I am SORTA SCARED........

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Okay, in the bIble, it says, to him who has been given, much will be expected, and from him who hasn't been given, little will be required. We, as Coptic Orthodox people haven been given A LOT!!! so how are we suppose to give back that much, becaus ethats how much will be required from us. HOW can or how will we do it?

Comments

• give as much as you can.... dont be scared...
  • Like bishoy said, you give as much as you can. You give through your service, through your example to the people around you. This includes serving your own family. I don't know how old you are but you should try to serve as a Sunday school teacher, or possibly help out in some way around church. I'm sure there are activities in your church that needs volunteers. Do some volunteering at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. There is so much you can do, but laziness and self image always get in the way.

I attended a series of lectures about service by H.G. Angaelos last year. One thing that he said that has always stuck in my head is the fact that every person in this world is a servant. It doesn't matter if you're Coptic orthodox or Muslim, the Lord put you on this earth to serve. Just because others don't know this does not mean we have to act like you don't know it either. We must serve with humility. If abouna asks you to go clean the toilets, then you kiss his hand and you HUMBLY thank him for the opportunity to serve our Lord, God and savior Jesus Christ. As a servant you are the lowest of the low. It doesn't matter how much money you have, what kind of car you drive, what you do for a living. None of that matters! Just remember, you are serving your brothers and sisters through Christ, and through that service it will be as if you are serving Christ himself.

A great example of this would be the story of St Bishoy, which I believe socoolbishoy can share with us a lot better than I can if you don’t know it. Do everything through Christ who strengthens you.

I hope this clears everything up. Sorry for the length...please keep me in your prayers
    Mina
  • It simply means use the talents that God gave you. As the parable of the talents in the Bible, we need to use these talents and make them multiply, and bring others closer to God, just as the man multiplied his talents, in order for our master to make us rulers of many things. In this case, it is inheritance of heaven.

In other words, God gives you all these talents, and by using them he means that you use them IN HIS NAME and to do good. So when he asks you how much did you reap you will at least be able to say take this i have used what you have given to me, did my best and hoped for you to mulitply and bless.

Hope it's not too confusing. ???
    pray for me.
  • Balance. Give and then take care of yourself. On your good days give, help, and do what you can to make the world a better place. Give peace. Give love. A smile. Like St. Francis of Assisi song. Make me a Channel of your peace.. Where there is darkness let me bring your light... etc.

The world needs so much that anything you give is great, especially to others who don't have so much. Yes the need is great so it is scary. But don't let that stop you from serving the Lord.

I get scared too when I see 'cults' and movements and how they are not afraid to humbly kiss the hands of their evil leaders to do what is evil and to hurt christians.. that is what scares me.

Atomic Bomb
    In Lebanon, after the civil war had ended, an art teacher asked the students to draw whatever came to mind. The teacher walked around the classroom to see what the little children had drawn. Teh first one she saw was of a tank, the second was of cannons, the third of a dead person, the fourth was a picture of a child crying after losing his father, and the fifth was of homes that had been destroyed. The teacher felt sad for what she aw, because the bad memories that the children had of the war emotionally traumatized them. It was as if society had destroyed these little kids and spoiled their hope and their joyful outlook.
    Finally she came to a girl who had drawn a picture of an apple. she was cheered by this and wondered what made this children different from the rest. Why did you draw an apple". But the girl answered "it's not an apple it's an atomic bomb".
    My beloved reader! Don't be surprised that this child drew an atomic bomb and not an apple. The war destroyed her psychological state as well as that of so many youth and people in the entire country.

I'm worried about you that the world may, with its great weight, enter your heart, creating in you an atomic bomb. This may destroy your energy, talents and feelings instead of offering an internal apple, to taste and take a benefit from.
    You may ask me "Do you want me to escape from my surroundings? Don't you want me to live in the world".
    "Yes, God created the world for us to live in and enjoy it as a joyful gift. But beware of misconceptions or defilement. Don't convert the world into a corrupt valley and a hidden battlefield. Use the world to thank the creator. Open your heart with love to all and Jesus will be your companion. Your life will be an everlasting wedding.
  • Seriously the best answer tyo ur question is Luke 6:27 and on ;D