Is there such a thing as a "sinful" sport?

Comments

• [quote author=Paulh link=board=1;threadid=356;start=0#msg4263 date=1087874265]
    i agree..i don't find a thing wrong with cheerleadears..i encourage all the girls to become cheerlearders ;)

[sacasm guys...sarcasm...ha ha]

Indoobitabley! Chearleading is not wrong; it's just entertainment to disturb the other teams lol. It works well in football.

I played football, and gonna pick up boxing soon, when I have the money,eventually. I talked to my priest, and he tells me that I shouldn't box, since I would be punishing the other person. It's a sport, nothing more, nothing less. I'll be the next Tyson though. 8) I'll take Mark423's example of how he plays the sport for the fun.

Mark, good example lol.

Matt
  • Please... don't be the next Tyson, be the next Ali... Tyson's a lunatic...
  • Ali called himself the greatest, and ended up with Parkenses because of it.

Actually, I think this relates to "sinful" sports. If one becomes good at a sport, and this leads one to boast about one's abilities, they're glorifying themselves, not God, who is to be at all times glorified. So I think any sport can become sinful if one thinks they're the greatest at it and doesn't give thanks to God for the talent one was given.

lol. typing with the use of "one" is a lot harder than "you". I'm still working on it lol.

And remember this:
    The mouth of God witnessed to you: O John the Baptist: for there is no one like you: among those born of women.

- Chris
  • Tyson is a great fighter but a disgusting person. I hated Ali’s fighting style and I think he fights like a little girl! But that’s off the topic…

Another thing that contributes to my hate towards Ali is that he was very conceited and wasn’t even a great fighter to begin with. He never gave any tribute to God and let everything get to his head. For doing so; God gave him the punishment that has crippled him and made him worth nothing.

Mike Tyson on the other hand, despite his terrible character and unorthodox ways, is on the right track. He may be a disgusting vulgar person, but he gives thanks to God after every single fight, whether or not he wins. Don’t get me wrong… he’s probably the most retarded athlete on the face of the earth and a menace to society, (I actually think he should be executed…), but he knows his role and he thanks God after every match he takes part in. He thanks God in a crude manner, and he doesn’t even thank our God, because he is Muslim, but nonetheless, he’s not the conceited fool that Ali was. Bottom line is he’s on the right track; he’s just too ignorant and ill-mannered to show any gratitude in a human manner.

Now… if you want a boxer role model; it’s Evander Holyfield ;)
  • [quote author=Michael_Thoma link=board=1;threadid=356;start=60#msg4541 date=1088091477]
    Please... don't be the next Tyson, be the next Ali... Tyson's a lunatic...

These small things are going to ruin Tyson's name? PLEASE! Look at what he did to Boxing in general. In 4 years since he started, he became heavyweight champion. Honestly, These small things should be looked away from.
  • lol, well like I said, he is a great fighter; but I really hate him. He isn’t just an all around disgusting person… from an athletic aspect he is one of the best; from a human aspect, he is one of the worst.
  • I forgot which person it is, but one of them, either Tyson or Ali wants to make a comeback in their sport. It was in the newspaper a few days ago.

sleepy
  • It's Tyson. Ali is pretty much a vegetable.

Guys, don't you think were perhaps straying just a bit off topic?

- Chris
  • Yea, we are. I'm sorry. :-[

sleepy
  • lol. It's not you sleepy. We started going a little off topic many posts ago. It's ok, we'll get back on track now.

Sorry if it sounded like I was referring to you.

- Chris
  • No problem ;D

sleepy
  • can i say a conclusion here:
    Sports are ok if you don't get too competitive in it and it takes over your life and makes you hate the other person
    In case of Cheerleading (pure cheerleading) and BodyBuilding: They are ok if they are in the competitive phase only i mean doing it during competition only, wearing appropriate clothes (i know that doesn't really go well with bodybuilding because its only a short but you know what i mean ;))
  • at my church they were passing out some paper saying that we have a first coptic boxer.
  • Coptic boxer? What church is this? May I know?

sleepy
  • sorry wasim, i dont agree.
    if anything could be used in a bad way, then it is wrong. we cant go finding out or looking for loop holes of when it is ok and when its not. Christianity is based on black and white, there is no gray.

i dont agree with mark either.
    some people body build to show off. and some cheerleaders work hard to. in either case, no matter what, i think that they r both wrong.

there r other sports similar to both, y bother with either?
  • But you know, cheerleaders are getting better with their outfits nowadays. They wear shorts underneath short skirts, or they buy them that way. They're wearing appropriate tops, nothing to low, or high, so maybe we are being a bit old-fashioned about it all. Or maybe this is only my neighborhood, and my people.

sleepy
  • only urs sleepy. i think school dress code is also affecting it maybe. a tiny bit
  • Please, WE HAVE NO DRESS CODE....lol.

sleepy
  • even if they wear good attire
    CAN SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT
  • I don't think all cheerleading is bad. I think that it's really awesome when you have a bunch of people cheering for a sport or a team or something, it's really great. It's what they've done to the "sport" to get it's bad rep today that's bad.

