Meaning of narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and few find it.

edited August 2017 in Faith Issues
This is what I believe the meaning is

I believe a person who does not make jesus words the foundation of His life may have believed jesus is God but He didn't find jesus as way truth and life. If he does not for example believe stealing is wrong he does not believe jesus is God by his heart. He therefore believes jesus is God for other reasons that He is not in reality. Therefore he believes jesus is God but not the God we should worship

Jesus said there are branches in Him which do not bear fruit. They are not those about whom jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. One person could have believed before stealing is wrong and then justified it. That is less obvious but he lost his faith. Jesus said he who has will be given more but he who has not even what he seems to have will be taken away from him. That means you can't expect to have grace as you did when you were a babe in Christ if you stop growing in knowledge or maintaining the truth in your heart or magnifying it so increasing your faith. A believer therefore may have commited many sins but he has a sensitive conscience and so God gives Him grace because he is a babes but an older believer must grow in knowledge of truth to remove the tares that are planted to take away his conscience that he may have faith.

If you are living in habitual sin you have not found the way which leads to life yet. You are not walking according to the Spirit but the flesh

My purpose of this post is to say I think I could be wrong that jesus did not intend the way to heaven being burdensome and for you to save yourself. You only have to make much effort when you have quenched the Holy Spirit. It is difficult because you have to strive to never quench the Spirit to be safe you have to fear your oil runs out when you need it most
I have not found the way yet. My point is it is difficult but not burdensome it is the good fight we need to want to do it because it is the right thing to do. Not to prove we are good but that God is good. Therefore we are not saving our reputation but Gods in our heart and glorifying Him. We can not save our reputation we are evil.
It is difficult only for the one who does not yet love God. Perfect love casts out fear

Therefore few find that it is impossible to save themselves and find the grace for God to save them to the way of life

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Can everyone be expected to follow this ? I think I may be able but I don't think I will but I will try. Most people would rather I sweat in work not in prayer

"Struggle, my child, for God's road is narrow and thorny; not inherently, but because of our passions.
    Since we want to eradicate from our heart the passions, which are like thorny roots, so that we may plant useful plants, naturally we shall toil greatly and our hands will bleed and our face will sweat.
    Sometimes even despair will overcome us, seeing roots and passions everywhere! But with our hope in Christ, the Repairer of our souls, let us diligently work at clearing the earth of our heart.
    Patience, mourning, humility, obedience, cutting off one's will - all these virtues help cultivate it. We must apply all our strength, and then God, seeing our labor, comes and blesses it, and thus we make progress."
    + Elder Ephraim +
  • edited September 2017
    Without chastening we are not God children. Luckily if we wish His will I hope God will bring severe suffering to us to make us worthy of the kingdom and we don't have to seek it ourselves though it is good and maybe later necessary. I remember it is said those on stony places fall away when tribulation happens and it is because they are not rooted enough in love to God through His word. He who gains his life will lose it and he who loses his life for My sake says Jesus will find it. That's why you see millions suffering they are being led to the kingdom while we are being left behind
    But tribulation often happens for chastening of our sins. He will only give us much as is needed for our salvation. If we sin we deserve to pay the price. But God won't continue to give you chastening without your cooperation because He dont want to cause you despair. Therefore those who fall away may simply be unaware they have just fallen away through despair and so tribulations don't happen anymore Therefore if you wish to continue being disciplined by the Lord gain hope and love to God through His word being deeply rooted in good ground.
    Can we sin plenty and not worry because we will be chastened ? What do you gain you can't escape your duty and pain but you add more tribulations and there is more problems to say about that maybe

Please forgive me there may be some errors

• edited September 2017
    God does not desire to send anyone to hell therefore those who don't pray always to be worthy to escape all these things will not be saved. He don't want to save you without you being worthy. We are never worthy but we are made worthy because we did the best we could with what sins we have. We have done only our duty we are unworthy slaves. He did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. That is he is not interested in those who are hoping for mercy only for themselves.Those who don't pray secretly hope God will let them in without real struggle. They think they are favored.
    What kind of constant prayer makes us worthy? loving others by praying for them and thereby serving them in some way depending on the will of God for your life.

