marriage issues

Hi father

I am an Orthodox Christian from India .I married a girl from my own community ie Orthodox . It was an arranged marriage with full agreement with parents and elders.for those who r not aware ,its a common practice in India.

We stay with our parents. Parents r extremely religious Christians.

My wife is not too religious.she does come to church with me on Sundays but apart she's not a lot into religion.

But she is an obedient wife. Over the last 1 month my mother keeps telling thst she has seen visions thst my wife is not a good person for me and thst she could be possessed .

My mother has had earlier premonitions in the past which turned out to be true.my mother is also religious so I cannot completely ignore her words

My wife has been good to me so far but my mother's concern is getting me v worried .I am praying to God a lot. What should I do

Plz help .god bless

Comments

• Pray for your wife. Love your life. Give your life for your wife. That is your role. Anything else that makes you question that is an attack to break your bond of marriage. It is your role to lead your wife to heaven. Not necessarily by words or by force, but at least by your actions. Your prayers. Your examplary love for Christ. This will lead her. Do not give up on your marriage regardless of what your mother tells you.
  • edited July 2016
    Just because she's not religious does not mean she's possessed. Your mother is religious, but simply misunderstanding the situation. Even people who have premonitions can make mistakes.

You are NEVER to leave your wife. You are now married to her. There is no grounds for separation or divorce here. She is good to you. Therefore be good...actually no, be BETTER to her, so that through your love, kindness, and gentleness to her, she may see what true religiousness looks like, not by slander, but by love.
  • Thanks a lot for the responses.

Yes I will not leave her. I m praying a lot . please pray that my mother too learn to accept her .I have been close to my family so do not want all this to happen .

I also have a project in Poland for about 2 years. My mother also feels taking a not so religious girl with me to a Western country will indirectly affect my relationship with God

• I pray you will be strong in Christ Jesus.

Our Lords Jesus Christ law is love. So be strong in that.

If you can remember this in your thoughts: Titus 3 1  Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. 9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.

Justify yourself by your love in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Peace and joy to you George.

• Your relationship is strictly between you, your wife and God. No one else should interfere.
  • Thanks a lot all for the valuable comments.god bless
  • What does your mother suggest??
  • Mother is concerned that taking a not religious girl to a Western country make me too drift away from.religion and God (later my kids too once we have kids)

Things now slightly improving now though. Thanks all for your prayers ..