Question about love

WMAWMA
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey all, excuse me if I don't make much sense, since its 2:30am.
I've been having a problem for a while. My problem might seem pretty stupid to some people, but to myself it feels like a big deal.

Basically, sometimes I feel love a lot, such as love of God, love of other people, love of family etc, but other times, particularly as well lately, I feel not deprived of love, but lacking love, which leads me to other things such as severe boughts of depression. What can I do to "feel" more love towards God and other people? Sorry if I wasn't very clear, but I didn't really know how to put it

Peace and Blessings,
WMA

Comments

• Hey if your speaking about the love the st Paul spoke about in 1 corthinthians chapter 13... thats awesome. Because if you could love others in Christ, then this is the GREATEST virtue that all christians are striving to achieve.

The way I see it is like this, love is NOT divided into little packets, some for God, some for friends, some for husban/wife. But rather Love is God a.k.a God is Love. So love is something that you have God, and through this love you honour your father and mother, be a good friend...obey the church orders, since she is your spirtiual mother..don't boast in yourself....don't judge...etc.. Cause love is obdient and everyting else that Saint Paul tells us.

Beware of love for opposite gender, that it does not lust... and also do not love someone more than God or make them your idol.

This is my understanding of love...
    God give us love(mercy) and loyalty(truth) that we may walk according to the spirt.
  • WMA i have the same problem and know what u r talking about and would want to know the asnwer...

ok..let em put it in other words (tell me if it is a diiferent question)...sometime i can be full of Gods love and feel Him..same thing with Family...

and there are time where i seemed to have snapped out of it...i dont feel love towards family or firends or even God...

What can i do...to feel Gods love when i seemed to have snapped out of it...(same thing with parents, friends and family)...

ok..there was my wording of ur question...is that the same idea????

thankx
  • ok..there was my wording of ur question...is that the same idea????

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks for providing a somewhat clearer explanation of what I meant.

Peace and Blessings,
    WMA
  • The solution is to let God be the only one in your heart. Have him be your only desire and want. Take away everything else in your heart and let God fill it alone. The feeling that gives allows you to never "snap" out of it. You will always feel a roaring passion toward God, no matter what.
  • and read spiritual books
  • WMA,

I apologize for the late greetings, but welcome to the site and WELCOME to our church, may our church lead you to eternal bliss with our Holy and Heavenly Father forever.

Your question is a valid one and it is clear. You ask:

“Why do we not always feel continuous love for God and others”?

The answer is:

When you do not feel Gods love or love for others then that means you have departed away from God spiritually. The closer you are to God the more you will feel his warmth and tender love, and you will want to love God and others because it will be your natural extinct. You only feel empty, despair, lonely, etc when you are doubting Gods love, when things are not going your way, when bad things happen, when you stop reading from the bible, when you do not take communion, do not attend church regularly, stop praying even or decrease your prayer times. The list can go on forever but that’s pretty much the gist of it, and everyone goes through these stages a numerous amount of time, if not struggles with these issues on a daily basis.

Solution is:

Since the problem is that you are away from God then the solution to the problem would be to bring yourself back to God and make your relationship with God stronger then before. The hardest part of fixing the problem is getting started, once you pick up all the good habits again like reading the bible, praying, having faith, going to church, etc. Then you will feel Gods warmth again, but Gods love never goes away even at times of despair, people are just blind to it at times (like little intervals) and that’s the devil doing his job.

Honestly the best solution is to beat the devil at his own game, there was a story that C.S. Lewis once wrote about in Mere Christianity about the devil. It’s a rather long story to type up but the underline message was that when we do not feel Gods love in our life and yet we continue praying then the devil is defeated because that is a true indication that you truly love God, and those are the prayers that God loves.

“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment” Mark 12:33.

Hope that helps!!!

In His Name