i need help

2»

Comments

• hey sin

i believe you're absolutely correct....
    i've heard of that too... somthing about being jugded based on what you know...

Christianity is really wide-spread, so i'm pretty sure everyone has heard of it... of course there could be this odd tribe in the middle of no-where that has no idea about God, but the majority of the people are exposed to Christianity in one way or the other...

So, not everyone is judged the same - but i think most ppl are liable to God and His commandments....

Not sure though, so anyone feel free to correct me

pray for me
    take care and God bless
  • hi

well i thought that when everyone in the world knows about christianity, then the end of the world would come. i am probably very wrong, but thats what i think i heard.
  • i think each 1 is judged according to their knowledge

"For there is no partiality with God. For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law" Romans 2:11-12
  • hi

so we will be judged according to our knowledge. right?
  • Well, I can't go along with the idea that all sin is equal. The scripture tells us that there are greater sins than others. For instance, in the Law, all sin was not punished the same. A worse sin deserves a worse punishment. However, all sin is sin. I mean this in that all is bad, and to transgress in part is to transgress in all. Meaning, that we fall short of righteousness on our own. Of course, we are saved through Christ. This is the context of one sin transgressing the law. Otherwise we might have the idea that if you don't have so many sins, you will be saved. However, one cannot draw the conclusion that all sin is equal. Christ clearly says that those that delivered him up was guilty of greater sin. When I see "greater sin" I cannot rule all sin equal. I just can't do it. Also, the idea of all sin being equal lends itself to a world of temptation. Especially when we see ourselves with a fallen nature, and have constant sinful thoughts coming at us, it's too easy to go ahead and commit the act itself, with the excuse "It's all the same". Thanks!
  • wise words sammybackuesb :)
  • well thanks for the complement! ;D
  • hi

well is it ur fault if a bad thought enters ur mind, but u did not want this bad thought so u resisted it, does that count against u cuz u had a bad thought.

God Bless
  • No the bad thought doesn't count against u...but if u reacted to that thought and did something...then this count against u...
    God Bless and forgive us all,
    Marianne
  • Well chief of sinners, as marianne said, it doesn't count against you. However, you need to ask yourself how often you get these bad thoughts. A priest once told me that if your heart has impurity (as all our hearts do) you will get these bad thoughts often. What I mean to say is that bad thoughts spring from a heart that is not completely pure. So, don't treat bad thoughts as if they are out of your control because the more pure and holy you become the less and less bad thoughts you get.

Cheers,
    Fadi
  • hi

thanx. i always wondered about that.

god bless
  • [quote author=sammybackues link=board=1;threadid=1403;start=30#msg23563 date=1113265670]
    Well, I can't go along with the idea that all sin is equal. The scripture tells us that there are greater sins than others. For instance, in the Law, all sin was not punished the same. A worse sin deserves a worse punishment. However, all sin is sin. I mean this in that all is bad, and to transgress in part is to transgress in all. Meaning, that we fall short of righteousness on our own. Of course, we are saved through Christ. This is the context of one sin transgressing the law. Otherwise we might have the idea that if you don't have so many sins, you will be saved. However, one cannot draw the conclusion that all sin is equal. Christ clearly says that those that delivered him up was guilty of greater sin. When I see "greater sin" I cannot rule all sin equal. I just can't do it. Also, the idea of all sin being equal lends itself to a world of temptation. Especially when we see ourselves with a fallen nature, and have constant sinful thoughts coming at us, it's too easy to go ahead and commit the act itself, with the excuse "It's all the same". Thanks!

Hello All, sorry i been gone for a while, anywho, sammy we had a discussion about that before in a youth meeting and i see what you mean by different sins but we all need to keep in mind something there is sin in a human eye and sin in God's eye and those two point of view are TOTALLY different, from our point of view saying a bad word or being mad at somebody is not as bad as being an adulter, but if you look through God's eyes saying a bad word or being an adulter they both add a new thorne to His crown and a thorne is a thorne it hurts, so i think from God's eyes they all the same but from our eye they are different because us as humans want to see different levels of everything because if we see adultery the same as stealing we would go sleep with somebody and say ooh i will confess it and its all good again
    (sorry if i have misspelled words or any kind of error)
  • Hello in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ

May our loving, strong, and merciful Lord be with all of us.

