favorite Hymn

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
They all Good

Comments

• All of the above.. LOL
  • thats a ard choice, theres alot that i like ;D
  • they are all awesome and each tune is worth remembering!
    God bless and Irini Pasi
  • Not fair, I like them all :-\ :)

But I really loooove Ai Kotie :D
  • wats shai efnoti??
  • she might have ment shari efnouti (lent tune dunno)

Anyway....wow....i like all of them too...

I cant single out any tune..

But there are tarteela's that i like espesially in easter
  • Golgotha is an ammmmaazing hymn
  • I love any hymn but i rekon my favrite is tenen
  • actually I love the hitens... many people never mention them anymore... I love it when all the saints are mentioned in the hitens...
  • ive made up my mind... my favorites:
    Khen oosht, Marenoh, Aripsaleen, Leepon, Nek nai, Evol hiten, Tenen, Psalm 150 (Kiahk Tune), Ekesmaroot, Khristos anistee**, All the Gospels in Holy Week especially Thur and Fri, Golgotha, Tai Shori (Holy week Tune) Ya kol el sefoof, Azpaseste, Tovh hina, Rashi ne, Fai pepleemen, Zefte Pendtees, Khen Efran, Cena Atsho, Eporou (Nahda Tune), Eflogimenos, Osanna, Apenchois...

I dont think i missed anything... did i? ;D
  • I think a shorter list would be that of hymns we dont' like and that list would be ZERO length.

I love them all, but there are a few not mentioned here and are some of my Favorite:

1) Omonoganies ( I LOVE THE WORDS TOO)
    2) There is this hymn called "ApetJeek Evol" AMAZING
    3) Rashine O ti Theotokos

Thought I would share
  • does anyone know the words for aripsalin?also i love saying gholghotha and ke iperto

is it wrong when you say the holyweek staff on the normal days?because all the time the i keep on saying gholghotha and ke iperto those are my favorite2?
  • Ari\'alin `evy`etauasf `e`hryi `ejwn ouoh aukocf aftwnf afkwrf `m`vmou af]sosf hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Bws `mpirwmi `mpaleoc ouoh jwlh `mpiberi eu`kleoc ouoh `eqwnt `emega`eleoc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Genoc `nni`,ricti`anoc ni`precbuteroc ke di`akonoc ma`wou `mP=o=c je ouhikanoc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Deute haron `w pi=g `n`alou `eta P=,c Pennou] `olou afnahmou `ebolha pidi`abolou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

E;be Peknou] Maciac `vref] `neuergeciac `amou saron `Ananiac hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Zylwte `Azariac ecperac ke `prw`i ke mecym `briac ma`wou `n`tjom `n}`triac hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Yppe gar ic Emmanouyl hi tenmy] `w Micayl lali qen ou`cmy `n;elyl hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

:wou] ]nou kata ,in tyrou caji nem ni`precbuterou `cmou `eP=o=c nef`hbyou`i tyrou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ic nivyou`i cecaji `m`p`wou `mV] sa `eqoun `mvoou `w niaggeloc `etaf`jvwou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ke nun dunamic tou Kuriou `cmou `epefran tou timiou piry nem piioh nem niciou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Loipon nimou`nhwou nem niiw] euvymica te Penrefcw] je `n;of pe V] `nte nenio] hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ma`wou `mP=o=c `w ni[ypi euma ni;you nem ninifi nem ni=p=na pijaf nem pi`,rwm pikauma hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Nuktec ke `ymererw pe vwc ke `ckotoc ke ac`trape je doxa ci vilan`;rwpe hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Xula ke panta ta vu`omena en ty gy ke panta ta kinoumena hi nimwou nem nitwou nem `drumona hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ouoh on `cmou `nat,arwou `eP=o=c `pouro `nte niourwou ni`amaiou nem niiarwou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Pairy] `anon tennau `erwou marenjoc nem nai wn tyrou `Cmou `eP=o=c nihala] tyrou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Rw `nnipa,ny nem ni,iwn ke `ktynwn nem ni;yrion `Cmou `eP=o=c twn kuriwn hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Cmou `eP=o=c kata `vtwmi `erof ke ou my paranomi `w nisyri `nte nirwmi hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Timy ke doxa `w Pi=cl `ini nahraf qen ou`cmy `n;elyl niouyb `nte Emmanouyl hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Upyretwn `mV] `mmyi nem ni\\\'u,y `nte ni`;myi nyet;ebi`yout `nrefmei hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

