Psalm 150 in old sahidic Aswmen tune

+ this is for listening ...

+the sources of the tune are in the last minutes of the hymn
                     https://soundcloud.com/goha_aswan/chfkhhnt9wkb  

Comments

• I never heard the "old sahidic Asomen tune" before.  Is there a link to listen to Asomen in this tune?
  • ah...never mind...I was impatient in waiting to hear the whole thing...interesting!
  • the old sahidic Aswmen you will find it recorded by cantor Tawfiq Yousef Elmoharraqy
  • Minasafwat, thank you for the contribution. 

On a side note, the name "Old Sahidic Asomen tune" is a little misleading. Sahidic really means Sahidic Coptic. This should be more properly called "Alternative Asomen tune used in Upper Egypt" because the text is Bohairic and there is nothing to indicate a Sahidic origin. In addition, is the common "Lower Egyptian" tune used in Cairo not used in Upper Egypt and Asuit now? Is this the only tune used for Asomen in Asuit and the surrounding areas?

• + Sahidic means the tune not the dialect...sahidic dialect has died more than 700 years ago

+this tune is not confined to Asuit only....it is found in some old churches ..and also the psalm 150 was recorded by cantor Wadee3 but in lower Egypt Aswmen 
    .and the most churches in upper Egypt pray the ordinary one...as media was stronger than the ability of upper egypt cantors excepts for some regions where teaching was strong enough to conserve heritage..
  • I know what you meant by Sahidic. There are many meanings of Sahidic. In English, especially when the audience is not Coptic, it most often means a specific dialect that was not confined to Upper Egypt (as many Copts believe). We don't know when the Sahidic dialect died. Paris Manuscript 68 is a Sahidic liturgical text that can be as late as 1624 when Vansleb brought it to France. Paleographically, the earliest it can be is 12th century but it is most likely 15th-16th century. 

When one says a Sahidic tune, it implies the tune originated or is confined to Upper Egypt. As you claim, it is not confined to Asuit only and the "Lower Egyptian" tune is not confined to Lower Egypt. Thus, it is a misnomer to call a tune Upper Egyptian/Sahidic or Lower Egyptian/Cairene. This is not the only example of the misuse of the word Sahidic. It is found in the Kiahk Vespers additions. (In that case, all the descriptors, Rumi/Greek, Bohairic, Sahidic, are misused even though they are all one tune) 

Either way, it is irrelevant what you want to call this Asomen tune. I, for one, am very glad you are opening our world to tunes that we did not know existed. Thank you again.
  • listen first to Aswmen recorded by cantor Tawfiq Youssef and you will understand what i mean

you said: (When one says a Sahidic tune, it implies the tune originated or is confined to Upper Egypt)
    briefly you are not doing well here ..that is not correct at all...