Depression?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
My question is: Have you ever felt you were depressed, lied to, gone into an arguement that caused you trouble with a church friend, not needed in the world, and can not control this because you think the world would be a better place if we all were none of these things?

Well, right now I kinda feel that way I even wrote a story about it and I don't know if this is a temptation or not and I kinda feel that I'm not needed on earth or needed to be born because hardly anybody cares about me and I feel horrible because I have been asking God to help me and asking him why am I on earth, I don't need to be on this planet, and even though life in heaven is gonna be much better but I have been through this problem a few times this past year or so and so...please reply as soon as you can!

Thank you,
May God Bless you all!

Comments

• As for your first question, yes I have felt that way many times before. Instead of feeling that way; depressed and hurt, pray to God to help you. Don't ask why are you here and tell him you don't need to be here, that is not you speaking. We, as humans, can simply not answer that question. The devil is trying to get to you. DON'T LET HIM. Strengthen yourself and your faith. Pray with all your heart that God help you with whatever problem you need help with. The most important thing is not to let the depression get to you, because in that way you will be giving satan what he wants, and we don't want to give him what he wants.

Not only will praying strengthen your faith and keep the devil away, but when God sees you progressing, he will deliver you.

I also advice you to see/talk with your father of confession... he can help a lot.
  • yes, i have felt depressed b4, but do u know wat. after i went through that phase- i felt that it was god's way of testing my faith. he wanted 2 c how i would react. if i would totally ignore him an b like, uve left me lord in this hard time and wer r u- or if u prayed and used prayer as ur form of help.
    its true, we are humans but we still control our inner emotions so keep prayin ;)
  • hey guys.. alright coptgirl.. ok u kno wut.. its totally normal i mean everyone has had bad tyms.. and u'll get over it soon.. i mean u probably feel that way bcz so many things happened so fast so just relax, and sit back.. just take it easy girl.. it's probably not even worth ur sadness and ur bad mood.. like they say.. life is a roller coaster.. it has its ups and it has its downs.. don't let things like that hold u back.. move on.. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF UR LIFE.. LIFE IS SHORT.. u just gotta make the best of it.. and like mr. bishoy (socoolbishoy) used to say.. still says.. unhappy thoughts will only bring unhappiness.. solution be happy.. just take the words and help urself.. nothing is worth ur sadness.. alright i've said so much but i hope u feel better soon.. muahhhh :-*..

Rina :-*
  • I have defienetly felt that way b4 but no one is worthless and everybody has a calling on this Earth and remember that inside the gravedust does not praise. We all only have one and only i chance to get into heaven so use ur cahnce on earth wee ;)

luv
    mary ;D ;D

God bless
  • You know I have been there, don’t you? And now look at me, I am feeling perfectly fine and that kind of state is all gone as if it were non existent. If you just sit back and reflect on it, it is amazing how it turns out. Most of the time the reason/s behind that kind of feeling is/are just ridiculous thing/s which do/es not even worth stating it/them here. The matter of the fact is that kind of sentiment is momentary, and everybody goes through that; it is just some are able to bear it with infinite grace of GOd so that they are capable of internalizing it and some do not, this also is for a good cause no matter how it seems at the moment.
    Most importantly you need to know that things of that nature happens for a good reason, at least from my experience, even though most of the time we tend not to recognize that part of such occurrences.

As to why we are in this world, God definitely has a purpose for each of us and it is just a matter of time before you fully realize that, for now have faith in God and He will disclose it for you sooner or later.

Anyhow I am sure you will come out strong out of this. Just pray and listen to spiritual songs, that is what I do when I am in that kind of situation. I will pray for you!

Please pray for me? And GBU! :(
  • Hey Coptic servent......read your s/n COPTIC SERVENT....so when someon asks wht are you doing on earth..you say I am a servent to the Lord. thats one.

