Need the Translation of those parts

edited February 2019 in Hymns Discussion
Hi, i need a correct and precise translation (in english) of those two parts of the hymn of intercessions. 

1)Hiten ni evki ente nenioti ethouab em batriarscis, Ava Athanasios bi apostolikos, nem Ava Kirellos bestellos ente bi nati, nem Dioskhoros etkhips enti orthozokseia, ava Kirellos bi masou, ebshois…  

2)Hiten ni evki ente nashois enioti en mainoshiri Ava Biscioy nem Ava Pavli, nem bigori ethouab Ava Mose, Ava Isizoros bi ebresviteros, Maximos nem Domedios, Ava Arsanios, Ava Ioannes bicolobos, Ava Samoil bi omologhetis, ebshois…

(it may sound strange in english because that's the italian-coptic lyrics, but i'm sure you got what parts i'm referring to)

Comments

• Hi @AndrewRezk
    1) through the prayers of our fathers the patriarchs, anba Athanasius the apostolic, and anba Kyrollos the pillar of the faith, and Dioscoros (bikhebs not "etkhebs") the lamp of Orthodoxy, anba Kyrollos the sixth, o Lord...
    2) through the prayers of our masters and fathers who love their children anba Bishoy and anba Bawla, and the strong saint anba Moses, aba Icidore the priest, Maximos and Dometios, anba Arsenius, anba Ioannes the short, anba Samuel the confessor, o Lord...
    There is a mistake in the second verse..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • edited February 2019
    @ophadece wow you were so fast (as always xD) thank you.

could you evidence me the mistake?

also in the first part, if you listen here, at the min 9:05 to me it sounds like "etkhebs", what do you think?
  • Hi @AndrewRezk
    I think they are saying "ebkhebs" which is right rather than "et". Be or eb mean "the" because lamp is a noun, not an adjective. Alle altre parole be o eb significano "il/la" perché lamp è un nome, non è un aggettivo.
    The mistake in the second verse is including Sts. Maximos and Domadios (santi Massimo e Domateo) in the fathers who love their children. They were monks yes but I don't think they were priest monks which is why you would give that title. I may be wrong though. In any case we have a separate verse reserved for them "naniodi atwab 'nrwmaoc" = our fathers the Roman saints = nostri padri i santi romani
    There are also a difference between ⲁⲃⲃⲁ and ⲁⲡⲁ, but unfortunately no one gives a close eye and every one says "ava" which is wrong on both levels, linguistically and rank-wise. I can look at this in more detail if you want me to..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • edited February 2019
    @ophadece, thanks for you answers (in two different languages :D).
    if you have time i'd also like to hear the difference between the "two Ava" cuz i'm unaware of it.
    thanks again for the answers!
  • Of course @AndrewRezk.. The first anba is ⲁⲃⲃⲁ which refers to the higher clergy people, i.e. bishops (including monastery heads), metropolitans and patriarchs, so you will find it frequently in the congregation of saints in the liturgy from whom we received the faith, so you'd find ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲁⲛⲧⲱⲛⲓⲟⲥ and not ⲁⲡⲁ Ⲙⲏⲛⲁ for example. It has to be said that the title is also sometimes reserved for the pioneers (eg ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲡⲁⲩⲗⲉ, but I am not absolutely certain, so I will get back to you on that one). That's why it's wrong to mention deacon Habib Guirguis, as he is not a higher clergy person.
    Ⲁⲡⲁ on the other hand refers to saints who are not clergy people so you will find a diversity of martyrs especially in the congregation of saints in the psalmody (midnight chants, etc). Now again, please give me time to look into the list above and ascertain which title for which saint. I definitely wouldn't have been able to write that in Italian!
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • edited February 2019
    Do you mean three different languages? Haha.. (the quote button didn't work, I meant to reply to your comment "two different languages")..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ
  • Ahah, you are right