign of giving thanks and breaking bread, after that they could see Him.

Luke 24:13-35

13Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16but they were kept from recognizing him.

17He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?"

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"

19"What things?" he asked.

"About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."

25He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26Did not the Christ[b] have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" 27And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

28As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther. 29But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them.

30When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

33They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon." 35Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

Sometimes I pray the Lord to show me a sign to clarify some matter and guide me. This sign can be obvious or not. The Lord allows such signs to us almost every day, but we may go by and not notice any.

But I do not think it is correct to try the Lord asking Him to perform wonders and signs for us.

God gave Moses the power to make his people worship Him and see how He is more powerful, even against the pharaoh, the idols and the priests.
  • Socoolbishoy, your comment reminds me of that: Our Lord Jesus Christ made miracles all day and yet people came to ask Him for a sign. So he told them that the only sign they'll be given is the sign of Jonas, He meant His Resurrection the third day.

More specifically Luke 11:29-30

29 And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, “This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.30 For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation.

• Bishoy ive read many of ur posts before and they really show that u have a lot of faith in God, u cant just lose all the faith that u once had as if it never were. Many people go through times of doubt, times without hope, times when we fall, but it doesnt mean that you should give up your faith. You dont need to see God or wait for Him to speak to u, God is in ur heart, God loves u, and thats more than enough

I also read this email

SPEAK TO ME GOD!!!

The man whispered, "God, speak to me"
    and a meadowlark sang.
    But the man did not hear.

So the man yelled "God speak to me!"
    And the thunder rolled across the sky.
    But the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God let me see you."
    And a star shined brightly.
    But the man did not notice.

And the man shouted, "God show me a miracle!"
    And a life was born.
    But the man did not know.

So the man cried out in despair,
    "Touch me God, and let me know you are here!"
    Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man.
    But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged
    the way that you expect.
  • God cannot show you a personal direct sign because there is no need today for personal, direct signs! We have the Bible, we have wonderful people inside and out of our church, we hear about medical marvels and stranger than fiction events everyday... THESE ARE SIGNS. Also, keep in mind, if you see what you believe it's not faith, it's just knowing you have 20/20 vision and comprehended that God sent you a sign. Our religion requires FAITH (believing without seeing) from the vast majority of its congregation. God doesn't send you a personal sign because he knows that you don't need a blatant sign to know he's there. God knows that deep down you do not need to see to believe.

Also, remember that God loves you and God wants you with Him, however he is not going to force Himself upon you. He wants you to come to Him, and to believe in Him by choice, not b/c he's forcing himself upon you with sign after sign.

And finally, to conclude this random post don't give up on faith because you've failed a few times, because trust me, I've probably failed a thousand more times than you have..I'm not exactly ms. Holy girl of the year. Just keep trying at it, and ask God to help you as much as possible.

Well, as you have probably noticed, I'm not the best giver of advice, but I hope you my strange, random point did get across