Everyone has a calling.....one knows how to draw saints in the church....one knows how to sing high notes in the mass... one knows how to serve in the church...one helps the poor .,etc and I do not know you but you gave some really good advices for others ...and that could be just one of the good things of why you are on earth

Everyman is a cell.....Meaning Christ is one body and in his body and ours..there are cells ...some that are bad and will hurt you and some that help you....and each one is a cell in his body that has a special job to do.....

Ephesians 2:19-20
    "19)Now, therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.
    20) Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone"

I also agree with everyone else that this is a tempetation of the devil to bring you down and then gives you doubt of that there is no God and enjoy your life now...Jesus told us to always rejoice because Jesus is in us...Whenever this happens to you again...say the Lord's prayer..Jesus help me i am a sinner, Jesus hear me i am a sinner, Jesus have mercey on me i am a sinner,....and so on

if that doesnot work , talk to your FOC and he will give you a way

Always Pray

• Proverbs 17:3 (King James Version)

3The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.

From

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 17:3;&version=9;

Psalm 34:19 (King James Version)

19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 34:19;&version=9;

God knows who is righteous and who is wicked ?

• I have felt that before, but I knew that no matteer what God would always be there for me. I knew that if I took a little time to pray and read the bible and stuff, I would be right ont track. I usually just call up one of my friends to tlak aobut it or my cousin and then I just chat for a really long time about everything and see if they can help me with anything. I never felt like so totally not needed to the point of depression, but I think that everyone has been sad before. Usually when this used to happen or not used to but, when this did happen. I would like spazz on everything and everyone when I didnt get my way. This was just like my letting out the anger of sadness. So, I still think that it's better to just clam down, rest a little bit, and chill out before I think about what to do becuase for me, when this happens I get so totally angry I just take it out on whatever and don't care and then I get into trouble. I hope that kind of tells you a little bit about me, but don't worry I don't do that any more.
  • Thank you so much Elitew, copticcross3, Rina_07, mazza, Christ4Life, A lost sOul, mikeforjesus, and CopticChica21, I have all benefited from your posts, all that are on here are OUTSTANDING posts thank you so much, I actually got over it now, because this is when I was very immature, and I have turned my life around, I agree with everything all of you said, but you have to let it out, what I like to do when like sometimes when I'm brushing my hair, it hurts, so I get a stuffed animal and let out my anger by squeezing it, that helps a lot actually, instead of having so much aggression in you, that you start to show it by your face, you could have something called a stress ball, and what that does, is it's stuffed with like beads, so whenever you feel like you have so much aggression in yourself and you want to let it out, you could squeeze it, that's one way, another way is to write it down and than pray, than throw that thought away and pretend it went through one ear and out the other, another way is, to get a pillow and scream to it, it's mostly girls that do this, so I suggest you to follow any of these steps when you feel like you can't take it anymore and you don't want that much aggression in you, you can't bottle it up, people will start to take advantage of you, that's what my teacher told me before!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Those are really good techniques, CopticServent. It's better to take it out on something that isn't real and won't get its feelings hurt. I think that these posts helped me too to find ways to deal with it if I ever encounter it. Good luck if you have any problems. I will pray so that this post was a good influence. Also, I really liked this idea of a post. Thanks for helping me too, as well as urself. good luck in all things.

love lots,
    CopticChica21

ps. keep me in ur prayers and god bless.
  • Do you think Christ would agree with releasing your aggression on some object without soul and spirit?
    It seems okay to me too maybe but maybe its better to just pray and listen to spiritual songs?

Is it wrong to play boxing and wrestling as a sport? and if you punch a punching bag often maybe you will feel like punching real people sometimes because you are u'sed to it?
    ? ?
  • Well mikeforjesus,
    Listening to spirtual songs always calmed me down. Last week after Tasbeha someone older than me lied 2 me. I just ignored. If i did anything 2 him i'd lose control.
  • I think sitting in my room or talking to a friend calms me down. Usually I just sit in my room and read or go to my room just to be there.

love lots,
    CopticChica21