V] Panou] `egw petenrefcw] ek ton `agw Cedra, Mica, Abdenagw hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

<wlem qen ounis] `n`srwic `w ny`eterc`ebec;e `mP=o=c nem nivucic tyrou `etafaic hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

\\\"u,oc ke `anapaucic moi nan tyren ,wric `;raucic e;renjw qen ou`apolaucic hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Wcautwc pekbwk pi`ptw,oc Carkic `aritf efoi `n`eno,oc `ecaji nem nai hwc meto,oc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf
    English Text O sing unto Him who was crucified, buried and resurrected for us, who trampled and abolished death. Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Take off the old man, and put on the new and superior one, come closer to the Greatness of mercy, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

All you Christian people, the priests and the deacons, glorify the Lord for He is worthy, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Come to us O three children, whom Christ our God has lifted, and from the devil has delivered, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

For the sake of your God the Messiah, the Giver of all good things, come unto us O Hananiah, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

O Azariah the Zealot, evening and morning and in the noon, glorify the power of the Trinity, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Behold Emmanuel, is now in our midst O Mishael, proclaim with a voice of joy, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Gather now and persevere, and proclaim with the priests, bless the Lord all His works, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

The heavens declare the glory, of God until this day, O you angels whom He has made, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Now you powers of the Lord, bless His honored name, O sun and moon and the stars, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

And also you rain and dew, sing praises unto our Savior, for He is the God of our fathers, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Glorify the Lord O clouds and winds, together with the souls and the spirits, O you cold and fire and heat, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

You also O nights and days, light and darkness and lightning, glorify the Lover of mankind, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

You trees and all that springs on the earth, and all that moves in the waters, mountains and the forests, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

And bless without ceasing, the Lord the King of the kings, O you seas and rivers, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

And we also seeing them, let us say with all these things, Bless the Lord all you birds, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

O snow and ice, cattle and wild beasts, bless the Lord of lords, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Bless the Lord as befits Him, and not like the disobedient, all you sons of men, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

O Israel offer before Him, honor and glory in a joyful voice, all you priests of Emmanuel, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

You servants of the true God, the souls of the just, and the humble and the charitable, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

God my God is the One, who saved you from danger, O Shadrach Meshach and Abednego, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Hurry with great haste, O you righteous of the Lord, and all the creatures He has made, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Coolness and repose without ceasing, grant unto all of us, that we may joyfully proclaim, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

And also Your poor servant Sarkis, make him without condemnation, that he may join all those and say, Praise Him and exalt Him above all.

