Coptic Responses

I was wondering how to say two things in Coptic.

First, when Abouna has a Deacon smell the wine, what would I say?

Second, when Abouna is finished cleaning the Paten, what would I say?

Thanks!

Comments

• 1 - Gayyed wa kareem = good and honored 

2- Shere Pistavros ente Penchois Esous Pikhrestos
  • @minatasgeel gayyed w Kareem is Arabic.. any idea what the Coptic translation would be? At first thought it seems that Axion Kai Dikeon has the same meaning- but even that is Greek.
  • edited January 2018
    I noticed the first one was Arabic. I believe Axion Kai Dikeon may be the correct one. And also, the response when Abouna cleans the Paten is far shorter.

My Abouna knows me and I have had the blessing of serving on the Altar weekly and have learned a significant amount about the Divine Liturgy in a few years, even to the point that can I help cradle Copts from large parishes who serve at our church go through the motions.

I actually prefer to read Coptic instead of the latinized letters. But, I would prefer to say something more formal when another Priest serves at our Church that isn't, "You're good." It's great for the kids that I am a bit different, but I prefer to at least know the correct terminology to use.
  • I was never taught the Coptic for the first one. 
  • Dear @Daniel_Kyrollos,
    As @minatasgeel says, we have never been taught the Coptic for such a response. However, @ItalianCoptic makes a very good point. "axion ke dikeon" seems to be plausible, although it is more like "worthy and holy" in more literal terms (it is Greek and in the priestly anaphora bit it translates into "meet and right"). I don't even know what source we could search for that in! 
    oujai qen P[c
  • I don't know perhaps a literal translation would be: "nanef (kalwc) nem ettaiout (pe)"!!!!
    oujai qen P[c
  • Thank you guys very much. I may use the Arabic to mess with my Abouna on Sunday.
  • I think Axion ke Dikeon (albeit Greek) doesn't literally mean 'meet and right'- Axion seems to have the same stem as axios, which we say is 'Worthy' in the tamgeed, and dikeon is used to mean righteous as noun, as in the Past that. I think a literal translation of Axion Ke Dikeon would be "Worthy and Righteous," and that seems close to "good and honorable"
  • "good and honorable" at our churches we say good and pure (and blessed) !