Sylvia's death

2»

Comments

• my bad about that sylvia being a siant thingy, excuse mi pls...
  • Guys, thought I would let you know. There is a new website dedicated to the Armanious Family. Here is a link:

http://www.armaniousmemorial.org/
  • i have just joined this but my older brother goes on here all the time he has talked with Sylvia afew times....ya know when i think about it,it seems like Sylvia and her Family inspired me to join this...to learn about my religion and talk about it...so i thank her and her family :)
  • hay Eriny no i havnt met them the onli way i no her is on the site thats all i can help with im sorry but there r lots of ppl that knew her

im sorry
    but may God bless u and every1 else on de site
    keep smilin ppl THEY R IN HEAVEN nd we will meet them 1 day may God repose their souls
    :) ;) :D ;D
    FROG
  • hasn't anybody wondered what type of standards jesus has? i mean how can we go to heaven if we dont know what jesus wants for us to get in??

nobody im pretty sure follows all the ten commandments, and evryday

sometimes i feel as if im not goign to heaven bcoz im a sinner
  • hasn't anybody wondered what type of standards jesus has? i mean how can we go to heaven if we dont know what jesus wants for us to get in??

If your in Christ then your going to Heaven.Repent,believe,be baptized into His holy Name--your in Christ.Accept the free gift of His righteousness;He took all your sins,you take His righteousness.Dont try to enter Heaven trusting in your own righteousness.Put on Christ and His righteousness and cast aside your own.Trust,believe,recieve.
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=1106;start=30#msg19445 date=1107025776]

If your in Christ then your going to Heaven.Repent,believe,be baptized into His holy Name--your in Christ.Accept the free gift of His righteousness;He took all your sins,you take His righteousness.Dont try to enter Heaven trusting in your own righteousness.Put on Christ and His righteousness and cast aside your own.Trust,believe,recieve.

Faith in Christ is very important. We must believe in Him that He is the Logos, the Son of God, the Father the Pantocrator, and that His blood that was shed on the cross will cover all our sins and the sins of the entire world. But faith alone will not be enough. Each person will be judged according to his/her deeds, what each person have done during the journey of his/her life on earth, we will present an account of it infront of God our Lord Jesus Christ . If we do not repent and confess of our bad doings and accept the absolution from our father of confession and have communion of the Eucharist sacrament (the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ), we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven, for His words are true and just:

1- The Lord Jesus Christ ask from us to be perfect: "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 6:48 - Of course we will never reach the perfection of God, but we have to work hard in good deeds and struggle against temptation and sin all our lives seeking to be somewhat perfect with humbleness as He is perfect. And Christ will guide us and help us in this struggle when He sees that we are taking the first steps towards Him.

2- Good deeds: "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God" John 3:19-21.

3- Good deeds: "and come forth, those who have done good deeds, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation" John 5:29

4- Good deeds: "who will render to each one according to his deeds, eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality" Romans 2:6-7 & (prayed in Liturgy) "but glory, honor and peace to everyone who
    works what is good" Rom 2:9.

5- The entire or main theme of the Epistle of St. James is the harmony of faith and works of good deeds. (I) Enduring and fighting temptations (James 1:12-14). (II) Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves - a person is justified by works and not by faith only (James 1: 22-26) .
    (III) Controlling our tongues and what we say (James 3:2-12).
    (IV) God resists the proud - and will draw near us when we seek Him (James 4:6-10).

6- The servants who traded with their talents and profited deserved the joy to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but the lazy servant who did not profit from his talent was cast in the outer darkness (Matthew 25:14-30). What are the talents that were given to the servants other than the sacred gifts of God given to us which we should use to glorify His name every day by our good deeds and live in the same path that Christ have lived among us, so we no longer are the ones who live, but Christ who lives in us (Galatians 2:20). What are the talents except the sacraments of the church and the fruits of the spirit: Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self control. If we used all those fruits in our daily life and walked in life as the example our Lord Jesus gave us, then our good deeds together with our faith in the Lord using the sacraments will lead us to the kingdom of heaven.

