Remember to give God praise!

edited June 2005 in Faith Issues
God is good! Let us praise and thank the LORD for all of His good gifts.Let us remember and thank Him for every kindness,for all His love,and most of all let us praise Him for who He is---Our Father,Lord,Saviour,Redeemer,
Strength,Peace,Joy,our King,Comforter,our Truth,our Hope,our Rock,our Strong Tower and Refuge,our Righteousness,our very LIFE itself.

Let us not forget all the benefits bestowed on the sons of men by the God of Abraham,Isaac,and Jacob.

"The LORD inhabits the praise of His people"....."Be ye thankful".

I thank the LORD for all His wonderful blessings!

I do not forget O LORD your kindness! All things are from your Hand! To you be all the glory and praise! Great are you O LORD God and Holy is your Name! Praise be to YHWH forever!

Comments

• Amen to that!
  • lord you are worthy above all
    - we praise you, we bless you and we thank you
  • amen amen amen
    i found this and i really love it

Dear GOD:

I want to thank You for what you have already done.
    I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards,
    I am thanking you right now.
    I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better,
    I am thanking you right now
    I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they
    stop talking about me,
    I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears,
    I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves,
    I am going to thank you right now.
    I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet. I am going to thank you right now.
    I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job. I am going to thank you right now.
    I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief, I am going to thank you right now.
    I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed, I am thanking you right now.
    I am thanking you because I am alive.
    I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties.
    I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles.
    I am thanking you because I have the ability and
    the opportunity to do more and do better.
    I'm thanking you because, FATHER, YOU haven't given up on me.

God is just so good, and he's the only one who's good all the time.

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!
  • Let us not forget to honour and praise God through His holy Saints, first and foremost the Holy Theotokos St Mary; who mediate the Grace and mediatorship of Christ, through the miracles performed through them and their intercessions.

Let us say with the St Cyril the Champion of Orthodoxy as he did in the face of the Nestorian heretics at the Council of Ephesus 431:

“Hail to Mary, the Mother of God,
    majestic treasure of the whole world,
    the lamp unquenchable,
    the crown of virginity,
    the scepter of Orthodoxy,
    the indestructible temple,
    the dwelling of the Illimitable,
    Mother and Virgin…
    Hail to you, who contained Him,
    Who cannot be contained in your holy virginal womb”

Peace.
  • "Unto you only O LORD shall I give praise" .....Praise the LORD!
  • before we get side tracked on other arguments and dig deeper into a theological conversation I just wanted thank Jerry for brining this up and reminding us to Praise God.

Jerry, I don't know if you already knew this or not but the word Tasbeha means praise. In the Coptic church, it is the HIGHEST form of worship. During tasbeha we do not ask God for anything (except the forgivness of our sins) While it may range in time, differ in tune and words, the purpose is still the same to PRAISE GOD. We believe it is the highest form of prayer because we don't ask for anything. Also, after that Awsome day is here and Christ comes to take us to spend Eternity with Him, there will be no lituryg, there will be no promises or prophicies. We belive that the only thing we will do is Praise God.

I encourge you, if you have a coptic church near you, to go attend Tasbeha or Praises especially Mid-night on Saturday (its not really midnight or no church does it at midnight) Or you can listen to it here:

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Praises/Midnight_Praises.html

There are two groups that have done it in English (even though I prefer Coptic) but English works too.

Let me conclude by saying "Arrise O you Children of Light to Praise the Lord of Hosts..."
  • Thanks CopticBoy! Thats very interesting information.
    Sorry to say, there are no Coptic churches in my state or surrounding states...so I quess I 'll have to rely on the internet...lol...I was thinking about getting a CD on Amazon.com that contains the Coptic liturgy.I wonder if you would recommend such a tape?

Yes, we also believe the highest form of worship is to praise God....focusing solely on GOD and not on ourselves...asking nothing in return but only to experience the joy and priveledge of praising our great King. :)

Once again thank you for the information.
  • J,

"Unto you only O LORD shall I give praise" .....Praise the LORD!

I just wanted to remind you, that as Coptic Orthodox believers, we are maintainers of the Orthodox faith - the straight doctrinal path, having preserved the fullness of truth as it was received by the early Church from the Apostles themselves, since the very inception of the Church as it was founded and established by them.

Re: Your quote above - Is this a Biblical quotation? If so, please show me where in the Bible it contains this quotation you have listed above such that only the Lord is to be “praised” - a word employed in a context such to exclude His being honored and praised intermediatorally through His Holy and Blessed Saints, who are instruments and mediators of His grace; teachers and protectors of the holy faith, the righteous who were consummated and perfected in the faith, the martyrs who shed their blood for their faith; through whom miracles are performed by their worthy intercessions...

Thanks in advance,

And yes please check out Coptic Boy’s link concerning tasbeha, you will find tasbeha hymns that have been preserved since the early Church, including the “Theotokia”.

Concerning St Mary in hymns in general, Coptic Orthodox priest Fr Tadros Malaty says in his book St Mary: In the Orthodox Concept:

“The Coptic Church gives special attention to hymning as an expression of the heavenly nature which she gained through her unity with the Risen Christ. From the first centuries she has inspired hymns for everyday of the week, offered as a loving sacrifice by the believers and as a method for raising their hearts to heaven, preparing them all week to participate in the Eucharistic Liturgy…”

He then goes on to explain how the Theotokias are hymns rich with many titles, symbols and types for the Blessed ever-virgin Mother of God, denoting her offices, privileges and relationship to the Holy Trinity and the believers.

“Through these hymns, the Church clarifies the mystery of the Incarnation, the mystery of our Salvation and many aspects of Christology” (page 78)

He concludes:

“In all our genuine Marian texts and hymns, the Church makes a clear distinction between Christ to whom worship is due, and St Mary to whom veneration is due. According to the words of St Epiphanus of Salamis in Cyprus: “Let Mary be honoured, but let the Lord be worshipped” (page 80)

Truly, worship and praise is due unto God of the temple, The Blessed Trinity! And veneration and praise due unto the holy temple which brought forth God The Word into the world, the Holy ever-virgin Mother of God St Mary. Amen.

Peace.
  • u never cease to amaze me iqbal lol