This discussion seems to be a hotly debated one, I perceive, mostly because of the incomplete understanding of the concept of sin and how it affects us. The remarks I have read are all very nice and interesting. Through the will of God, I hope to emphasize further regarding the matter.

Sin is due to the absence of God for God is without sin and is full of righteousness. We all have the Spirit of God dwelling within us so God is always with us, but we also have the gift of a free will. It is this free will that makes us Sons and Daughters of God rather than slaves who are forced to obey an all powerful Creator. So it is this free will that accounts for us accepting Gods existance within us and to acknowledge Him as our life source that we ultimately decide, according to our will, to obey and be united with. The only way for us to be in complete unison with God is to follow Him fully and thus accept this Spirit within us to be uplifted and united with God. Unfortunately, because of our weakened and deceived free will, we can also choose to deviate from God by not obeying or not wanting to be with Him. When this happens, we have ultimately decided to turn away from the Lord and to disregard the Spirit of God within us, and when this happens, the Spirit can no longer be united with God for this great mystery occurs only out of one's choice, due to his/her free will, to allow this to happen through the complete submission and obedience to God.

Since all that one knows when in complete unison with God through the Spirit is obedience and righteousness, when one's will decides to deviate from God's will to obey and be with Him, the complete opposite will happen, that is, one will no longer be righteous simply because his/her Spirit is no longer in Complete unison with God. It is this disconnection and deviation from God and His Will that results in sin. Therefore, sin is the outcome of deviating from God, and the more one deviates, the farther away he/she becomes from God, and thus the greater his/her sin can become. Therefore, a sin can be measured and defined by the extent of deviation from God (this deviation can happen within a split second, for we often suddenly submit to the powers and tricks of the devil due to our weakness).

During our father Adam's time (before he deviated from God), sin did not even exist yet because all Adam (and Eve) knew was obeying, submitting to, and being with God. All Adam knew was righteousness. He didn't even know what sin was let allone how to commit sin. It was only after he and Eve DISOBEYED God did sin enter into the world (disobedience, in essence, was the first sin) due to the weakness of humanity to remain faithful to God. And the punishment for this was death and eternal damnation, as God had revealed to them before he and Eve disobeyed Him, for they had broken the Law and deserved to be punished. And our teacher Saint Paul tells us that, ". . . Just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death SPREAD to all men, because all sinned . . ." (Romans 5:12). Death SPREAD to all men because sin SPREAD to all men. Adam only realized what sin was after he disobeyed God. After this, things got worse; God cast them out from the Garden of Eden and they could no longer be with God directly (at least until after Christ came and payed the price for our sin through His death instead of ours, and since we are a part of this death because we have the Spirit in us, when Christ resurrected and overcame death in the flesh, we too rose with him and overcome the punishment of our own death, and live again). Things got worse still, as Adam and Eve and their descendents (including us) became detached from God even more because of further disobedience, and thus got farther and farther away from Him and also from righteousness. This resulted in more and more sin, one sin leading to a more extreme form, due to a farther detachment from the Truth. Man was, in essence, inventing different sins!

To illustrate, Adam created the sin of disobedience, followed by Cain becoming farther from God, causing him to kill for the first time! Later the sin of adultery and things even worse (and also a combination of many sins) were being created by man as he drifted farther and farther away from God. Sadly, even today, man seems to be creating more and more sins , each worse than before!

All sin is punishable and if continued without repentance, will lead to death and eternal damnation (any sin, whether it be laughing at a bad joke to murdering), but there are sins that are more extreme than others simply because they result from a greater seperation from God, and are thus more difficult to turn away from because one has to strive and struggle more, and possibly for longer periods of time, to get back to being with God, for the seperation (indicated by the type of sin) can be greater than other forms.

Also, when examining the effects of the degree of abscence of God, sin can be understood more clearly. For example, look at Satan. His state is due to a COMPLETE seperation from God, and it is because of this, that he is the father of sin and causes others to sin by drawing them farther away from God.