Arabic Text ÑÊøáæÇ ááÐí ÕáÈ ÚäøÇ æÞÈÑ æÞÇã æÃÈØá ÇáãæÊ æÃåÇäå: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÇÎáÚæÇ ÇáÅäÓÇä ÇáÚÊíÞ æÇáÈÓæÇ ÇáÌÏíÏ ÇáÝÇÎÑ æÇÞÊÑÈæÇ Åáì ÚÙã ÇáÑÍãÉ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    íÇ ÌäÓ ÇáãÓíÍííä ÇáÞÓæÓ æÇáÔãÇãÓÉ ÇÚØæÇ ãÌÏÇð ááÑÈ áÃäå ãÓÊæÌÈ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    åáã ÅáíäÇ ÃíøåÇ ÇáËáÇËÉ ÝÊíÉ ÇáÐíä ÑÝÚåã ÇáãÓíÍ ÅáåäÇ æÃäÞÐåã ãä ÅÈáíÓ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ãä ÃÌá Åáåß ãÇÓíÇ ÇáãÇäÍ ÇáÅÍÓÇä åáã ÅáíäÇ íÇ ÍäÇäíÇ: ÓÈÍå æÒÏå ÚáæøÇð.
    íÇ ÚÒÇÑíÇ ÇáÛíæÑ ÚÔíÉ æÈßÑÉ æÇáÙåíÑÉ ÃÚØö ãÌÏÇð áÞæÉ ÇáËÇáæË: ÓÈÍå æÒÏå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÝåÇ åæÐÇ ÚãÇäæÆíá Ýí æÓØäÇ íÇ ãíÕÇÆíá Êßáã ÈÕæÊ ÇáÊåáíá: ÓÈÍå æÒÏå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÇÌÊãÚæÇ æËÇÈÑæÇ ÌãíÚÇð ÊßáãæÇ ãÚ ÇáÞÓæÓ æÓÈÍí ÇáÑÈ íÇ ÌãíÚ ÃÚãÇáå: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    åÇ ÇáÓãæÇÊ ÊäØÞ ÈãÌÏ Çááå Åáì åÐÇ Çáíæã íÇ ÃíåÇ ÇáãáÇÆßÉ ÇáÐíä ÃäÔÃåã: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    æÇáÂä íÇ ÞæÇÊ ÇáÑÈ ÈÇÑßæÇ ÇÓãå ÇáßÑíã ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÔãÓ æÇáÞãÑ æÇáäÌæã: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃíÖÇð ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÃãØÇÑ æÇáÃäÏÇÁ ÇãÏÍí ãÎáÕäÇ áÃäå åæ Åáå ÂÈÇÆäÇ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃÚØö ãÌÏÇð ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÓÍÈ ãÚÇð æÇáÃåæíÉ ÇáäÝæÓ æÇáÃÑæÇÍ æÇáÈÑÏ æÇáäÇÑ æÇáÍÑÇÑÉ: ÓÈÍíå æÒíÏíå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃíÊåÇ ÇááíÇáí æÇáÃíÇã ÃíÖÇð æÇáäæÑ æÇáÙáãÉ æÇáÈÑæÞ ÞÇÆáÉ ÇáãÌÏ áß íÇ ãÍÈ ÇáÈÔÑ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÃÔÌÇÑ æÌãíÚ ãÇ íäÈÊ Ýí ÇáÃÑÖ æßá ãÇ íÊÍÑß Ýí ÇáãíÇå æÇáÌÈÇá æÇáÛíÇÖ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    æÃíÖÇð ÓÈÍí ÈÛíÑ ÝÊæÑ ÇáÑÈ ãáß Çáãáæß ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÈÍÇÑ æÇáÃäåÇÑ: ÓÈÍíå æÒíÏíå ÚáæøÇð.
    åßÐÇ äÍä ÅÐ ääÙÑ Åáíåã ÝáäÞá ãÚ åÐå ÇáãæÌæÏÇÊ ÌãíÚåÇ ÈÇÑßí ÇáÑÈ íÇ ÌãíÚ ÇáØíæÑ: ÓÈÍíå æÒíÏíå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃíøåÇ ÇáÌáíÏ æÇáËáÌ æÇáÈåÇÆã æÇáæÍæÔ ÈÇÑßí ÑÈ ÇáÃÑÈÇÈ: ÓÈÍíå æÒíÏíå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÓÈÍæÇ ÇáÑÈ ßãÇ íáíÞ Èå æáíÓ ßÇáãÎÇáÝíä íÇ ÃÈäÇÁ ÇáÈÔÑ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ãÌÏÇð æÅßÑÇãÇð ÞÏøã ÃãÇãå íÇ ÅÓÑÇÆíá ÈÕæÊ ÇáÊåáíá íÇ ßåäÉ ÚãÇäæÆíá: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    íÇ ÎÏÇã Çááå ÇáÍÞíÞí æÃäÝÓ ÇáÃÈÑÇÑ ÇáãÊæÇÖÚíä ÇáãÍÈíä: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    Çááå Åáåí ÃäÇ åæ ãÎáÕßã ãä ÇáÎØÑ íÇ ÓÏÑÇß æãíÓÇß æÃÈÏäÇÛæ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÃÓÑÚæÇ ÈÍÑÕ ÚÙíã íÇ ÃÊÞíÇÁ ÇáÑÈ æßá ÇáØÈÇÆÚ ÇáÊí ÕäÚåÇ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ÈÑæÏÉ æäíÇÍÇð ÃÚØäÇ ßáäÇ ÈÛíÑ ÇäÞØÇÚ áäÞæá ÈÊãÊÚ: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð.
    ßÐáß ÚÈÏß ÇáãÓßíä ÓÑßíÓ ÇÌÚáå ÈÛíÑ ÏíäæäÉ áíÞæá ãÚ åÄáÇÁ ßÔÑíß: ÓÈÍæå æÒíÏæå ÚáæøÇð

