Cyrillian Litany of the servant priest

In St Cyril’s Liturgy it says the following at the Litany of the serving Priest:
“(In Moses tune)
That I may bless You at all times, all the days of my life.”

In other texts, it says “He then cries out in the Ancient Tune”...what then is the “Moses tune”, why is it called that...?

Comments

• Anyone know?
  • doesn't look like it
    ;-)

happy feast of the cross!
  • its probably because the ancient tune refers to khen o shot tune and it talks about moses and his song of praise
  • Huh? What does khen ou shot have to do with St Mark’s liturgy lol?
  • its because that litany in the liturgy of st cyril is chanted in the tune of khen o shot or the ancient tune or I guess what  some people call moses's tune
  • @Jojo_hanna from what I can tell, “the Ancient tune/the tune of Moses” refers to a tune that sounds a lot like the adam lobsh aka khen oushot. It’s most likely called the tune of Moses since the most popular (and maybe first) hymn with that tune is a song of Moses- it’s like we say in the hymn, “and in front of them was Moses the Prophet, praising until he brought them to the wilderness of Sinai.”

As for why Moses is related to the servant priest, I don’t think I’m smart enough to give my opinion on that :D maybe some smarter people can give a more satisfactory answer to these questions
  • That idea has been thrown around a lot, that is the tune is close to ϧⲉⲛ ⲟⲩϣⲱⲧ and that's why it's called that. But here is a major problem with that, ϧⲉⲛ ⲟⲩϣⲱⲧ is NOT the song of Moses... The first hoos is. ϧⲉⲛ ⲟⲩϣⲱⲧ is a lobsh, and has been called an Adam Psali since it is an Adam hymn, musically speaking.

The thing about St Cyril's liturgy is that we have lost almost all it's hymns, except some, 5 I think, that were recorded by M Tawfik and M Mikhail. People wanting to "restore" tunes of the anaphora probably saw that mention and tried to figure out the tune... Not knowing that there is a tune for it already that is recorded.