7- There are many faithful people that have even done wonders in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and prophesized in His name, but did not do good works who will be cast away in the eternal condemnation (Matthew 7:22 & Matthew 25:41).

8- Also DOING what we have heard and learned from Jesus is like a wise man who build his house on the rock, nothing can move it (Matthew 7:24) By their fruits you will know them (Matthew 7:20).

9- Example of good deeds are: loving people (even our enemies), serving the needy and poor, giving even from the little we own, sharing, kindness, humbleness, patience, praying constantly, participate in the partaking of the sacraments such as confession & communion, reading the bible and study it (You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life, and these are they which testify for Me "John 5:39") and suffering for the name of Christ and for our brethren just like what Sylvia and her blessed family did by sacrificing their lives for the true word of God. They have done an excellent deed by bearing their own cross for the sake of their faith just as our Lord and Savior have done for us. They have entered to the Kingdom of Heaven through the narrow road and gate.

The Bible is filled with many many teachings about faith and deeds, and one of the good deeds that each Christian is supposed to do is not only to study the bible and the teachings of The Lord Jesus and His disciples but also to live the bible in our daily lives.

So in conclusion as our Lord had taught us as well as St. James and St. Paul, faith without works is like the person who build his house on moving sand, the lazy servant, or the fruitless fig tree.
    The two (faith and works) should go side by side.
    God bless you all
    In Christ
    Ibrahim
  • :)

Faith in Christ is very important.

8For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Romans 4
    Abraham Justified by Faith
    1What then shall we say was gained by[a] Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? 2For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness." 4Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5And to the one who does not work but trusts him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

Galatians 3
    By Faith, or by Works of the Law?
    1O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 2Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by[a] the flesh? 4Did you suffer[b] so many things in vain--if indeed it was in vain? 5Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith-- 6just as Abraham "believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"?

7Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify[c] the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed." 9So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

The Righteous Shall Live by Faith
    10For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." 11Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith."[d] 12But the law is not of faith, rather "The one who does them shall live by them." 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us--for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"-- 14so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Chapter XXXII.-We are Justified Not by Our Own Works, But by Faith.

Whosoever will candidly consider each particular, will recognise the greatness of the gifts which were given by him.(129) For from him(130) have sprung the priests and all the Levites who minister at the altar of God. From him also [was descended] our Lord Jesus Christ according to the flesh.(131) From him [arose] kings, princes, and rulers of the race of Judah. Nor are his other tribes in small glory, inasmuch as God had promised, "Thy seed shall be as the stars of heaven."(132) All these, therefore, were highly honoured, and made great, not for their own sake, or for their own works, or for the righteousness which they wrought, but through the operation of His will. And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1st Epistle of Saint Clement.

"Then they said to Him,'what must we do to be doing the works of God?'Jesus answered them,"This is the work of God that you BELIEVE in Him whom He has sent." John 6:28,29

• We are justified by faith, and our faith is justified by works. The Bible makes it clear that faith is not lip service, or some sort of a mental affirmation or mere belief that Christ is Lord who died for our sins - faith involves the pursuit of the mind, heart, body, and Spirit towards God, in obedience to His word, which entails that we do good works. Works is a litmus test for faith. There's no point in each party isolating verses out of their context - those that place emphasis on works vs. those that place emphasis on faith.
  • We are justified by faith, and our faith is justified by works. The Bible makes it clear that faith is not lip service, or some sort of a mental affirmation or mere belief that Christ is Lord who died for our sins - faith involves the pursuit of the mind, heart, body, and Spirit towards God, in obedience to His word, which entails that we do good works. Works is a litmus test for faith. There's no point in each party isolating verses out of their context - those that place emphasis on works vs. those that place emphasis on faith.

Perfectly said! :)