sleepy
  • yes ur right sleepy
    maybe what they are doing today is what makes it sound that bad
    LOL imagine if cheerleaders wear normal clothes like anyone
    wouldnt that be the same thing but with out the temptation
  • But they truly are getting better. And we do have some cheerleaders in regular clothing.....US. lol. When we cheer on, say for example, a church competion, when we cheer on our team, aren't we being cheerleaders? lol

sleepy
  • lol. um. I think sleepy made a good point. We were making a generalization perhaps of the term "cheerleading" for the girls in skimpy clothes yelling at the top of their lungs while doing splits in air and flips. But then, what about all the other stuff we cheer for? I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm at a baseball game (or football, but since this is baseball season) cheering for my team to win, I'm usually not in spandex and low-cut shirts. lol

Plus, I don't think they'd let me wear that. lol. Something about a "visual harm" law or something lol.

- Chris
  • Hahahaha, too true...lol.

sleepy
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=356;start=60#msg4550 date=1088095024]
    lol, well like I said, he is a great fighter; but I really hate him. He isn’t just an all around disgusting person… from an athletic aspect he is one of the best; from a human aspect, he is one of the worst.

Everybody has their own opinions. I still admire Tyson and he's my sport idol. How can you say that he is one of the worst? There are many people like him and even worse, yet Tyson gets all the dirt since he is black and a world known athlete. The way the media works is despicable, and I spit at it. *spits* >:(
  • Ali was a genius, he knew that to get $ he had to act out in front of the camera. Tyson on the other hand is nuts, he's not acting. They actually take him off medication when he's fighting so hes more fierce. Are you guys forgetting he almost ate Holyfield's ear?? He is not a good fighter, he WAS a great fighter. He is past his prime. Ali was a showman and a great boxer. I wouldn't go so far as to say God punished him with Parkinson's Disease, that's a horrible thing to say. Who are we to say whether or not GOd is punishing him?? Look, Pope John Paul II has Parkinson's, he's one of the Holiest men alive. I think we should leave the judgments to God.
  • hay ppl
    plz give me your opinion for this
    at my church we have competitions. i play lots of sports but my best one is soccer. on one of the days of our competitions we wanted to get out of sundayskool early so we can change and train. anyway my teacher told us that we werent allowed to play because its bad and its a guys sport and that from gals doin that we can become homosexuals and all this rubbish and that we r supposed to be young ladies i protested bout that but she still wouldnt listen

any comments bout dat???

fanx God Bless Nardin
  • I don’t think taking part in a sport is going to make you a homosexual. I think that maybe you shouldn’t play with the guys. However that doesn’t mean refraining from sports all together. I actually encourage girls to play sports, aside from being fun; it keeps you in good shape and is good for your health. Everybody should do some type of exercise… and doing so won't cause you to become a homosexual. But you probably shouldn’t play with guys. When my friends and I play, especially soccer, we get very aggressive. This is also true with most guys; so there is a high chance you walk away with a dysfunctional limb. Then again, that’s up to you and the people you choose to play with. But yeah, your not going to turn into a homosexual…
  • [quote author=nardin link=board=1;threadid=356;start=75#msg4742 date=1088170064]
    hay ppl
    plz give me your opinion for this
    at my church we have competitions. i play lots of sports but my best one is soccer. on one of the days of our competitions we wanted to get out of sundayskool early so we can change and train. anyway my teacher told us that we werent allowed to play because its bad and its a guys sport and that from gals doin that we can become homosexuals and all this rubbish and that we r supposed to be young ladies i protested bout that but she still wouldnt listen

any comments bout dat???

fanx God Bless Nardin

my dad was exactly like that, not the homosexual part though. lol. he was like its a guy sport, no girl should be playing it. its just a way of thinkin.
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=356;start=75#msg4746 date=1088174133]
    I don’t think taking part in a sport is going to make you a homo. I think that maybe you shouldn’t play with the guys. However that doesn’t mean refraining from sports all together. I actually encourage girls to play sports, aside from being fun; it keeps you in good shape and is good for your health. Everybody should do some type of exercise… and doing so wont cause you to become a homo. But you probably shouldn’t play with guys. When my friends and I play, especially soccer, we get very aggressive. This is also true with most guys; so there is a high chance you walk away with a dysfunctional limb. Then again, that’s up to you and the people you choose to play with. But yeah, your not going to turn into a homosexual…

Sorry, but this is very absurd. It will not make you a homo, and studies have not shwon. Studies haven't even proven how people can be homosexual. This whole sports business is nothing wrong. Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I ever heard about the whole women shouldn't play this and women shouldn't play that, and so on. Honestly, that's just some people who have nothing else to do than to categorize men in their own sports and women in their own sports. This is very silly.

Sports that a man SHOULD NOT play is something like chearleading. He won't be able to get in if he applied. Women can do any sport they want. This whole homo business is just rubbish. It's a weak statement, and I spit at it.

Sorry if I offended anybody, it was not my intention. I just got a little angry towards such a topic.