"God, God, Where art thou?"

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
[center]"God, God, Where art thou?" [/center]

my mind always have questioned such a question... and to such a question not one answer was received... thus my solution is give up faith.... or should I say I give up Christianity... I am just sick of it all... sick of wasting my time... sick of reading the bible... sick of reading about the dogma, and the sayings of the fathers... and all these things... Im sick of talking to that damn wall every morning and every night... I am just sick of it all... I even announced my giving up on religion... I have studied comparative theology... all are just too much... ummm lets just leave it there... but to me I have sworn... not to enter a church... or any places of worship until God... shows me who he is or just to show me if He even exists... if you want respond be my guests…

lol... sorry for wasting your time... but thought to let you know my views... before reading my other posts... and its GREAT to be back to the site bye the way...

Comments

• Look inside your heart. There you will find GOD.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • Godhelpme had it straight there. "Do you not know that you are the temple of God?" Which means that Christ is inside you. Do look for him anywhere else. Seek deep inside your heart, there you will find the Saviour.

God doesn't have to be in flesh and visual for him to exist, he is beyond that. "Many prohets and righteous man have desired to see the things which you see and and have not seen them, and to hear the things which you hear and have not heard them. But as for you, blessed are your eyes, for they see, and blessed are your ears, for they hear."
  • "socoolbishoy" God is always with you. Stop ignoring Him! Open you mind and eyes and you will find Him carrying you! Remember Christ said "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
    Read the bottom, it explains that He is always next to you in good and bad times. You just need to let God IN and he will reveal Himself to you!

[center]Footprints in the Sand[/center]

[center]One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
    other times there was one only.
    This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
    when I was suffering from anguish,
    sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints,
    so I said to the Lord,
    “You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
    there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
    The Lord replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
    my child, is when I carried you.”[/center]

God be with you!
  • Where is God, you ask...

"Behold, I stand at the door of your heart and knock. He who hears my voice and opens I will dwell in him. " - - Christ

Listen carefully when he knocks. God is right here my friend, you just refuse to listen.

• PLEASE READ

You know socoolbishoy I used to be just like you, I used to question my faith. I used to say to myself "what if God isn't real, what if all of this is made up, false, a theory?" At one point I declared that GOD wasn't real. Until something happened the next day, that would change my life forever. The next day was the worst day of my entire life. I felt a horrible feeling from inside, something that can only be described as sheer terror. I felt a dark, cold, lonely feeling, a feeling of disconnection. My mind wandered in misery. I had no hope, I felt like I committed a murder. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't think straight. I felt like the world was closing in on me. I went on through this miserable state of mind through the entire day. Until this quote came to my mind, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. I had found out my mistake. I had cut the connection with my LORD. I was like a lamp not plugged in to the electricity. A lamp not plugged in to the electricity is useless, and is to be thrown in the garbage. But when a lamp is plugged in, it lights up. Not only does it light up, it gives off light to other parts of the room. If you do not have the connection with GOD, GOD will have no part in your life. You will be useless, lonely, and will have no hope, no love, and no real purpose in life.

If you want proof that God exists, look in the mirror. Look at how your fingers are placed, look at how you have a mind and are able to think, look at how all the organs in your body work together to form a human being. Do you think all of this was by mistake? Do you think all this was a coincidence? No. This only points to one all knowing, all powerful being that is creator of everything, and gave his only begotten son for our lives. There is only one answer: GOD. And do you know what the most amazing part of this is? GOD lives through each and every one of us, everyday of our lives. He is waiting for you to knock, and is always willing to open the door for you. But, you must believe. The most amazing part of this is that you have a reward at the end of your life. So not only does God bless and give you a good life, but also lets you have eternal and everlasting life as well. God is especially in our Coptic Orthodox Church and when the whole church praises the LORD in one voice, it is like we are all standing in Heaven. Look at what all GOD has done for you. He gave you a good family, he gave you the Orthodox faith, and most of all he gave you your life. Miracles are happening every day. Saints appear to people, people are miraculously healed from diseases, and apparitions and visions of our LORD and St. Mary are occurring. There was actually a recent miracle that happened in Alexandria, Egypt. When the recent protests at St. George Church occurred the priest and the congregation were locked up inside, waiting to be torn apart by the massive muslim crowds outside. Until one servant told the Abouna, that there was a man outside near the door on a horse with armor. This man was later identified as St. George himself. Not only that, but there was another person on the other side of the church wearing a pope uniform and holding a stick. This person was later identified as Pope Kyrillos. Not only that, but there was another person on the other side of the church dressed in armor also. This person was later identified as St. Mina. And last but not least, there was another person on the other side on a horse also, but holding two swords. This person was identified as St. Philopateer Mercurius (Abu Seifen). Who do you think sent these Saints? GOD.