“Prayer keeps the world alive and when prayer fails, then the world will perish… ‘Nowadays,’ perhaps you will say, ‘there are no more monks like that to pray for the whole world,’ But I tell you that when there are no more men of prayer on the earth, the world will come to an end and great disasters will befall. They have already started.”
    (Saint Silouan the Athonite, pg. 222, 223.)

I have a informative short treatise or commentary on demons and jesus prayer but I will spare you from that now. Because I don't believe demons could and would ever repent even if mercy was offered to them. The same with those who refuse to repent now. God has done all He can which is right for them

Maybe Jesus said many will prophesy in My name and I will declare I never knew them because instead of praying for others they bible bashed the bible without really taking hell seriously though they believe it. They don't weep or grieve deeply for others. Its not that our preaching affects others I don't know if it does but it doesn't help others either without weeping. I am guilty of not really praying at all
  • edited September 2017
    This whole idea I got of demons I read from Eastern Orthodox commentary on jesus prayer that the demons don't want mercy because they insist to try to make God out to blame. Humans may not be totally like that therefore demons shall have greater torment in hell. Unlike the Eastern Orthodox we don't believe God could offer salvation to them anyway and that is not official doctrine of their church either. They got their chance.
    Humans because they are capable of remorse atleast shall have some mercy in hell but no mercy at all for demons
  • edited September 2017
    So my goal is to pray
  • edited September 2017
    Should I keep this random reading to myself ? I flipped pages in my bible and found it
    Jesus said those without communion will have no life in them which if that is observed it proves some if not all outside the church have not found the way to life. You see like Jesus the church talks as an authority as it can back up its teaching by scripture. But protestants want you to just have to trust Protestants who ignore communion.
    Now it seems to me jesus is not saying everyone who is orthodox have found the truth and is saved but He is saying being a good orthodox is difficult a true orthodox and by finding it he does not mean finding it once but finding the way of fulfilling Christ commandment as orthodox to lead others to salvation and that should be a lifelong struggle to find the way. We can't judge by whether people converted or not that that is proof because they could be evil but if not we should continue to be worried. We have to seek a clear conscience otherwise if we let man teach us not to be upset about our conscience or be troubled then we are letting them replace God as teacher yet at the same time we don't trust our conscience fully as worries can be from satan to make us be leaning on our own understanding and not trusting the Lord. Because our conscience also convicts us we need the church so how will we fulfil both ? Therefore we have to submit to the church while not being satisfied with that but try to grow in its knowledge of truth and attracting people to orthodoxy while because of our weakness if church is true conceding we feel we may not know all the truth but also hoping to see the fruits of submitting to church that it was a correct decision and you must to enter life it seems

It is important to realise that because it is few and difficult and in addition though that is enough because I don't think I live a very difficult life you have to be afraid of being comfortable with me as likely I am going to hell.
    The devil tries to make people feel more important and not fear at all which may explain all my dreams about God. Ofcourse too much fear is also not from God

But any dream which is from God will be confirmed by for example saying a note saying something is in your basement and finding it is and it teaches struggle though I hope God can guide some people a little through dreams but never will He accept them so much

Tommorow I may prove again a bigger rebel and cancel all good work

However I hold this position because I don't have talent for other and because I hope God will show Protestants them accepted and if it is not that strict God will show the truth to them but if their conscience tells them even a little they may need communion then they should have it. Because if some don't who have not been witnessed with power God will send someone to give them peace even if he has to be from the orthodox

Matthew 7:13-29
    13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
    You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
    15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
    I Never Knew You
    21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
    Build on the Rock
    24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
    26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
    28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
  • edited September 2017
    If we do not have much fruits of the Spirit especially we can not rest or watch tv or be lovers of pleasure until we find a place for the Lord. The below psalm also means we should not rest until God kingdom is on earth and it won't be if it is not inside us. The kingdom of God is inside us. To find a place for God to dwell in the hearts of those who come to Him. To fill the hungry with good things. 

Psalm 132:1-5
    The Eternal Dwelling of God in Zion
    A Song of Ascents
    1 Lord, remember David
    And all his afflictions;
    2 How he swore to the Lord,
    And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
    3 “Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house,
    Or go up to the comfort of my bed;
    4 I will not give sleep to my eyes
    Or slumber to my eyelids,
    5 Until I find a place for the Lord,