It was all on this site ;)
  • [coptic]Ari\'alin `evy`etauasf `e`hryi `ejwn ouoh aukocf aftwnf afkwrf `m`vmou af]sosf hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Bws `mpirwmi `mpaleoc ouoh jwlh `mpiberi eu`kleoc ouoh `eqwnt `emega`eleoc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Genoc `nni`,ricti`anoc ni`precbuteroc ke di`akonoc ma`wou `mP=o=c je ouhikanoc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Deute haron `w pi=g `n`alou `eta P=,c Pennou] `olou afnahmou `ebolha pidi`abolou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

E;be Peknou] Maciac `vref] `neuergeciac `amou saron `Ananiac hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Zylwte `Azariac ecperac ke `prw`i ke mecym `briac ma`wou `n`tjom `n}`triac hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Yppe gar ic Emmanouyl hi tenmy] `w Micayl lali qen ou`cmy `n;elyl hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

:wou] ]nou kata ,in tyrou caji nem ni`precbuterou `cmou `eP=o=c nef`hbyou`i tyrou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ic nivyou`i cecaji `m`p`wou `mV] sa `eqoun `mvoou `w niaggeloc `etaf`jvwou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ke nun dunamic tou Kuriou `cmou `epefran tou timiou piry nem piioh nem niciou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Loipon nimou`nhwou nem niiw] euvymica te Penrefcw] je `n;of pe V] `nte nenio] hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ma`wou `mP=o=c `w ni[ypi euma ni;you nem ninifi nem ni=p=na pijaf nem pi`,rwm pikauma hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Nuktec ke `ymererw pe vwc ke `ckotoc ke ac`trape je doxa ci vilan`;rwpe hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Xula ke panta ta vu`omena en ty gy ke panta ta kinoumena hi nimwou nem nitwou nem `drumona hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Ouoh on `cmou `nat,arwou `eP=o=c `pouro `nte niourwou ni`amaiou nem niiarwou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Pairy] `anon tennau `erwou marenjoc nem nai wn tyrou `Cmou `eP=o=c nihala] tyrou hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Rw `nnipa,ny nem ni,iwn ke `ktynwn nem ni;yrion `Cmou `eP=o=c twn kuriwn hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Cmou `eP=o=c kata `vtwmi `erof ke ou my paranomi `w nisyri `nte nirwmi hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

Timy ke doxa `w Pi=cl `ini nahraf qen ou`cmy `n;elyl niouyb `nte Emmanouyl hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Upyretwn `mV] `mmyi nem ni\\\'u,y `nte ni`;myi nyet;ebi`yout `nrefmei hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

