Saint Marina the Martyr

Hey everyone,
Which hymns (old) may be sung for St Marina's feast?
(Other than all the usual Ekesmaroout, Rashi Ne, and stuff like that...)

Comments

• Piehlog has a tune that has not been lost, just change the pronouns.
    Piehlog te tiekliseya / piehlog efla-os et-tho-ooti haros / piehlog wflymen entaimartyros / ti-agia Marini timartyros ente Penchois Eesos Piekhristos
  • Dear @Daniel_Kyrillos,
    I thought someone else on this forum, and @minatasgeel could confirm, did state that the tune for behloj was actually lost and it was a recent innovation to fit the words on the tune of arebreswawin! Is that right?
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • edited July 2019
    So most of these saints hymn have one or two parts in the beginning that are supposed to be unique...and then the rest is a paralex. The paralex is easy to figure out since probably one of those hymns is saved, and you just rakep the rest of the hymns on that (that's the case now). For the parts in the beginning, that's where research is close to impossible to accomplish since it's all orally passed. This is the case for like Adam Abel, Piehlog, etav-enni-eskhai, fa ni tenh enhab....and many many more in books.

The way different schools are dealing with the problem i just mentioned is that they would rakep those unknown parts in a specific tune that would apply for ALL the hymns. That's why Etav-enni eskhay in M Tawfik's way may sound like other hymn recordings by M Tawfik or the Muharraq monastery monks. 
  • Ϯϣⲉⲡϩⲙⲟⲧ ⲛ̀ⲧⲟⲧⲕ ⲉⲙⲁϣⲱ Ⲙⲏⲛⲁ
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • What are the Hymns schools present in 2019?
  • No one can really answer that question. There are too many cantors and churches that are still on their own that we don't hear of at all. 
  • What are the “known” or most “common” ones, then?
  • @ophadece is piehlog even on Arieprevevin? Sorry for asking something so silly, but the tune to me doesn’t resemble ariepresvevin
  • Yes @Daniel_Kyrillos, esattamente..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