However, it is comforting to know that the Lord Jesus Christ lives through us to overcome our weaknesses to allow us to return to God with ease if we submit to Him.
    The Lord has ovecome the world, and He loves us much, giving us a second chance at life by allowing us to overcome our weaknesses if we accept Him into our hearts, minds, and soul.

May our truly Loving and Almight Lord be with, stregthen, and dwell within each of us. God Bless.
  • good stuff ;) :) :D mikeg thnx for that u rok

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • i have to agree with marianne87,

bc u cant control ur thoughts just as u cant control what u see, or it would be unfair. ur brain doesnt have a handbook that allows you to contemplate on only certain material. everything is thought about. ur alive bc u think. faith controls and surpresses these thoughts. thats y abuna tells us to stay away from certain things bc exposure makes us think.

well thats that,
  • Mikeg, that was a pretty neat answer, especially on the topic of free will. I personally don't like to use the term "free will", because I don't believe the will is free. We are under the influence of a sin nature. However, we can choose God by His grace, of course. So, we make choices, decisions, some good, some bad, but the will itself cannot deliver itself. We must have grace, and God has given us the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is essential to this line of thought, in that we were chosen by the Father, atoned for by the Son, and we are being sanctified by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is who is most closely responsible for us coming to God. I know this doesn't exactly sound like rocket science, but if we say we have "total" free will, then we could choose God without the Holy Spirit's help, and this is impossible. This also is a smack against the work of the Holy Spirit in the Trinity. We would never want to give man the credit for his salvation, that is crediting it to his "free will". As far as sin being the same in God's eyes, I can't buy it, for it was the Lord Jesus Christ Himself that talked about greater sin than another. And, as Copts, we don't hold to the two natures idea, so to try to split the manhood from God isn't correct ;) . So, I see sin as some as greater than others, but some thorns are bigger in the crown than others. They are all sharp though. Thanks!
  • [quote author=sammybackues link=board=1;threadid=1403;start=45#msg23695 date=1113533115]
    So, I see sin as some as greater than others, but some thorns are bigger in the crown than others. They are all sharp though. Thanks!

i agree with the sharp part but i dont agree with that some thorns are bigger than others maybe from our point of view but i would think from God's they all the same!!!!
  • Anything to support your point of view? Scripture maybe? Take care! :)
  • If you read through the Old Testemant (and correct me if i am wrong) a person would give an offering and would put his/her hand on the offering and say what kind of sin he did and put it up and burn it on the Altar for the forgiveness of his/her sin, so sins were forgiven by an offereing
    in the new Testemant Christ came down and took ALL the sins on the cross, if the "small" sins could be forgiven by offerings or by telling your FOC what you did, why didn't He leave those ones for later on to be taken care off
    and acutally something thats in the first few pages of the Bible is the story of Adam and Eve in Eve and Adam's eyes eating an apple is not a big deal right?? its just an apple but to God it was a HUGE deal and He ended up kicking them out of heaven
    your going to say well that was the only sin they could have committed well that is true but from that point on man started knowing what sin is and started seeing different levels of sin but do you think that the original sin is any greater than any sin we see "big" these days??
  • Well, the Bible doesn't call it an apple. It was a fruit though. The sin was big because it was rebellion. Also, sin began before then though, but not on the earth. Satan rebelled and sinned first. However, back to offerings. Jesus bore our sins, from the largest to the absolute smallest. This would be liken unto the scape goat, I would suspect. However, the offering, and the penalties show us the different "levels' of sin, so to speak. But, Christ died for all sin of the elect, including that which was passed down from Adam because of the temptation with Eve (the fruit). Interesting discussion, but a lot of people grasp the "sin all the same" idea because they are looking to show that even the smallest sin will condemn us to hell without us having Christ. This is true. Just the original sin handed down from Adam will do that. We really don't have to commit one single sin to be condemned. Why is this? We are sinful by nature. This sin nature condemns us before God. We are not acceptable before Him because of what we are, that is sinful. This is one reason why we baptize infants. Copts see that original sin is a problem. Protestants, some of them, have missed the line of thought here. So, really, there is sin all over the place, in original sin passed down from Adam, and sins both great and small. However, God chastises us for sins, greater for larger sins, and somewhat for smaller one, David with Bathsheba, and other aspects of his life being a good example. Hope this helps! ;)
  • [quote author=sammybackues link=board=1;threadid=1403;start=45#msg23700 date=1113539216]
    but a lot of people grasp the "sin all the same" idea because they are looking to show that even the smallest sin will condemn us to hell without us having Christ. This is true.

