Weekdays Gospel response

Dear all,
I've been thinking about something without any success in understanding the reason for: in the Lenten weekdays Gospel response we use the pronoun abadanhat in the first verse. Why abadan? That's the only time at all a pronoun like that is used in any congregation hymn, especially when it changes again in the next verse. I am aware that fixed Gospel responses are something new, so please explain to me how this came about?
oujai khan ebshois

Comments

• Maybe if you write the text in a dialect i can understand (or even recognize), i may be able to help :-)
  • @minatasgeel,
    abadanhat meaning your hearts.. strange pronoun to be used as a congregation response especially the verse after it switches back to I have sinned..
    oujai khan ebshois
  • Ophadece,
    I'm not sure what you are talking about either. The text in question (I think) is ϯϩⲓⲣⲏⲛⲓ ⲛ̀ⲧⲉ Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲫⲏⲉⲧϭⲟⲥⲓ ⲉ̀ⲛⲟⲩⲥ ⲛⲓⲃⲉⲛ ⲉⲥⲉⲁⲣⲉϩ ϧⲉⲛ ⲛⲉⲧⲉⲛϩⲏⲧ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡⲓⲭⲣⲓⲥⲧⲟⲥ ⲓⲏⲥⲟⲩⲥ ⲡⲉⲛϭⲟⲓⲥ. This is the text on tasbeha.org (although it is grammatically incorrect in this form. But that is beside the point). The highlighted word is netenheet or nadanhat. Where are you getting abadanhat? I also don't know where ϩⲏⲧ is used in the next verse of the same Gospel response. 

Regardless, I assume your question is why is the second person plural form of the possessive noun used instead of second person singular form of the same possessive noun. Is this correct? It is not the only time ⲛⲉⲧⲉⲛϩⲏⲧ is used in congregation hymns. It is used in the first verse of the doxology of St Antony. 

Are you asking why the first verse uses the second person plural tense for possession, and the next verse uses the first person singular form of the past tense? I'm not exactly sure. I think the first verse was emphasizing where the peace of God is in relation to the minds of humans; but used the second person plural (your hearts) instead of the first person plural (our hearts). And the second verse emphasizing our human reaction to the peace of God - an acknowledgment of my own personal sins before God's grace and God's infinite mercy with sinners in general. I agree with you that it is a little awkward to go from plural to singular, and second person to first person forms. But I don't think it is all the foreign to Coptic hymnography. There are a handful of examples. 

• I believe the answer is in Philippians 4:7. The first paragraph is simply a bible verse in Coptic.
  • Guys I am so sorry I have been reading your helpful comments but I need a computer to reply thoroughly. I'll do that hopefully tomorrow..
    oujai khan ebshois