What is Neknai O Panoti real hymn???

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Ibrahim Ayad says Neknai O Panoti in a complety different way then the institute of Higher Coptic studies. Which way is correct? Or are they both right??

Athanaisus

Comments

• The institute records the morning doxology version. Ibrahim's is right...
  • i don't mean to interrupt here but there is a section called hymns discussion and i think that is where you guys want to post that
    don't worry i was a newbie once too ;)
  • How sweet Wasim...lol

sleepy
  • I think both are right.
  • i don't think it matters how it's they sing it, but they when i heard it they didn't sing the whole thing. :-[
  • One is the tune for the Watos days and the other is the tune for the Adam days.

The way Abe records it here:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Praises/Midnight_Praises/Ibrahim_Ayad,_Coptic_Midnight_Praises/Part_5/track6.mp3

is the Adam Tune.
    [hr]
    The way he record is here:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Praises/Midnight_Praises/Ibrahim_Ayad,_Coptic_Midnight_Praises/Part_6/track2.mp3

is the watos tune.
    [hr]

Sunday is an Adam night, therefore, the tune Abe uses in the first link is the correct tune for Nek nai o panoti for that night.

Adam Days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
    Watos Days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Saturday night during midnight tasbeha, Adam alhan and tunes are said. During Verspers tasbeha, Watos alhan and tunes are still said.

sorry for blabbing..
  • i'm not sure bout that Paul
    i thought O Penchois was the Watos tune ???

the tune for the Morning Doxologies is used in the Morning doxologies (duh lol) and can be used as the tune for the conclusion of the Adam Theotokia's, but the alternative tune can be used as well...
    personally i think the tune of the morning doxologies shouldnt be used for the midnight praise cause if u pray the midnight praise in the morning, and rite after it u'd pray the morning doxologies, u'd have 2 times the same tune for Nek Nai, which doesn't seem logical to me...lol, however both tunes can be used, especially cause most churches i attended midnight praise use the morning doxologies tune anyway...
  • There are a few tunes that are set as Watos Tunes and a few that are Adam, not just one of each. For example, in the Psalies.

When saying the Saturday Psali for versers praise (Afti emep onof), you use a different tune then when you say the Sunday Psali (Aikoti Ensok) during the midnight praise.

The first one is a watos tune, not the watos tune.

Like wise, O Penchois is said in a Watos tune, and Neknai O Panoti is said in a different Adam tune. When Neknai O panoti is said on sunday in the morning doxology it is said in a different Watos tune.

wow too many words in one sentence...hope that makes ANY sense lol.
  • i do get it though

but as far as i know O Penchois is the txt of THE Watos Conclusion o the Theotokia's, chanted in the appropriate tune ie annual, hosanna, festal, lent, kiahk (wednesday-saturday)
    and Nek Nai is the txt of THE Adam Conclusion, tune doesnt change (sunday-tuesday)

the fact that we say Nek nai in the morning doxologies has nothing do with the fact that it's adam or watos, cause whatever day it is, we refer to Ten ou osht....as the "adam morning doxologie"

When Neknai O panoti is said on sunday in the morning doxology it is said in a different Watos tune.

i dont really get this part, why would u chant a Watos tune on an Adam day???

i never heard ur theory, it's quite interesting though lol ;D

doesnt really matter, in the end all we do is praise God
    and as long as u use the same tune for ur whole church as a congregation then there's probably no problem
    however i do believe that what i stated is the teaching as it was handed over ;)