religion vs science

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys

i have an assignment for religion and its about religion vs science.

do u believe that religion is becoming less significant due to science

like stuff like that please give me ur opinion thank you

luv marina
god bless

Comments

• marina,ý
    Interesting topic. Both go hand in hand, I think it is wrong and dangerous to put ýsignificance on the one verses the other. There are scientists out there that start out to ýprove that religion is a hoax and that God doesn't exist. They reach a point where they ýeither believe or say "nature" intended it that way. We believe that God gave us science ýas a tool to get closer to Him. The problem is we sometimes abuse that tool and try to ýdefy Him. ý

These also the other extreme that says lets prove religion thru science or whatever in ýreligion is scientifically proven, we will be believe in it and whatever we can't prove we ýwill not believe in. Obviously both extremes are wrong. ý

We have to be moderate about everything. We don't dispute the Bible or try to prove it. ýAnd we don't also try to get scientific facts from the Bible because the Bible is not a ýscience or history book. ý

I am sorry for babbling but I hope I made sense.ý
  • On the same note trying to prove religion with science. It remindes me of a story that abouna told us once. There was a little child on the beach digging a hole and pouring water in it. The preist asked him what are you doing? The boy answers him and says i am trying to fit the ocean in this hole.

This story is likened to the scientific struggle. Our minds are limited just like the hole, you can only fit so much. God is the ocean. How are we supposed to understand the unlimited with our limited minds. Science can not explain everything, evolution is still a theory it is not a fact. I am not trying to down science because it can help us in many ways to understand our vast world a little better. The point is that science can not explain everything about our world, were science fails religion picks up
  • [quote author=andrewg link=board=1;threadid=1197;start=0#msg20349 date=1108057279]
    On the same note trying to prove religion with science. It remindes me of a story that abouna told us once. There was a little child on the beach digging a hole and pouring water in it. The preist asked him what are you doing? The boy answers him and says i am trying to fit the ocean in this hole.

This story is likened to the scientific struggle. Our minds are limited just like the hole, you can only fit so much. God is the ocean. How are we supposed to understand the unlimited with our limited minds. Science can not explain everything, evolution is still a theory it is not a fact. I am not trying to down science because it can help us in many ways to understand our vast world a little better. The point is that science can not explain everything about our world, were science fails religion picks up

i really lyk ur example its really good :)
  • thanks guys

you really helped

god bless you.
  • Science w/o Religion would be dull and Religion w/o science would be un true(my Teacher told us that once..i think it right...um yeah..its something like that)
  • [quote author=andrewg link=board=1;threadid=1197;start=0#msg20349 date=1108057279]
    This story is likened to the scientific struggle. Our minds are limited just like the hole, you can only fit so much. God is the ocean. How are we supposed to understand the unlimited with our limited minds.

exactly! ;D its like trying to explain to a ladybug how to build a computer... we can't understand everything... some people think they can though by obtaining research through science..

[quote author=confusedsoul link=board=1;threadid=1197;start=0#msg20496 date=1108225092]
    Science w/o Religion would be dull and Religion w/o science would be un true(my Teacher told us that once..i think it right...um yeah..its something like that)

confusedsoul, as long as science doesn't contradict the bible.. then i guess that statement could be true.. religion doesn't have to have science included in your beliefs though..
  • this subject was very important for me when i was in high school when i was very interested in math and science. basically there's two things to keep in mind. 1)science keeps building on itself, based on new data and discoveries ie it's a work in progress. so when scientists make a radical claim it is not set in stone because something new might change it. 2.)if science is right and there is no god, and we vanish into nothingness, we don't lose anything by believing in god. but if it's the other way around(which is what i believe btw ;D) and there is a god, then u lose ur place in heaven by not believing in jesus.