V] Panou] `egw petenrefcw] ek ton `agw Cedra, Mica, Abdenagw hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

<wlem qen ounis] `n`srwic `w ny`eterc`ebec;e `mP=o=c nem nivucic tyrou `etafaic hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

\\\"u,oc ke `anapaucic moi nan tyren ,wric `;raucic e;renjw qen ou`apolaucic hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf

`Wcautwc pekbwk pi`ptw,oc Carkic `aritf efoi `n`eno,oc `ecaji nem nai hwc meto,oc hwc `erof `arihou`o [acf [/coptic]
  • who is sarkis... always wondered that wen we say aripsaleen
  • ya Sarkis is the person who wrote this hymn. He also wrote some of the mada'e7 for kiahk (especially the ones for vesper praises)
  • i voted ya kol alsefoof but when i saw golgotha it reminded me of a story. Two yrs ago, at church it was raining throughout all good friday. We sang Golgotha and at the first word, the rain stopped. The moment golgotha ended, the rain started again it was so cool
  • :D all hymns are my favorite!!!! god bless all!!
  • 1 hymn that hasent been mentioned is mi altime favourite isbateer long
  • I love aripsalin, golgotha, and Afrek I love that hymn it's so beautiful!
  • They are all good...And I dont think its wrong to sing the passion week songs outside of passion week...as long as you are just practicing for the sake of memorizing, or remembering the hymn...not sing the hymn for the meaning of it
  • I like a lot of those hymns mentioned, but my favorits is Shere maria, and the morning doxology in the joyful tune.
  • Yea, I can't really pick a favorite but Ondos should've been there ;D
  • What does this mean?

"Coolness and repose without ceasing, Grant unto all of us"

Dont we want Spiritual warmth?

Do you know if you can download the song "Praise for St Anthony" (If I said it right) somewhere from tasbeha.org ?
    if that makes sense

Also Can the rivers offer praise to God? just say what you think?
  • greetings,

TENEN is the best :-)

but i like ALL hymns that are sung in COPTICCCCC
    and especially long ones....

oh and KIAHK hymns are the best hymns season at church...

God Bless,
    Jenny ;)
  • My aim I dont think is to be mean but I feel that singing coptic hymns without understanding is wrong... we must sing with spirit right?
    maybe im bias since I cant sing them much anyway... I learnt some or all of the alphabet but I might of forgot it now and I just have other problems when singing these hymns I think..
  • I feel that singing coptic hymns without understanding is wrong... we must sing with spirit right?

There is a difference between singing with spirit and with singing with understanding...yes u need to be all into the hymn when you are singing it...but u don't really need to understand every word u are saying...just the general meaning of why you sing this song and maybe know it's arabic/english translation...
    If we say no one sing hymns without understanding...then you won't see any deacons..or u just won't see any congergation following and singing the hymns along...u will only see abouna doing it...so NO...sing with spirit, but not necessarly with understaing every single word.
  • wow they r all so beautiful!!

btw, do you guys know how to read and/or write coptic? do you understand it?
  • Quote:
    I feel that singing coptic hymns without understanding is wrong... we must sing with spirit right?

There is a difference between singing with spirit and with singing with understanding...yes u need to be all into the hymn when you are singing it...but u don't really need to understand every word u are saying...just the general meaning of why you sing this song and maybe know it's arabic/english translation...
    If we say no one sing hymns without understanding...then you won't see any deacons..or u just won't see any congergation following and singing the hymns along...u will only see abouna doing it...so NO...sing with spirit, but not necessarly with understaing every single word.

i read an article about tasbeha (not the WB lol) and it said how do you answer someone who ask you why are you singing something that you do not understand, and it said that we can read the translations and we say them in coptic because it was the language of our fathers and all the hymns are full of emotions when you listen to them even if you didn't understand the words, listening to the tune will make you feel what the hymn is talking about...
    p.s. the article was in arabic btw

pray4me
    GBU