Socoolbishoy, what is going on in your head right now is a battle. The devil himself is trying to tell you that our Lord Jesus Christ is not real and that he does not exist. On the other hand though, GOD is trying to tell you that he exists and that he helps you everyday of your life. If you believe the foolish devil, you will have a life that looks good at the beginning, but will end up in misery and sorrow. Not only will you have a bad life, but you will also have an eternal life full of never-ending pain and eternal sorrow. But if you take the Lord’s offer, you will be blessed with a great life and will have everlasting life and eternal joy in Heaven. So you see the choice is not difficult. If you are looking for God look inside your heart, there you will find Him.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” –Matthew 7:7

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” –John 15:5

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • I understand.... lol.. no not really... but why would God come to Thomas, but not me... does he love one more than the other?
  • bahha bahha... lol.. sorry... you have no right, no right... lol... okay... lol...
  • oh... I miss the admins... whats up maged... and cant forget you iqbal... lol... I love you guys... lol
  • hashid wadanik badein... but back to topic guys... sorry
  • okay there buddy... Im being nice... but watch out you KNOW I can be MEAN if I want to... lol
  • oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! thats all I have to say... lol
  • these are amazing... but they are from the bible... and nothing happened to ME... just ME... not thomas... not James... not John... to Bishoy... I am sorry....
  • but again James saw, what I have not seen!
  • I once read a story of a Muslim lady who wanted to see Jesus because of stories told by her Christian friend. So, every night before going to sleep she would say, "Jesus, show Yourself to me so that I may believe." Eventually, Jesus appeared to her in her dreams and she converted.

So, if you continue to ask the Lord to show Himself to you and if you are patient with God, then He will show Himself to you. Also, you can't say that He does not show Himself to you when you completely deny the faith, because if He does show Himself to you then you won't see Him because you would be blind to His presence. You have to want to see Him. From what I've read, I get the feeling that you don't care anymore, but you have to want to see Him. You have to keep your heart open and just wait on the Lord, and you have to trust in Him, and He will strengthen your heart.

I'll be praying for you.

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14)
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=15#msg50744 date=1143095939]
    but again James saw, what I have not seen!

John 20:29
    Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
  • [quote author=WMA link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=15#msg50767 date=1143100131]
    [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=3501;start=15#msg50744 date=1143095939]
    but again James saw, what I have not seen!

John 20:29
    Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Ive heard that verse so many times... I could flat out tell you I dont want that blessing, I'd rather see... and be strong in the faith...
  • Ive heard that verse so many times... I could flat out tell you I dont want that blessing, I'd rather see... and be strong in the faith...

Evidence for God exists all around us within His creations. The stars and the planets are all testaments to His existance. The inerrancy of the Bible, and all the amazing information recorded that could not possibly have been known at the time are also very strong evidences for the existance of God.

In searching for evidence for your faith in God, you should always have your heart open. If you close it off and deny every proof and attribute to others apart from God and constantly make excuses for what you see and are presented with you will never be satisfied in your search for proof.
  • I am not going to say more than what everyone said. But like nene said, you have too much that you should thank God for. Your family, your friends, people that love you...God appears in everyone one of them. God is love...right? so when you love...you will see Him. You need a physical apperance from God? How is that going to matter in your faith...God doesn't present us with material things...He is more concerned about our souls..and you can't see your soul...does that mean you don't have one...or does it mean that you just need to look deeper into things...and deeper in what's really important rather than physical things. God loves you Bishoy...and if all you need is for him to appear to you...He will do that but at the right time...so don't loose hope don't loose faith in God...or later you will regret it.