Hymns for a funeral...

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
What hymns do we say during a funeral?

Comments

• well, in the procession, we say aripamevi, thanksgiving prayer followed by the verses of the cymbals without the cymbals, sad agios, the gospel, then the responses. i think that's that's the basic stuff.
  • Are you sure its Aripamevi we say in the procession, or is taht just the common popular tuqs? If it is...what is the true tuqs...?
  • well it sorta depends on tha time tha funeral is happening if it is in tha 50 joyus days you say every thing in joyfull tune u say khrostos anasti and stuff lik that
  • Hello Everyone,

My friend Ashraf has lost one of his brothers and on the 3rd day we sang a very comforting song named " fe deyarak ya yasou3" I believe it is old and well known.

I was blessed to play it on the Oud while everyone sang along.

God bless,

Sydney
  • If I may ask, How long is it for people that are related to the person/people to were black and when do they stop?

Is it a month?
    Is it 50 days?
    Is it 2 months?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Its whenever they feel they are happy for those that left because they have been united with Christ.
  • thank you, but I also have the following questions that I originally posted!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • What do you mean? You don't wait a week, a month, 2 months, 6 months or a year. You shouldn't wear black at all! In fact you should wear white, the person that passed away is finally getting rest with Christ, I believe that is not something to mourn on.
  • Actually, it's a tradition, it's a sign of respect towards the person who has passed away, the question is how long? Thank you again for the response!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I don't believe its a tradition, I believe that you show people that you are sad the person died... But thats only my opinion, some people I guess think otherwise.
  • yea i think so that's wat i've seen be4 but not all ppl wear blk nowadays otherwise i dunno!