feelings

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok, i have a friend, we're really good friends, and he's a guy, and someone found out that he had feeling for me. I just want to be friends and nothing more, can someone out there help me. ??? i think there's a topic about this somewhere, if u happen to run across it, please tell me.

Comments

• well... JUST BE FRIEND... dont worry about the feelings, who cares if he has feelings for you, that doesnt change the fact that you have no feelings for him. if it does that is a whole new story....
  • I guess u should ask him first....wut's his feelings toward u bc as I understand u said that someone else found it out...and then if u have no feelings toward him...u should be honest with him...and tell him the truth...
  • c there's another problem, i can't just ask him weather he has feelings 4 me or not, because i know he won't tell me. i hate being in this situation because we've been friends 4 a while and i don't want 2 ruin our friendship.
  • but I think that friends should be honest with each other...no matter what the situation is...well...if u can't ask him then I think u should make sure that the feelings that he has for u are real...and it's not just someone saying stuff that is not true...
    Sorry...I didn't help much :-\
  • i get wut ur saying marianne87
  • oooooooooommmmmmmmyyyygodddddd!!!!
    i think i'm in the same situation.. and he told me that he likes me.. omg.. wut now???? ???
  • Listen guys, there's nothing wrong with people having feelings towards u. When we find out these things we always think that we have to do something and even convince ourselves of that we like them back sometimes. But the truth is u dont have to do anything except be yourself. Guys are easily confused, let alone girls, so take the problem simply and you'll get a simple solution. If you know he likes you, so what? lolx...the only thing u have to be careful of is not to give signals that u meet those feelings as well. If you really dont want to be direct with ur friend about it because I know it can be somewhat embaressing, then just voice ur opinion for the sake of conversating. In the middle of ur talks somewhere bring it up that u dont lyk anyone rite now and how ur really happy to have him as a brother who can be there for u.

There's nothing wrong there. If someone tells u they like u thats very sweet of them and all but dont ever feel obligated that u have to like them back or pressured that u have to answer with something big. Slowly and easily and stress-freely explain ur thoughts and not much can go wrong. I'm sure if the person really likes u he wont be mad if u say "thank u i'm honored but my mind isnt set on anyoe rite now" . Good luck girls. Live Strong!
    ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • o wow magnoona4lyf.. u r one crazy girl.. WOW thnx alot sweetie.. :-* :-* :-*.. ur a very smart girl.. and ur alot of help.. have fun!!!!!!! :D
  • what if it's both ways? ::)
  • gr8 question SOMS.. but no answer.. hmmm interesting..lol.. c'mon we need an answer here.. :-*
  • lolx...cute

If it's both ways then there's also nothing wrong with that. Liking ppl is nothing out of the ordinary...its called being a teenager or just plain old normal, lolx.
    However it is mutual then u shouldn't tell him. I mean after u tell him, then what? U both r going to want to take it to a next level, which is usually dating...which leads to other levels that lead to other levels that lead to u maybe poppin kids...ok ok, lolx...just a lil exaggration, but u get the point. If u like him, u like him, just another crush to remember and if u really like him then its just another name in ur book of memory in life...just dont tell him, especially if the feelings r mutual...wwhooo no, lolx. Personally if i liked a guy (its been a while, wow, lolx i'm so not normal) newaysif i liked a guy i would b scared out of my brain(whats left of it) to even breathe a hint that i like him....i wish i had those kinda guts, i'm such a mushy thing, uugghh o well, but yeah, :-X dont say nuftin 2 him ;)

• lol, thnx everyone.... what if ur not sure and u used to and he used to but now u like the person again and ur not sure if they like u again? and one more thing, how do u know if they like u?? ooph, im not making any sense...... ::)
  • well, if ur not sure u lyk them again then u really cant make any conclusions about this subject unless u r sure. Because until u find out ur steady feelings towards that person, things will only get cnfoosing for u and him and sometimes u'll even find urself acting lyk not u, lolx.

I think for u to be sure whether or not u lyk him, u have to sit down with urself and weigh everything, the good and bad. If u find urself naming good things and having to dig ur brain 4 something bad and even then u say it with a smile, then u lyk him, lolx. And i'm just curious...what happens if he does like u again? I mean u liked each other b4, what happened then? If u like each other again, what happens now? U get me... just be careful cuz sometimes your feelings destroy the best of friendships, so if u lyk him that much and he vice/versa...then u 2 wouldn't prolly do anything to ruin the friendship that already exists between u even if it means NOT going out or anything beyond or before that, lolx... ;)...wow, i shouldnt be answering for these topics :-\, i'm lyk so badd, lolx...Good luck though :P

• lol, thnx for the help, no ur not bad at it, ur pretty good actually ;D
  • lolx, sankis mann so muchly :)
    it's really the experience talking more than i am...lolx i should really stopp...neways...MERRY ALMOST NEW YEAR GUYS!! 4 MORE DAYS AND IT'S A NEW YEAR!! omg...thas scaryy, lolx

• but would it be wrong 2 tell the person that u like them
  • I don't think it's wrong...I think it's just being honest with tht person...and telling them ur true feelings toward them.
  • i think its a personal choice whether u want to tell a person u like them or not, there isnt exactly a right or wrong to it. it also depends on the person, if they want to know or not.

its up to u....

i guess the important thing is not to let it occupy ur mind too much. if you're distracted in mass by the person, or thoughts of the person, if you're not praying well because u spend too much time talking to that person at night, if you're unable to focus on Christ for any reason because of that person, then... that's not too good, lol.
    its ok to have feelings, i mean it proves that you're human (lol).... so if u wanna decide whether u should tell them or not, do it on the basis that, if you tell them, will it help you focus less on them and more on God? or will it be better for your salvation if they dont find out?

and if its a 2-way thing... avoid dating! im sure we all know this... society makes it ok, but our church is against it... so lets believe the church. dating a person will only cause you to focus on that person more than on God... and who is the one who went through endless suffering for us? it wasnt that person that we'll be focusing on....

i hope im not sounding too preachy or weird... its just that these feeligs that us as teens/people have can be a great tool that the devil uses to take us away from the focus on our Saviour... so take care in whatever decision you make!

salam...

• i asked aboona about whether or not telling a person u like them was rite and he said no cuz it leads to other levels after that in most cases :-\

• o that suxx :-[.. i fell horible now :'(.. lol no i'm kidding but
    WOW i like wut u guys r typing.. lol.. thats all good stuff.. most of it.. ;D
  • but c if u don't tell them their feelings...then it's gonna be all inside u..and tht wouldn't bring u any good either...so idk ???
  • hey i hear u saying to be honest, b4 wen i was a bad boy lol, i wud tell i gurl i like her and she never talks to me all the time

but i changed

and it is confusing a bit dont u say
  • lol...yep...it is
  • well the there is a nice youth website held by Bishop Mousa for the youth, it is www.youthbishopric.com it has alot of articles about these issues and these articles are written by Bishop Mousa so check the site and see it is a very nice site