Well i am kind of lost here becuase you saying without Christ any sin will put us in hell which is a true fact but with Christ if you repent from your sin you will be saved? which is also correct, then why would small or big matter?
    yes it does matter on how much it affects your relationship with God, but keep in mind this relationship is 2 sided so you being further because of a "big" sin doesnt mean God will be far with the same distance and you not being far because of a "small" sin doesnt always mean God would be further away the same distance. As a person you can only tell how close YOU are to God but not how close God is to you?
    i apologize i was taught it was as an apple but i looked it up and it does say fruit, interesting point why would people teach us its an apple while its a fruit!!!
    (i hope i didnt offened you sammy in any way)
  • hey guy/girls,

I am not a new member, its just that i cant retreive the password for the old one, but any how...

Firstly I would like to point out that the Sin is NOT called Adultry. It is called Mast---ation. Ok?

Secondly, we seem to be deviating from the topic, so please lets try and go back to Sin's problem. But regarding sin and the different types of sin, please refer to the first epistle of St.John, Chapter 5 verses 16-17

Thirdly, Sin (please change your user name), I would like to take this opertunity to say that you are not the only one, you are just the brave one; non the less, it is important to note that this sin is grave, therfore be watchful.

My sundayschool teacher gave us a lesson about it so i'll be brief:

He said that it starts off when we accidentaly (thats how it usually starts) see something and then we let our thoughts wonder[Sin #1]. After that we get interested, so we go and look it up intentionally[Sin #2]. After a while we see that ther is more that can be done than just watching[sin #3]. Eventually we feel that we long for the real thing[sin #4]. At this stage, we would do anything to get that thrill, and that can include Drugs!

So in summary:
    thoughts/intentions [glow=red,2,300]LEADS TO[/glow] Watch lustful things [glow=red,2,300]LEADS TO [/glow] Mast---ation [glow=red,2,300]LEADS TO [/glow] Fornication(adultry if u were married) [glow=red,2,300]LEADS TO [/glow] God knows what else...

So you see it important to quit it NOW. Going cold turky is the only way, do not be fooled. So you may ask how?
    Well if you look at my little summary that free thoughts is the first of the sins, so it is the best place to apply the solution. Simply do not let your thoughts wonder, when you catch your self thinking about things you ough not to then think of God and you will feel emmbaressed that you are thinking these things in the presence of God.

Also, it is important to note that it is easier to stop your thoughts when they are in you head than when when they are on your computer screen. Because once you have looked at this stuff, you will become vulnrable because God and your gurdian angel have just left you because they cannot stand these things.

So I beg you stop as soon as your mind wonders.

One other thing. If you are my age (teenager) and have alot of testostrone (bad spelling), exercise and play sport, in this way you will spend your energy and your hormones on better things.

Lastly, your Confession father HAS TO KNOW. When you go to confession, this is the FIRST thing you mension. The devil has hard time working in the light, he prefres the dark. So you must reveal his works and bring it to light to your confession father. If you avoid him, you are in this fight alone, if you tell him, than you got some help.

Do not despair
    God bless you,
  • Good comments in here! Well, the idea of the apple is pretty prevalent in the world. It's just important to know that it was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. There's a lot of good info here regarding sin. Sin starts in smaller increments and moves us right up to bigger ones, and ones more destructive. Excellent comments! Sexual temptation is so prevalent in this country, and it seems as there are so many things aimed right at the young adults. Thanks!
  • Good stuff His Son that was really good :D ;) keep it up

GB ALL
    +FROG+